ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The spotlight is on... everyone)

Saturday can’t get here soon enough!

amen, brother.

giphy.gif

I watch those vids and don’t see Roy at all. I see more Jaylen Waddle. That’s not a knock on Hudson. The best WR film I’ve ever seen is Waddle. I just see different players.
Ok. That play over the middle where he changes direction after the catch and comes out of the cut actually moving faster, at that size, reminded me of Roy vs LSU.

Reactions: downgoesfrazier
... Charles Barkley, on Kevin Durant, via Arizona Sports 98.7 FM:

"He gets mad when we say it, he piggybacked on the Warriors to win his first two championships, but if you go back and look at his career, as the best player and being a leader that all goes with that, he's been an abject failure. I mean, every time he's been like the guy who has to be the leader and the best player he has not had success."

I'm a pretty huge Barkley fan as a lifelong Sixers fan, but there's literally not one thing in Barkley's career that surpasses Durant's accomplishments. It should be said that the Sixers went 35-47 in his last season in Philly before he barged his way out of Philly, while never getting beyond the Eastern Conference semis in his final seven seasons as "the best player." His Sixers missed the playoffs twice in that time.
You’re not wrong about Barkley but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong about Durant.

Last edited:
Was just thinking today that we’re screwed if Sorrell gets injured. Thanks got pretty bad when Jacoby Jones went down last year, and he was just average.
This is still not a program with the depth needed to survive a few injuries in key spots.

Reactions: tooker00
Sure we don’t KNOW. Let me ask this way…Is there any position group that you would trade this year’s team for last year’s team? For me, kicker/punter is the only one.

Most of the positions groups are filled with the same players. No one of significance was lost. Few of significance were truly added outside of the OL.

Is there confusion over him being a great basketball player? I never said he wasn’t. These things aren’t mutually exclusive.
You can't be one of the greatest players in the history of the highest competition in your sport and not be an alpha.

His numbers are significantly better than Larry Bird's and no one would suggest Bird wasn't an alpha.

I think the "player led" thing is going to need to prove itself early in the year... because I think we will see inconsistent play and a ton of adversity.

This team is capable of improving a whole lot between now and the end of October... we just need leaders to emerge and keep the team focused on improving.
agreed

I think it ends up being Jordan Hudson.

When do you think Campbell takes the job away from Hutson?

a. That may very well be correct. Hell, it's most likely to be Quinn.

b. They may both be starting by OU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT