ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The Lost Decade)

Exactly nobody is judging Smart by Duke standards. You're just being absurd here. Shaka is your guy, and you're in the tank for him the way you were for Charlie.
a. Shaka had a disaster season one year after an ok one. My commentary has more to do with the constant Final Four talk and the like that you hear from a group of fans that live in the clouds in the sky.
b. I was in the tank for Charlie?

You can be sooooo weird.

a. Shaka had a disaster season one year after an ok one. My commentary has more to do with the constant Final Four talk and the like that you hear from a group of fans that live in the clouds in the sky.
b. I was in the tank for Charlie?

You can be sooooo weird.

Show me some posts where people are holding Texas to Duke standards. Shaka's first season was a disappointment and below the standard set by Rick Barnes.

You were in the tank for Charlie well past the point it was clear he was the wrong guy for the job.

Considering that he seems to believe that there’s plenty of athletes and athleticism available to him

I'd agree with him. As in 9 wins plenty. I was expecting that from Charlie this season and I'll expect the same from Herman. That is unless Buechele flops...then all bets are off with another fish playing QB. Very disappointing to hear the stuff about Shane thus far..hopefully all the doubt lights a fire under his ass.

Last edited:
BUY or SELL: The final distribution of carries by the end of the 2017 season, looks like this ...

a. Chris Warren
b. Toneil Carter
c. Kirk Johnson
d. Kyle Porter

(Buy) Barring injuries, yes, I expect this to be the correct distribution order for running game carries.

I will admit I am the Board of the Kirk Johnson fan club but NO WAY "barring injuries" a healthy Kirk gets less carries than Toneil.

Reactions: BrushCountryHorn
This article did a great job of summarizing the failures of the UT Administration, particularly DeLoss Dodds. In spite of more resources than any school in college sports, its own TV network, and one of the largest, most affluent and loyal fanbases, the UT Administration allowed its 3 top programs to fall into mediocrity. Dodds' prophetic quote, "We are the Joneses," now epitomizes the complacency and arrogance of the decison-makers at Texas.

Longhorn fans did their part in cultivating complacency and a false sense of eliteness. In football, fans extrapolated Mack Brown's 10-win seasons into national powerhouse delusions, in spite of the fact that the Longhorns weren't winning the conference, or making the BCS, or able to beat top-ranked opponents very often. In basketball, Texas fans extrapolated Rick Barnes' 20-win seasons and Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight appearances into believing the Longhorns were an established national powerhouse. The truly elite programs in football and basketball don't just make the national playoffs occasionally over several decades, they do it over and over, and they win a few too. Texas has never done that in either football or men's basketball.

At Alabama, the athletic department openly proclaims that it owes its fans championships as payback for all their support. It's time for the UT Administration and Bellmont Hall to do the same for loyal Longhorn fans.

Reactions: txfight
"Meanwhile, the Cowboys have done nothing but lose players since the off-season began. I’d love to see something happen in the off-season that would lead me to believe anything other than a decline from last season to this season will occur for the Cowboys."

Well, at least we have the draft to look forward to.:)
Don't worry. I am sure that if the Cowboys win the first 2 games, their fan base will be screaming "Super Bowl" every chance they get.

Show me some posts where people are holding Texas to Duke standards. Shaka's first season was a disappointment and below the standard set by Rick Barnes.

You were in the tank for Charlie well past the point it was clear he was the wrong guy for the job.
Actually he warned us first.

I know it fashionable to blame global warming on Charlie here, but #2 is silly. Charlie did need a whole new roster when he got here. And he left Herman a roster that he should be able to win with...coaching abilities of the two men aside.
The roster that he inherited had quite a few pro players on it, was 30 minutes away from a Big 12 title and provided him with his best defense by a mile in three seasons.

Before this season, I received countless questions over the last year about whether Strong/Herman would get to the playoff before Shaka gets to a Final Four.

Texas was last in the sweet 16 when W. was in office.

Reactions: oakhillfatss
I'd agree with him. As in 9 wins plenty. I was expecting that from Charlie this season and I'll expect the same from Herman. That is unless Buechele flops...then all bets are off with another fish playing QB. Very disappointing to hear the stuff about Shane thus far..hopefully all the doubt lights a fire under his ass.
I think that's what they hope it does.

