ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The spotlight is on... everyone)

You can't be one of the greatest players in the history of the highest competition in your sport and not be an alpha.

His numbers are significantly better than Larry Bird's and no one would suggest Bird wasn't an alpha.
An alpha among alphas is different though and it’s more than his numbers. Not everyone who is good at something is automatically that type of leader. You keep saying things like I don’t understand his numbers, which has nothing to do with my opinion. He’s great at basketball.

That's bullshit. He's never been an abject failure in his entire career.
He didn’t say his career has been an abject failure, he said KD as a leader has been an abject failure. I don’t know that I completely agree but it’s not an unfair take. If KD weren’t a Horn, I’d probably completely agree. He’s a great player but leadership is certainly questionable.

An alpha among alphas is different though and it’s more than his numbers. Not everyone who is good at something is automatically that type of leader. You keep saying things like I don’t understand his numbers, which has nothing to do with my opinion. He’s great at basketball.

In the hottest of hot basketball moments, he's took the ball and done the damn thing with it.

He's not riding shotgun. He drove the car on those two titles.

He didn’t say his career has been an abject failure, he said KD as a leader has been an abject failure. I don’t know that I completely agree but it’s not an unfair take. If KD weren’t a Horn, I’d probably completely agree. He’s a great player but leadership is certainly questionable.
Was he not a leader when he won those two Finals MVPs?

Let me put it like this... name another Finals MVP that has to justify his leadership skills.

Reactions: 1Shooter1 and jpeek
Just because Barkley said it does it make what he said about Durant any less true?
It just makes it more ironic.

Signed,
Boy who wore Sixers Barkley jersey and remembers a lot of first round playoff exits

Was he not a leader when he won those two Finals MVPs?

Let me put it like this... name another Finals MVP that has to justify his leadership skills.
Isiah Thomas

Abject failure might be hyperbolic as he did take over scoring in those series but when he left that team, it didn’t seem like they still wanted him around which says something.

I had a proof reader! I think he might have been six beers in. @Suchomel ???
Too many Tylers and Tyrons and I'm not up to speed on the Cowboys' roster. It wasn't the beers (yet) but I did have a bunch of screaming kids in the other room so I blame it on them. It's always the kids' fault.

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
Too many Tylers and Tyrons and I'm not up to speed on the Cowboys' roster. It wasn't the beers (yet) but I did have a bunch of screaming kids in the other room so I blame it on them. It's always the kids' fault.
I blame Jason and Jason blames the kids.

And so too, are the days of our lives.

days-of-our-lives-days.gif

That's one of the most ridiculous things anyone has ever suggested on this site.
You asked who has to justify their leadership skills and I think there are many who would question him. He has been put in many leadership roles. Most of them ended with “what was he thinking?”

We may also define leadership differently. To me, it’s more than just being the best player in a moment.

Thank God we got a Manchester United bullet. Sadly, there was no mention of the #2 Lady Longhorns Volleyball team taking down #7 Ohio St on the road to start the year 2-0.

Theres your bullet.
I think this is going to be the best volleyball team we have seen. Hopefully OB doesn’t miss the boat

You asked who has to justify their leadership skills and I think there are many who would question him.

who? Don't confuse a guy MJ hated with being a guy others questioned with regards to leadership.

He was the captain of the team that slayed the Celtics and Lakers.

who? Don't confuse a guy MJ hated with being a guy others questioned with regards to leadership.

He was the captain of the team that slayed the Celtics and Lakers.
And Dumars was the MVP of one of those teams.

Well, being a Finals MVP was the proof point for leadership.

Durant is being held to some silly standard that even the worst Finals MVPs have never been held to after they've won the MVP.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

The only real answer to my question is Iggy and no one brings it up after he won the MVP against the cavs.
I think great play is often confused with leadership. Barkley is a perfect example.

KD is no doubt in incredible player. While he has been one of the best players in the league over the last decade, his chemistry with teammates on multiple teams has been questionable.

I think that it’s fair to call into question his leadership since his biggest success came on an already established team. He could prove Charles and me wrong but to assert that it’s an unfair suggestion based on where things are right now isn’t objective.

Would you feel the same if Stephen Curry made the same comment? He won’t because he’s not a mouth like Barkley but I think the messenger here is being used to undermine the message.

Reactions: NativeTex
We're done with the NIL stuff for a while. It was a financial disaster.
Was it simply that you expected way more YouTube traffic than you got (which would have paid for the NIL deals?) Or was there some other reason it was a financial disaster?

This staff failed last season.

It MUST be a lot better.
Saying the staff failed is fine and just, but you can’t exclude the players from blame. Both deserve equal blame for last year’s 5-7.

The coaching needs to be better, but the players also have to participate in their own recovery.

Last edited:
In the hottest of hot basketball moments, he's took the ball and done the damn thing with it.

He's not riding shotgun. He drove the car on those two titles.
They were great teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT