ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The spotlight is on... everyone)

You can't be one of the greatest players in the history of the highest competition in your sport and not be an alpha.

His numbers are significantly better than Larry Bird's and no one would suggest Bird wasn't an alpha.

Oh my. To be clear nobody would EVER be stupid enough to suggest Bird wasn’t an Alpha. Clearly that’s more open to interpretation when discussing KD.

Reactions: NativeTex
Was it simply that you expected way more YouTube traffic than you got (which would have paid for the NIL deals?) Or was there some other reason it was a financial disaster?
Multiplem problematic areas.

Saying the staff failed is fine and just, but you can’t exclude the players from blame. Both deserve equal blame for last year’s 5-7.

The coaching needs to be better, but the players also have to participate in their own recovery.
sure. Everyone failed last year.

The buck stops with the coaching staff, though.

Reactions: darrenj
For me Ketch...I say you're top 10 Eagles song list is spot on.
boom GIF

Oh my. To be clear nobody would EVER be stupid enough to suggest Bird wasn’t an Alpha. Clearly that’s more open to interpretation when discussing KD.
No one did, which was the point.

We don't know that any position is definitely improved. For instance, there's no assurance that Quinn will definitely be better than Casey, from a statistical standpoint.
I don't care so much about stats. I just want him to show up in the second half and in game winning moments. The Nebraska game was looking our last year replay. Stats are worthless if you only play half a game.

Most of the positions groups are filled with the same players. No one of significance was lost. Few of significance were truly added outside of the OL.
Usually experience matters. Especially the second year in a new system.

No one did, which was the point.

I think you missed my point. You brought up Bird in the context of KD being questioned as an alpha. Your explanation was based on superior numbers. Alphas aren’t based wholly on numbers. Which is why I suggested nobody would be dumb enough to question Bird. KD is open to debate. Perhaps not an equal debate but nonetheless one can be made. No such one can be made regarding Bird

Reactions: NativeTex
I have to admit that I have distanced myself from the music scene, but I was not aware of the following:

Vince Gill joined the Eagles following the death of Glenn Frey. Gill serves as co-lead guitarist, in addition to providing rhythm guitars, singing background, and sharing occasional lead vocals with Deacon Frey in place of Glenn Frey's role. He initially started touring with the band in 2017 and continues to serve as a member of the band.
OGC.990a8a5dce4f41ac11f10cc2f6785d00

Last edited:
if Baylor wins the big 12 for the 2nd straight year Aranda no way stays at Baylor, someone (yo, Nebraska) will throw a truckload of guaranteed cash at him. Nebraska site chatter already mentioning him.

Do you think those teams thought of KD as their leader and the ultimate alpha?
I think the fact that Steph Curry took a backseat to him says a lot about the answer to that question.

I think you missed my point. You brought up Bird in the context of KD being questioned as an alpha. Your explanation was based on superior numbers. Alphas aren’t based wholly on numbers. Which is why I suggested nobody would be dumb enough to question Bird. KD is open to debate. Perhaps not an equal debate but nonetheless one can be made. No such one can be made regarding Bird
You'd think nobody would be dumb enough to question KD, considering his actual output is on line or better than almost anyone that has ever played.

I mean, Kareem actually questioned Lebron’s leadership so this is a false statement.
Context matters.

Your post is intellectually disingenuous. His comments about LeBron were mostly about non-basketball issues.

better in respect to less expectations and pressure? at NE you have more resources (see: NIL and coach salaries) with the Big 10 conf payouts, and a larger national presence.
Nebraska does not have better natural resources than Baylor.

KD had it wayyyyy easier when Steph and Klay were out there keeping the defense spread out.

Same for LeBron. They look amazing on Super Teams.

At least LeBron carried a team on his back to a Finals win. Kobe did too.

KD has proven unable to do that. That’s not controversial.

ADVERTISEMENT