Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Watch out, Colt! Here comes Quinn...

Keaton was the bees knees in The Other Guys. Fackin hilarious.

1. Mr Mom
2. The Other Guys
3. Multiplicity

Beetlejuice of Howard Stern fame is 10000x better than the movie.
Calm Down Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
thank you for section 5 once again!!!
I laughed out loud because you keep putting B. Brown should’ve transferred to Texas.

So now I ask a question for a possible future 10 thoughts.
List of 10 players that should’ve chose, transferred, kept their commitment, or flipped to Texas. Only serious consideration.
Ex. I believe Ryan Perrilloux not only messed up his possible legacy but also the possible Texas title runs (in my opinion) by flipping to LSU. I get we got Colt but…
Ex. I know a cb that picked another school and he once told me he wished he picked Texas, he ended being an early second round draft pick too
Oooh, I'll need some time to think about it.

Reactions: Ron Pitt
Fact Check

VY lost to OU in 2003 as a non starter then lost in 2004 as the starter. That is a road game

You want any tweaks to it?
Well I’m sure it might be taxing to figure out all stats and stuff - so if they didn’t play maybe just put DNP - or maybe if they did something and put up stats then mention - whatever - I like when we get the updates of NFL and Portal players - just because it didn’t work on The 40 - they’re still part of Horn Family IMO. And it’s cool to see them doing well - not all Portal players flamed out here - some just needed little less competition I guess. Thanks for asking

Love the weekly write-up, Ketch, and boy is life better when Texas is this good. The top 10 is just great as well. I like Keaton, but as someone who’s 62, I remember when Night Shift and Mr. Mom came out and catapulted Keaton into the stratosphere. There was no funnier actor on the planet at that point. But I’d never rate Beetlejuice in my top 10. Tim Burton’s just not my cup of tea. Had no idea Keaton was in Cars or Toy Story 3. Keep up the great work!

Ketch - fantastic read this morning. As stated by others, this is always one of my Sunday night/Monday morning “look forward to’s”. This was solid.

You made me literally laugh about the punting stat. That was great. As BudaHorn clarified with us being 109th in actual punts, you’re right, nobody cares.

OL:
I think this OL is easily the best OL we’ve had since 2005’s team. I agree Banks > J Scott but that’s it.

As for the Colt/Ewers comparison, my vote is still easily with Colt but let’s see how Ewers’ season ends before any final declarations…however if we’re all in agreement about the OL (this year), it should be a very simple fact that Colt’s OL was not nearly as good as this OL….and right now Colt has the advantage in terms of playing in the NC game (and we all know the outcome of that game easily would have been different had he not got injured…in the first quarter).

TE - I was a big Sanders fan but honestly, give me Helm over him. He’s scrappier and seems more complete.

DL - this DL is showing signs of much improved DE and progress to be made interiorly.

Secondary - this secondary definitely looks far better than last year’s. Nowhere close to 2005 but definitely a strength so far for us but it’s still early to know how battle tested we are back there. Mich QB play was horrific and with 5 new OL for them, the secondary was poised to look good. I’m still very bullish though.

One suggestion: in the spirit of being able to just read the football (non- Hollywood) related comments, I think it would be great to have your Top 10 movies/etc in a separate column. Most times I enjoy them. Sometimes it’s someone I couldn’t care less about and sometime I’ve just really short on time and wanting to read just football content. Again, I’d likely still read those threads if started separately but it would make reading through this thread more efficient.

Again - fantastic read this morning. Much appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
Love the weekly write-up, Ketch, and boy is life better when Texas is this good. The top 10 is just great as well. I like Keaton, but as someone who’s 62, I remember when Night Shift and Mr. Mom came out and catapulted Keaton into the stratosphere. There was no funnier actor on the planet at that point. But I’d never rate Beetlejuice in my top 10. Tim Burton’s just not my cup of tea. Had no idea Keaton was in Cars or Toy Story 3. Keep up the great work!
It was him and Eddie Murphy emerging at the same time.

Reactions: Rockhornfan
Quite the fall for Kendrick Blackshire from Bama to UTSA reserve linebacker.

Comparing the two games between Clemson and Michigan. Georgia was only up 6-0 at half. Georgia opened it up and put the beat down in the second half. Texas had complete control in a true road game. October 19 will be the litmus test!! Enjoy the ride!!

(Sell) Ultimately, I think Arch Manning plays in 2025 and 2026, which means that Texas won't need a starting quarterback until 2027 at the earliest and I don't think anyone in the 2025 class is going to wait that long, no matter who it is. That being said, I'd take Keelon Russell for the Duncanville connection.​
@Ketchum - I noticed that Keelon R. is the #1 Dual-threat QB on the ranking list but if you click on his profile he is categorized as a Pro-style QB. How would you define him?

I ask this in part because it seems (emphasis added on “seems”) that Sark prefers a pro-style QB for his system.

Buy or Sell: Regardless of the outcome of this season. Our future is brighter than Georgia's having Arch as the next QB sets us up in the future more than Georgia. Who is the next QB for Georgia?

The first time I saw Beetlejuice I absolutely hated it, except for the scene at the dinner table with the Harry Belafonte song but watched it a second time and liked it much better - I’ll watch it again if it’s on now which is a tell on how great a movie is—- the little Beetlejuice under his breath comments are some of the best.

B/S - T Owen’s sees the value in learning under Arch/Quinn and especially Sark and will sit the bench for 3 years to play 1 or 2 seasons here.
These are the weirdest kind of rogue apostrophes.

• Haha
Seemed arbitrary. Most of what I’ve read calls the modern era starting with the AP Poll beginning in 1936.

No idea 1970 was modern but 1969 wasn’t. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It should be 1940. F*ck aggy and their 1939 squad of mouth breathing sod busters.

• Haha
@Ketchum - I noticed that Keelon R. is the #1 Dual-threat QB on the ranking list but if you click on his profile he is categorized as a Pro-style QB. How would you define him?

I ask this in part because it seems (emphasis added on “seems”) that Sark prefers a pro-style QB for his system.
pro-style

Buy or Sell: Regardless of the outcome of this season. Our future is brighter than Georgia's having Arch as the next QB sets us up in the future more than Georgia. Who is the next QB for Georgia?
Buy, although UGA can go to the Portal if needed.

Reactions: ARD438
The first time I saw Beetlejuice I absolutely hated it, except for the scene at the dinner table with the Harry Belafonte song but watched it a second time and liked it much better - I’ll watch it again if it’s on now which is a tell on how great a movie is—- the little Beetlejuice under his breath comments are some of the best.
I've always loved it.