ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (There Will Be Blood)

Uhhh, pretty sure I said/suggested Russell’s behavior WAS due to life circumstances. Thanks for agreeing. Have a good day
pretty sure you misread, was stating that's about as good an excuse as a 93 year old has for still being racist.

We've killed it in the portal?
I mean.. top 5 portwl class including the highest rated recruit since VY came over.

5 star WR from Bama came over.

All Conference WR from.. crap blanking.. came over.

Not sure what your definition of "killing it" is, but those are pretty good starts.

We did miss on a few edge/LB targets.

I mean.. top 5 portwl class including the highest rated recruit since VY came over.

5 star WR from Bama came over.

All Conference WR from.. crap blanking.. came over.

Not sure what your definition of "killing it" is, but those are pretty good starts.

We did miss on a few edge/LB targets.
Not sure Worthy counts as portal, but I'll give you that. None of the rest have played a down yet, so I'll withhold opinion.

pretty sure you misread, was stating that's about as good an excuse as a 93 year old has for still being racist.

You should really stop trying to bang on a 90 year old black make for his approach on such matters. Again, sorry you didn’t get a precious photo with him. At this point, again, I’m done here.

Reactions: stevenspaul1357
Best action movie clip ever in Commando

“Remember when I said I’d kill you last?”

“Yes! you did!”

“I lied” *drops dude off cliff*

must say I was disappointed not to see Running Man. I freaking love that movie. Best one liners!

You should really stop trying to bang on a 90 year old black make for his approach on such matters. Again, sorry you didn’t get a precious photo with him. At this point, again, I’m done here.
Ok I will. It wasn't me who didn't get a photo, I could care less about taking a picture with him. I did get to play 18 with KC Jones and the guy as I said couldn't have been cooler.

Reactions: cooleyo
simple as that
for some reason in the back of my head i think our defense next year improves greatly through the portal.
True Freshmen=
offensive guys- can have an immediate impact
defensive guys- come along a bit slower than an offensive guy
we have a good year on defense this year we can really attack through NIL to improve immediately for 24 and then stockpile the young talent.

for some reason in the back of my head i think our defense next year improves greatly through the portal.
True Freshmen=
offensive guys- can have an immediate impact
defensive guys- come along a bit slower than an offensive guy
we have a good year on defense this year we can really attack through NIL to improve immediately for 24 and then stockpile the young talent.
as in 2023?

as in 2023?
Yes...
am i off base thinking that younger defensive guys have a lesser impact than an offensive guy? take X for example...what would be the equivalent of a defensive performance by a true freshman? who has had that type of impact on that side of the ball? hard for me to immediately recall from recent memory.

You know where I stand on the Portal. lol. I'd save 10 spots.
I'm starting to come around more and more to that way of thinking. I can understand a couple reaches for raw talent that has the right measurables, or a cousin/friend that is included to get the blue chip, or even to stay in a school. But random kids outside the Composite 250 really have me struggling. If we were to look at the bottom 1/3 of the 2022 & 2023 classes can we honestly say more than 4-5 of those kids will graduate from UT and the rest will be recruited or portal-recruited over and pushed out. Seems like a disservice to the kid that was taken and will be forced to transfer.

disagree

Haven't killed it in all areas, but this team's entire 2022 season is largely connected to the ability to bring in Ewers, Neyor, Hall, Billingsley, etc...
Agree, there won't be one kid came in the 2022 portal that won't be in the 2 deep. That's a higher hit rate than the bottom 50% of the 2022 class will have in the 2022 and 2023 season.

I'll disagree with that. We haven't killed it on defense though.

Watts will start and DTD is in the 2 deep and situational. That's not bad on the defensive side. Just needed the Edge. The Mathis miss was huge.

"If you're hoping that I've got some words to soften the blow..."

Lol. Why would anyone think Ketch would want to soften the blow when it comes to UT football?

Yes...
am i off base thinking that younger defensive guys have a lesser impact than an offensive guy? take X for example...what would be the equivalent of a defensive performance by a true freshman? who has had that type of impact on that side of the ball? hard for me to immediately recall from recent memory.
I think it's safer to say they'll be ready to make an impact in 2023, for sure.

Agree, there won't be one kid came in the 2022 portal that won't be in the 2 deep. That's a higher hit rate than the bottom 50% of the 2022 class will have in the 2022 and 2023 season.
and probably 2024 and 2025...

Reactions: DKinnamon
"If you're hoping that I've got some words to soften the blow..."

Lol. Why would anyone think Ketch would want to soften the blow when it comes to UT football?
I struggle to imagine a world where someone thinks I'm motivated to stick Texas fans with a jagged shank at every opportunity.

I struggle to imagine a world where someone thinks I'm motivated to stick Texas fans with a jagged shank at every opportunity.
I don't think people realize how you make money. Happy fans are on the board more with clicks. Happy fans follow the football team all season and don't tune it out. The reality is business is better for you when you don't have to pump sunshine and piss in people's wheaties and they want the product you have.

I don't think people realize how you make money. Happy fans are on the board more with clicks. Happy fans follow the football team all season and don't tune it out. The reality is business is better for you when you don't have to pump sunshine and piss in people's wheaties and they want the product you have.
It's been a long time since I've had a happy business.

ADVERTISEMENT