ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (There Will Be Blood)

Me too. I've personally had a very rough week and doing some good in the world has made things better.
A ray of sunshine on the cloudiest of days can make a difference. I'm not even talking about who has committed or will commit to where.
There are so many bad things going on on the world these days that make it difficult to think about football.
Being able to contribute to the OB in desperate need surely helps me in ways I don't think anyone on this forum will ever know.

Reactions: Ketchum
It’s like our pastor says that when you struggle with your own lives and the prayers to cure our lives, focus on someone else who may be worse.
It truly sounds that she may be worse.

when Chuck and the others of us took on our project two years ago it was right in the middle of COVID, hot as hockey sticks, I was just a few days away from Achilles surgery and all of us who participated had our own other mess we were bogged down by but I’ll run the risk of speaking for Chuck, Michelle and the others who participated in this, when we met to get something to eat after we’d gotten the family settled in East Dallas all I could think of was how blessed I was and how much more we could have done to help. It was like the end of a war movie With everyone pulling together. It was also a joy as Chuck and I had been long time members but never met- mainly argued about politics, sports, entertainment, Dallas’s hopeless comparison vs Houston but we pulled together for a common cause- Men and women who didn’t know each other at all. And before we left, Chuck was committing to check in on that family to make sure they’re ok

Ketch, the effort you led is something nobody else would have been able to pull together from so many disparate contributors of various levels and you deserve some credit to. As a long time member I’ve had to laugh at your image here by many people who agree with you and your finite math /statistical mastery equations that tell us if a LB will be a bust or the next coming of Sergio Kindle/Tommy Nobis/Derrick Johnson. I’ll speak for my side of the house who may not agree with you at every opinion you put up but am sure an admirer of yours for putting up with this unruly audience and still giving us your wisdom, knowledge and taking on causes like these.

we are lucky to have you - Blessings to all of the Ketchums tonight and know your role in helping “Sara” to find peace
Thank you for the incredibly thoughtful note. Lot to chew on there, but I do appreciate the kindness inside of it.

At the end of the day, I love the hell out of this place. :)

I do agree to a certain point:

malik Jefferson
Sergio Kendall
Jackson Jeffcoat

were all can’t miss 5 stars

one is a journeyman
One is who the F knows
One is bragging about CFL stats

You are a badass until your not in this recruiting game.

I agree with 95% of your takes but to make a 6’2” 235 LB the next LT is too steep for me

I remember Roylin Bradley and Christian Rodriguez going to Aggy to be the end of days and both were just JAGs at best.

The Vacek frame and potential is a bigger loss to me.

But this is why i love Orangebloods
We can wait 2-3 yrs and throw stones at each other .

Allow me to retort.

a. One was the Big 12 Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2017
b. One was a finalist for the Butkus Award and a two-time All-BIg 12 player
c. One was an All-Big 12 Player, the 2010 Big 12 Freshman of the Year and a guy that saw injuries keep him from more.

No one called Hill the next LT. You just made that up in your head.

Bradley was a 5 star. Christian Rodriguez was not.

Vasek is a heck of a player.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Hopefully some of these freshman dl’s will develop the way Byron Murphy did his freshman season. If so the defense will start to come together by the end of the year. It would be a big help this year if the offense would control the ball for a bigger percentage of the game than they did last year. That way the defense isn’t on the field as much.
The defense needs a few players to emerge as playmakers.

Okay, @Ketchum , straight questions. You suggest that Texas does not offer NIL deals to recruits until they get on campus. Is that correct?

Then you suggest others, namely aTm, does offer deals as part of getting recruits on campus. Is that correct?

If both are true, would Texas be recruiting better and aTm recruiting worse if those truths were flipped? And why won't Texas change their song?

Each have its methods. It comes down to individual situations.

UT's methods are why Texas and the Portal are such a good partnership.

I do agree to a certain point:

malik Jefferson
Sergio Kendall
Jackson Jeffcoat

were all can’t miss 5 stars

one is a journeyman
One is who the F knows
One is bragging about CFL stats

You are a badass until your not in this recruiting game.

I agree with 95% of your takes but to make a 6’2” 235 LB the next LT is too steep for me

I remember Roylin Bradley and Christian Rodriguez going to Aggy to be the end of days and both were just JAGs at best.

The Vacek frame and potential is a bigger loss to me.

But this is why i love Orangebloods
We can wait 2-3 yrs and throw stones at each other .

All 3 were pretty accomplished at Texas. What happens after means squat

This week sucked. I had my wife's car break, my garage door died, my kid got contacts, my mom was put on hospice and we lost our biggest recruit. Glad I was able to help someone else. Let's hope next week is much better. Does Texas have a better shot at one of the out of state DL or Deal?
a. amen to that.
b. I'm not sure there's a better DT candidate available than Deal, who might be a better OL prospect.

Some will never get it
So he had to be an asshole to people that did appreciate him and just wanted a picture with him? I witnessed one of them first hand, but you SJW guys can just overlook.

ADVERTISEMENT