ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Two "problems areas" not worth freaking out over...)

@Ketchum

"Full stop" as a journalistic term is not going to age well -- it's a bad fad that will fade away and people will read back and cringe. I quit on the article after I saw the term the third time.

Just some unsolicited advice but the term is really hard to read.

get a life.

No.10 - And finally...

I saw this, thought it was cool and that it warranted having its own section. I really wish the school would do more to honor him.
The tweet states that the film shows Landry throwing a touchdown pass "out of a short punt formation." The sideline marker that comes into view clearly shows that the ball was snapped from the other team's 13-yard line. That really was going to be a short punt.

The tweet states that the film shows Landry throwing a touchdown pass "out of a short punt formation." The sideline marker that comes into view clearly shows that the ball was snapped from the other team's 13-yard line. That really was going to be a short punt.
I paid less attention to what it said and more attention to what it showed, I suppose.

One game at a time, but we are going to have to rattle Rattler
If that game ends and everyone is saying, "How was the pass rush supposed to get there? They game-planned our pass rush out of the game.".... Texas will lose.

I paid less attention to what it said and more attention to what it showed, I suppose.

Well, it wasn't you who described it as a "short punt formation." The original tweeter appears to have confused his 1940s offensive sets.

(Buy) I only say this because our sourcing didn't suggest that the reaction from the Texas coaches was one that was nuclear.

Come on now. It's silly to say this when there are only three Power 5 conferences playing. No way the Big 12 gets left out unless the top 2 teams have two and three (or more) losses respectively.

Come on now. It's silly to say this when there are only three Power 5 conferences playing. No way the Big 12 gets left out unless the top 2 teams have two and three (or more) losses respectively.
Pretty sure you didn't respond to what you meant to respond to.

The way Texas defense plays against Texas Tech will tell a lot about how they play against Oklahoma.

I disagree on Ware and it has nothing to do with his dislike of UT. I just didn’t think he was very good.

I wonder if Texas saves a lot for that game.
I don't think they're going to see anything in the game film that's going to convince them to pull all the stops in their game plan for Tech. The less you can give OU to prepare for, the better IMO. Of course, there's a reason I'm a diamond importer & jewelry designer rather than an OC, DC or HC!

Reactions: slothrop
I don't think they're going to see anything in the game film that's going to convince them to pull all the stops in their game plan for Tech. The less you can give OU to prepare for, the better IMO. Of course, there's a reason I'm a diamond importer & jewelry designer rather than an OC, DC or HC!
Agreed on everything but the last part. It's not rocket science. You got your finger on the right pulse.

Reactions: Iceman
I bitched and moaned about ESPN forcing Ware on The University and IHG but he surprised me and did a good job. He shared some good insight from a QB perspective.
I want to see if he can contain his anti-Texas bias for more than one game though.;)

I bitched and moaned about ESPN forcing Ware on The University and IHG but he surprised me and did a good job. He shared some good insight from a QB perspective.
I want to see if he can contain his anti-Texas bias for more than one game though.;)
Fair enough.

Every year the OL is hyped as better. Every year they are the same.

Glad we have an OC that will do for us what Joe Brady did for Burrow.

FYI

Herman described the line play as ok and the right side as "just fine".

Thinks it'll get better.

ADVERTISEMENT