ADVERTISEMENT

Man!..We must be the Devil

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
Bad ole UT has been blaimed for Atm,s inability to compete.....for bringing down Art Briles....and now this....

In a new book“The Transformative Years at Kansas State: The Years of President Jon Wefald from 1986 to 2009” — Wefald alleges that a controversial decision to prevent “non-qualifiers” from being admitted to Big 12 schools was implemented by former Texas president Robert Berdahl strictly to bring down Nebraska.

We have such super hero powers I am surprised there is not a Marvel Comic about our exploits.

Do we get any credit/blame for Mike Leach?

TCU/Gary Patterson are cockroaches. We thought we exterminated them by excluding them from Big 12 originally, then they survived their drug scandal. Can't get rid of them.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa for NU. I'm gonna cry all weekend thinking about how we prevented them from having idiots and criminals on their team. We're so mean! ;)

People should really stop blaming us and start blaming Oklahoma.

We only learned how to be experts at pointing out other schools scandals....because we got soooo much practice thanks to OU and their constant coloring outside of the lines.

Certainly.... why would any team want players who can't even "qualify" to attend their schools? It's not like the athletic department has to compete with the general population to be admitted at most schools. The standards are much lower in general to begin with.

If I recall, it was a limitation on partial-qualifiers that was the real issue.

Bad ole UT has been blaimed for Atm,s inability to compete.....for bringing down Art Briles....and now this....

In a new book“The Transformative Years at Kansas State: The Years of President Jon Wefald from 1986 to 2009” — Wefald alleges that a controversial decision to prevent “non-qualifiers” from being admitted to Big 12 schools was implemented by former Texas president Robert Berdahl strictly to bring down Nebraska.

We have such super hero powers I am surprised there is not a Marvel Comic about our exploits.

It is awesome those powers include making 10 other schools vote the same way. Jedi mind trick or Big 8 schools tired of NU's having different admission standards?

Reactions: oldhorn2
It is awesome those powers include making 10 other schools vote the same way. Jedi mind trick or Big 8 schools tired of NU's having different admission standards?

Yeah, I was wondering where we obtained the unilateral power to "implement" this rule.

Wefald sounds like he's describing his own motivation for voting for Prop. 48 and ascribing it to everyone else. The Big Eight schools were the ones voting for a new policy -- UT and the other former SWC schools had long prohibited non-qualifiers and partial-qualifiers. Maybe the Texas schools actually had principled reasons for insisting that the rule they had previously followed be adopted in the new conference. God forbid that an academic institution require that an athlete be able to do more than fog a mirror to gain admission.

And f*ck Nebraska.

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT