ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (There Will Be Blood)

I have Twins in the top 10 if for no other reason than the scene where Devito realizes Arnold got all the good genes and he got all the crap.
When was the last time you watched it? Just curious.

So he had to be an asshole that people that did appreciate him and just wanted a picture with him? I witnessed one of them first hand, but you SJW guys can just overlook.

lol. Try to put your feet in the shoes of a 90 year old black man. Athlete or not, Russell lived through things you can’t REMOTELY appreciate. But don’t let that stop your ignorance.

Go 9-3 (or better) in 2022 and this past weekend goes away for 2023 and beyond. This is not all on the defensive coaches. Aggy and their crypto could not stomach losing Hill. Give me a break in the sense that aggy is that much better of a program right now. WTF have they actually accomplished on the field ever? Jimbo is mediocre, aggy knows it and they can’t afford to lose a recruit like Hill to a 5-7 Texas team that just picked up Arch. Aggy is desperate and a turnaround season for Sark and CO. fixes all of this nonsense. And OU sucks!!! 🤘🏻
A&M's median season for the last half decade would be a success for Texas this season, no?

lol. Try to put your feet in the shoes of a 90 year old black man. Athlete or not, Russell lived through things you can’t REMOTELY appreciate. But don’t let that stop your ignorance.
Was he the only one? Cause i know plenty of older black people that didn't act like him. Why am I ignorant for knowing that he wasn't very nice to common people/fans? Abdul Jabbar same way, what's his excuse same thing?

Thanks Ketch. Way to step up,and take care of that young woman and her family. It saddens me that these sort of things are still going on in todays world. I have a young daughter of 23 and I pray every night she meets a nice young man who treats her like a lady and they beautiful healthy children and I can be there as their Grandpa for many years to come.

You bring up great points I’ve noticed we can differ on all kinds of sports and politics but we all seem to have compassionate and caring Big Hearts when it comes to helping someone in need.

It reminds of the time you stepped up and ask for our help with the unfortunate family that lost both their boys to tragic car accidents in East Texas years ago.

My heart ached for those parents losing not one, but both their sons to tragic car accidents, once again you organized a Go Fund me page and OB members stepped up to pay for their burials. Just know that even though we may differ I think your a good man and have a Big Heart and I respect greatly what you do for these people in need.
God Bless you.
This community always steps up when it is asked to. Always.

We’ve been through too much to be so thinned skinned to think it’s not a war in recruiting and that we will get everyone we want. What’s bothersome is the poor defensive results on the field and inability to get blue chip D players as you said. i love to know if Sark has a plan B with Gary to replace coach K during the season if he falters. You have to believe Sark had that discussion with Gary.
They go hand in hand. You can't be historically bad on defense and not think there will be some consequences when trying to recruit that side of the ball against more proven options.

A ray of sunshine on the cloudiest of days can make a difference. I'm not even talking about who has committed or will commit to where.
There are so many bad things going on on the world these days that make it difficult to think about football.
Being able to contribute to the OB in desperate need surely helps me in ways I don't think anyone on this forum will ever know.
Amen, brother.

Was he the only one? Cause i know plenty of older black people that didn't act like him. Why am I ignorant for knowing that he wasn't very nice to common people/fans? Abdul Jabbar same way, what's his excuse same thing?

i don’t pretend to know what being called the “N-word” even by FANS in his playing days and being treated as a second class citizen by this country for a large part of his life might do to a person’s psyche. But I’m sorry if you and a few white strangers were denied a precious photo op with Russell. Must’ve been devastating.

Even a blind squirrel, am I right? ;)

Hey man, if your lists are any indication, you’ve likely seen a ton more movies (especially recent ones) than I have. I got spoiled by what I consider my “golden era” of movies — the 1960s to the early 1980s — and my moviegoing or watching has been much more selective since then.

Reactions: Ketchum
When was the last time you watched it? Just curious.
It’s been many years. It’s honestly an emotional connection with that scene because I use it to describe my son and me as he is five inches taller, more muscular and has blue eyes and Sandy blonde hair. If I didn’t have a DNA test, I’d question things.

Each have its methods. It comes down to individual situations.

UT's methods are why Texas and the Portal are such a good partnership.
Are you unwilling or unable to give direct answers? Not at all trying to be a jerk.

But you hint at aggy paying up front or being in the gray area of payments, and Texas is not. Then your answers when asked for clarity are candidly pretty vague and up for interpretation.

So, is that because you are professionally unwilling to make the definitive statement? Which I would understand. Or is it because you're not 100% sure and wouldn't be able to make definitive statements? Which I also would understand.

Reactions: rmckinney
It’s been many years. It’s honestly an emotional connection with that scene because I use it to describe my son and me as he is five inches taller, more muscular and has blue eyes and Sandy blonde hair. If I didn’t have a DNA test, I’d question things.

It's a damn god movie, I know that. I just haven't seen it in forever. Maybe since the 90s.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Are you unwilling or unable to give direct answers? Not at all trying to be a jerk.

But you hint at aggy paying up front or being in the gray area of payments, and Texas is not. Then your answers when asked for clarity are candidly pretty vague and up for interpretation.

So, is that because you are professionally unwilling to make the definitive statement? Which I would understand. Or is it because you're not 100% sure and wouldn't be able to make definitive statements? Which I also would understand.

I don't have a single first-hand piece of proof of any cheating.

I have zero actual receipts and neither does anyone else or we would see them.

You have to be careful in what you say because of that.

Cool, appreciate it.

I dont think aggy is crushing recruiting ust because of money, I think thats sour grapes. I don't default to that for any school that gets a commitment, it's a dumb joke.

But there is some super convenient timing with NIL and certain programs uptick in recruiting that is noticeable.

Reactions: stevenspaul1357
i don’t pretend to know what being called the “N-word” even by FANS in his playing days and being treated as a second class citizen by this country for a large part of his life might do to a person’s psyche. But I’m sorry if you and a few white strangers were denied a precious photo op with Russell. Must’ve been devastating.
Dumb take. Do you think KC Jones was ever called the N word? Cause that dude couldn't have been any cooler. These weren't one off occassions, I got to attend several events these guys were at, all the old Celtics were cool, except for old Bill. Move along, what I stated was fact, many people act a certain way due to circumstances that happened in their life, he's no exception.

Reactions: c.c.rider

And I do read between the lines of "first hand", but it would be fun to have some truth serum for people and separate the stories you hear from truth.

Each have its methods. It comes down to individual situations.

UT's methods are why Texas and the Portal are such a good partnership.
This comment alone is why I don't like taking reaches. UT has not shown itself to be patient and take 2-3 years to develop a kid. Why process, trapdoor, or wash a kid out of the program (whatever wording we choose to use) and create bad blood when we can rent a more polished athlete for 1-3 years that developed on another campus. Portal also helps bring in age/experience where taking 25-32 freshmen a year will always leave your roster underclassman heavy and subject to more attrition.

This comment alone is why I don't like taking reaches. UT has not shown itself to be patient and take 2-3 years to develop a kid. Why process, trapdoor, or wash a kid out of the program (whatever wording we choose to use) and create bad blood when we can rent a more polished athlete for 1-3 years that developed on another campus. Portal also helps bring in age/experience where taking 25-32 freshmen a year will always leave your roster underclassman heavy and subject to more attrition.
You know where I stand on the Portal. lol. I'd save 10 spots.

I think if we’re being we would ask, “does it really matter when someone gets paid?” At the end of the day everyone is getting theirs.

I agree with you, but we haven't exactly killed it in the portal either.
I'll disagree with that. We haven't killed it on defense though.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Dumb take. Do you think KC Jones was ever called the N word? Cause that dude couldn't have been any cooler. These weren't one off occassions, I got to attend several events these guys were at, all the old Celtics were cool, except for old Bill. Move along, what I stated was fact, many people act a certain way due to circumstances that happened in their life, he's no exception.

Uhhh, pretty sure I said/suggested Russell’s behavior WAS due to life circumstances. Thanks for agreeing. Have a good day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT