Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Watch out, Colt! Here comes Quinn...

There wasn't much domination in that season, especially from Colt. He was awful in the biggest games and somehow finished second for the Heisman.
I didn't signify a year - was talking about the block of seasons. 2004-2009

Blowouts - 60 point games

* Sark just answered me in the Press Conference - said he doesn't wanna take the foot off the pedel...

Hot Take? Texas scores 166 points over the next 3 weeks.... give up 10

Last edited:
Reactions: boernefan
@Ketchum I know even after the Michigan win you are sticking with 10-2 regular season but I am finding it pretty difficult to find 2 losses for the team I saw play Saturday. I still think 11-1.

Ketch,
I couldn’t agree more about Bijan. What a crappy situation.

(Sell) Banks (over Jonathon Scott) is the only OL from the 2024 team that I would take over the 2005 team. The 2005 secondary was considerably better at this point.
And Banks is doing it in less time than it took Scott to become the player he did. Incredibly impressive.

Reactions: Ketchum
I hear you. Vegas is still giving GA ~1.5pts. I expect that to tighten, and potentially favor us by game time.

I don't want to bring up the whole PTSD nonsense, because I'm over that.

It's simply that GA is a very good team. I think we can hang, but it'll take mistake free ball. I think our best performance can beat their best performance. However the margin is tight. I see little room for error in the game.

Its possible, as the season goes on, we'll face a team that is hot and playing better than GA. Although, ever since this schedule was set, I've viewed this as the biggest test of the regular season.

I didn't signify a year - was talking about the block of seasons. 2004-2009

Blowouts - 60 point games

* Sark just answered me in the Press Conference - said he doesn't wanna take the foot off the pedel...

Hot Take? Texas scores 166 points over the next 3 weeks.... give up 10
Oooooohhhh. Maaaaaybe. Is the defense gonna basically pitch 2+ shutouts....

And Banks is doing it in less time than it took Scott to become the player he did. Incredibly impressive.
Offset The Hype GIF by Max

• Haha
Reactions: UT Horn
I heard 10-2 on the post game Youtube show... Gotcha

I've got Texas at 11-2 and losing the SEC championship against Alabama in Atlanta.

That will lead to the No. 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. After winning its first-round match up against a team like Missouri, it'll match-up with the Big 12 winner in the quarterfinals, which will end up as an easy Texas win. That would set up a national semi-final showdown against No. 1 Ohio State and this is where I have the 2024 season coming to an end for the Longhorns, in a 33-29 loss to the Buckeyes.

Along the way, I have Texas beating Michigan, Oklahoma and Georgia. I've got them dropping a road game along the way. Yes, that could end up being in College Station.

The bottom line for me is that Texas simply has too much talent for almost everyone on its schedule. It should have a quarterback advantage over every team on its regular-season schedule.

We're in for a hell of a ride.

Reactions: MB-HORNS
I don't even know what to say. ;)
Is it possible that some people like the original simply because they were the trailblazer? Connery isn't my favorite Bond to watch either. I appreciate the legacy and the importance in film history, but that doesn't mean they're my favorite of the actors nor that they're in my favorite movies. I always found Keaton's Bruce to be kind of bland. He seems like someone's uncle to me. I thought Kilmer did a much better job portraying the tortured Bruce that you want to root for. Similarly, I find Reeve's Superman to also be kind of boring, and thought Tom Welling on Smallville did a much better job portraying a Clark Kent that was vulnerable. Batman Forever definitely has its share of problems, but I found its attempt to tell a story about Bruce Wayne to be really interesting, and I thought Kilmer was great.

... The stats don't yet completely suggest that the Texas secondary is anything special (although only a few teams have more than 4 interceptions), but I'm convinced that we're watching one of the best Texas secondaries that we've seen in a long time. It's not 2005 good. But, it's really, really good. These guys can cover. These guys can tackle. These guys are making plays. No area of the team has improved more from 2023.

I'm glad you talked about this. I mentioned after week 1 seeing that pick from Barron how I couldn't remember a CB making a play on a ball in the air like that since Quandre was here. That's been a decade of watching CBs struggle to find the ball in the air.

I couldn't be more impressed with this group. We've had a couple good Safeties sprinkled in the last ten years but the entire unit playing this well and attacking the ball in the air is something we just haven't had much of. Of course, let's see how we hold up vs OU but my eyes tell me it's a massive difference.

Reactions: Ketchum
Comparing the two games between Clemson and Michigan. Georgia was only up 6-0 at half. Georgia opened it up and put the beat down in the second half. Texas had complete control in a true road game. October 19 will be the litmus test!! Enjoy the ride!!
My wife’s family is all UGA, as she’s from South Georgia. They have memories of the 2018 Sugar Bowl running around in their heads.

Reactions: ARD438
I'm glad you talked about this. I mentioned after week 1 seeing that pick from Barron how I couldn't remember a CB making a play on a ball in the air like that since Quandre was here. That's been a decade of watching CBs struggle to find the ball in the air.

I couldn't be more impressed with this group. We've had a couple good Safeties sprinkled in the last ten years but the entire unit playing this well and attacking the ball in the air is something we just haven't had much of. Of course, let's see how we hold up vs OU but my eyes tell me it's a massive difference.
100-percent agree

It was him and Eddie Murphy emerging at the same time.
Indeed. A great time for comedies. I’m guessing you’ve done a Top 10 comedy movies, and maybe more than once. I wonder how many from those two would make the list.

Working from home while wife is still in office, Mr Mom is number one for me…..

One of the reasons we will be better this year is Helm. With all of Sanders talent, he is nowhere near as complete a player as Helm. Sanders was always good for a missed block or missed assignment that would kill a drive. Helm is simply a baller. Had a little David Thomas (not as fast) in him.
That guy was HUGE on Saturday--he has great hands and catches Quinn's passes with ease. He looks like a true TE out there--he's turning into Quinn's security blanket.
He's got a lot of talent himself, but credit Banks and Sark for developing him. He's just gotten better and better.

220, 221, whatever it takes.

Gung Ho could easily be top 5, and Johnny Dangerously is in.

what were the rough times?
His freshman year VY was spotty for certain...

Shutout loss to OU he had a rating of 66.2
The Mizzou game I mentioned, he had a rating of 6.6 (yes...6.6)
KU game he had a rating of 113.9

Obviously his legs were a huge factor but as a passer, VY had his struggles before turning into the GOAT.

His freshman year VY was spotty for certain...

Shutout loss to OU he had a rating of 66.2
The Mizzou game I mentioned, he had a rating of 6.6 (yes...6.6)
KU game he had a rating of 113.9

Obviously his legs were a huge factor but as a passer, VY had his struggles before turning into the GOAT.
Yes, but we're talking about road performances

A 2008 team that lost in Lubbock?

A 2009 team that nearly lost to an average OU team, an average Nebraska team and wasn't dominant at any pointin the season?
Yes.

The 2008 team lost in the last moment to a ranked Texas Tech team when the Big 12 was the best conference in the NCAA.

The 2009 team ran the table in a competitive Big 12 conference.

We can’t say the Big 12 was competitive last season…

Latest posts