Before this season, I received countless questions over the last year about whether Strong/Herman would get to the playoff before Shaka gets to a Final Four.

That's not holding Texas to Duke standards.

Reactions: DanielSucks
- If you were on the board during your ban, you didn't technically serve the ban. If I'm banned from going into a store, I can't just walk around the store and browse. May need to tack on another week ;)

- Herman does like this team. Definitely more talent to work with here than at Houston.

- It's crazy that we rarely mention Erick Fowler or Brandon Jones. Curious to see if they explode this year.

- Shaka has to at least get his team to the tournament. He can't have another season like this.

- You are correct about the Cowboys. Team that are complacent after a successful year often take a step back the following season. New England is trying to get better. Heck, Green Bay broke a tradition and addressed a position of need. Cowboys were fortunate to have their key players healthy last year, but can't bank of that every year.

That's not holding Texas to Duke standards.
k.

Duke's standard is Final Fours every year or the season is a bust.

Texas fans probably don't hold the standard quite that high, but the constant talk of running in the Olympics before learning to walk briskly does exist.

- If you were on the board during your ban, you didn't technically serve the ban. If I'm banned from going into a store, I can't just walk around the store and browse. May need to tack on another week ;)

- Herman does like this team. Definitely more talent to work with here than at Houston.

- It's crazy that we rarely mention Erick Fowler or Brandon Jones. Curious to see if they explode this year.

- Shaka has to at least get his team to the tournament. He can't have another season like this.

- You are correct about the Cowboys. Team that are complacent after a successful year often take a step back the following season. New England is trying to get better. Heck, Green Bay broke a tradition and addressed a position of need. Cowboys were fortunate to have their key players healthy last year, but can't bank of that every year.
The ban was from posting. When someone gets banned, they get every aspect of the site available to them outside of posting. It's more like if you were banned from shopping, you could go inside the story, try everything on, but you just can't buy. Staying outside the store would just be you imposing more to the ban than you need to.

Jones might emerge as a starter this year. Not sure I think that about Fowler at all.

No doubt. 20 wins and a tournament appearance will be a good season. He'll feel some real heat if it doesn't happen.

Saw Casey Hampton @ his first practice @ Texas.

His calves were the size of my waist.

You are correct about the Cowboys. Team that are complacent after a successful year often take a step back the following season. New England is trying to get better. Heck, Green Bay broke a tradition and addressed a position of need. Cowboys were fortunate to have their key players healthy last year, but can't bank of that every year.

I would expect Dallas to be around 8-8 next season. The Cowboys have been all over the map the last three years, but I think we'll see a return to what I believe is Jason Garrett's long-term mean.

The defense outperformed its fundamentals in 2016, but I don't think you can count on that for a second season with the heavy losses on that side of the ball. And while I'm optimistic Dallas has its quarterback for the next decade, I also can't just pencil in a 103.2 passer rating like that's a sure thing in Year 2.

… I went 29-3 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament picks and then Villanova lost to Wisconsin and I might as well never look at it again.

You actually thought Villanova was going to beat my Badgers? shame on you

question:

Is Hampton a HOF'er?

12 year NFL career
5 time pro bowl
2 time super bowl champ

or will he get the Darren Woodson treatment because he was great at his job and never ran his mouth or caused a problem.

Former success in football does not make future success more likely. Former poor or average success in basketball does not make future poor or average success more likely. The coach and administrative backing are EVERYTHING. Bring Mike Krzyzewski, John Calipari, Tom Izzo or Bill Self here and we are an instant national title contender. Might not want some of those guys for a variety of reasons, but they would win big here. History of the program doesn't mean jack.
Look at South Carolina. They got a decent coach, and suddenly they are in the tournament.

I would expect Dallas to be around 8-8 next season. The Cowboys have been all over the map the last three years, but I think we'll see a return to what I believe is Jason Garrett's long-term mean.

The defense outperformed its fundamentals in 2016, but I don't think you can count on that for a second season with the heavy losses on that side of the ball. And while I'm optimistic Dallas has its quarterback for the next decade, I also can't just pencil in a 103.2 passer rating like that's a sure thing in Year 2.
we agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT