ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Two "problems areas" not worth freaking out over...)

It has inspired me to channel my inner-Letterman and come up with a Top 10 list of choices that would have been worse than Ware from an irony standpoint.

10. Aaron Rodgers
9. Marcell Dareus
8. Michael Crabtree
7. Any member of the 1990 Miami Hurricanes
6. Kyler Murray
5. Baker Mayfield
4. Brian Bozworth
3. Bob Stoops
2. Martellus/Michael Bennett
1. Barry Switzer

Good list. Houston Nutt should be put down on any such list, and someone should be cut to make room for Jackie Sherrill.

Who replaced Whittington in the slot when he got hurt? Can't blame Sam for the injury, but he did under throw to Whit on that play, and he got hurt coming to an abrupt halt and trying to come back to the ball.

I need to re-watch the game, but there's not really any way to rack up sacks when the opponent is getting the ball out quickly. Not the same deal as last year, when the scheme was designed for the DL to basically occupy blockers.
k.

I was in the Erwin Center for the Texas basketball game in 1988 when the sale of the Cowboys and Bum Bright's firing of Tom Landry was announced (Jerry didn't want to have to do it). The Erwin Center was half full and I've never heard such a loud reaction there - during a concert or a really good sellout basketball game. Bum Bright destroyed the Cowboys. Jerry does some awful things, but he brought them back (and the NFL as well - Fox deal, new stadiums, etc.)
I've never heard that story before.

On top of it being a first game, the entire right side of the line was breaking itself in to such an extent that the coaches seemed determined to force-feed the ball to that side of the field in an effort to learn as much as possible able the Christian Jones/Denzel Okafor tandem.

Haven't had a chance to go back over the game on DVR, but I will be interested to see how each of the 5 starting OL played individually.

Last edited:
(Sell) I think he took a lot of Jake Smith's production. If Smith is healthy, he'll be at the front of the line. That being said, Moore will play a lot.

At some point Jake Smith is going to actually play well consistently. Right now he's more myth than man.

Reactions: Vet64
... I'm pretty sure that DeShon Elliott hit Cleveland's Kareem Hunt so hard on Sunday that I can only think of horrible metaphors to describe it

I wonder if that lady Hunt beat up clapped just a little.

10. Aaron Rodgers
9. Marcell Dareus
8. Michael Crabtree
7. Any member of the 1990 Miami Hurricanes
6. Kyler Murray
5. Baker Mayfield
4. Brian Bozworth
3. Bob Stoops
2. Martellus/Michael Bennett
1. Barry Switzer

Honestly, I think Mayfield is way too low on that list.

@Ketchum

"Full stop" as a journalistic term is not going to age well -- it's a bad fad that will fade away and people will read back and cringe. I quit on the article after I saw the term the third time.

Just some unsolicited advice but the term is really hard to read.
100%, fam.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
Yes. My bad.
My eyeballs told me we're probably going to see a bunch of 77s on the Alex grade scale... not sure I saw anyone doing 80 stuff, although I paid very little attention to Cosmi, to be fair.

I wondered if he's surpassed a few all-time dragons.

IMO he has. Sure, I hated the Boz, but he certainly was no p&ssy. Baker talks smack at defenders right before he goes out of bounds knowing they can't do anything w/o being flagged.

IMO he has. Sure, I hated the Boz, but he certainly was no p&ssy. Baker talks smack at defenders right before he goes out of bounds knowing they can't do anything w/o being flagged.
That's completely fair.

• Love
Reactions: RLong68
Why Aaron Rogers? Seems like we’d be on his list rather than him in our list. We ended up I. The Rose Bowl and we’re proven right when he lost to TTU in th holiday Bowl.
He has been on a hated list for Texas fans since 2004.

ADVERTISEMENT