ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Playoff contention should be in the table NOW)

I would also add the offensive line and qb rooms that sark inherited were a mess. He has absolutely improved those rooms and I’m not sure what else he could’ve done differently.
Quarterback room wasn't that big of a mess. He just didn't develop what he had. That's on him.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
Quarterback room wasn't that big of a mess. He just didn't develop what he had. That's on him.
Card looked a hell of a lot better last year than his first year. Casey left after a year in which he had a 158 rating with a broken hand. I have to disagree with “Sark didn’t develop what he had”
I realize Sark moved on by bringing in Ewers but would you have not done the same thing?

Card looked a hell of a lot better last year than his first year. Casey left after a year in which he had a 158 rating with a broken hand. I have to disagree with “Sark didn’t develop what he had”
I realize Sark moved on by bringing in Ewers but would you have not done the same thing?
He quit on Card after 6 quarters. Of course, Card looked better with more game time.

The bottom line is that his position of excellence is at the quarterback position and it's been a failure for two years. That's why this team is 13-12.

• Haha
He quit on Card after 6 quarters. Of course, Card looked better with more game time.

The bottom line is that his position of excellence is at the quarterback position and it's been a failure for two years. That's why this team is 13-12.
Well he’s got his guys now…I don’t disagree and I think if Quinn plays well this year (develops) the sky is the limit for this team

Going from 0 wins to 1 win is also season over season improvement. That's a very low bar.

5 - 8 - 11, I'll take that.

5-8-9...fail.
Its rational. People here want Urban or Saban level performance, and Sark is neither.

While I agree with you that it felt like he bailed too early on card… as you said, sark is the qb expert. It’s his thing. At the end of the day he didn’t really trust card or Thompson to be the guy. The expert decided the room didn’t have what he wanted.

If that’s what the expert believed then your point about development is moot.

While I agree with you that it felt like he bailed too early on card… as you said, sark is the qb expert. It’s his thing. At the end of the day he didn’t really trust card or Thompson to be the guy. The expert decided the room didn’t have what he wanted.

If that’s what the expert believed then your point about development is moot.
Let's just hope he's an expert here and this convo becomes moot in a matter of months.\

Reactions: Rickstacopy

I don’t think you can blame it all on the QB. There’s plenty of blame to go around like not catching the football, fumbling in OT and not being able to run the ball.

This year is really crucial. We either take a giant step forward or backward. And high expectations are never your friend,

5. You Got Lucky (1982)

Full of synths to make it a 100-percent 80s sounding song, which is different than most of the standout music that Petty made. Still, the vocals and moodiness of the song are tough as hell. Petty would probably disagree with me on its inclusion on the list, but it's one of my faves.

Love that you put this one in your top 5. Put me in a Petty mood too so thank you Ketch.

Btw, Won’t Back Down is also top 5 and sadly is on the outside of your 10. 😂🤷‍♂️

5. You Got Lucky (1982)

Full of synths to make it a 100-percent 80s sounding song, which is different than most of the standout music that Petty made. Still, the vocals and moodiness of the song are tough as hell. Petty would probably disagree with me on its inclusion on the list, but it's one of my faves.

Love that you put this one in your top 5. Put me in a Petty mood too so thank you Ketch.

Btw, Won’t Back Down is also top 5 and sadly is on the outside of your 10. 😂🤷‍♂️
I'm only going to be about 85 percent every week.... tops. ;)

Reactions: 362334
That is not improvement. The same regular season record and winning a shitty bowl game is terrible in year 3. 10 wins should be the minimum expectations.
We are on the same page. There is absolutely no way anyone should feel good about Sark if he loses 4 games this year. This is the most talented Texas team in years. Last year the talking point was the defense didn’t have any “playmakers”, now it’s we don’t have an edge or depth at every position. It’s always something. There are no more excuses. We’ve got the super duper blues, staff continuity, a ton of returning talent and experience, and probably the best secondary in 5-10 years. This is the year. Next year will be rough, as we lose a ton of NFL talent.

Reactions: MB-HORNS
Because Texas doesn't want to be a 3-and-out coaching carrousel that's been since Mack.
True. Continuity is huge.

It's one of the many reasons I'm so bullish on this season, three offseasons with the same coordinators (though if your coordinators are around for much longer than that, theres something wrong). I'm hoping were not sitting here in December trying to figure out what went wrong.

Sark seems so likable, I'm rooting for him extra hard.

Reactions: Mars512
I don't think we disagree on what they have. It's what they don't have that has me slightly coolish.
We have 6 to 8 NFL players on defense. Linebacker and defensive end are the only positions that could take a drop, but we have great young talent in both spots. I like our chances of marked improvement this year.

Hey @Ketchum .. not sure if I missed something but you have this team with too many super blues. 2015 says 9, but you only list 4 players?

2016 Clemson Tigers

Total number of super blue chips
: 15

2016: (4) LB Tre Lamar (6.1), LB Shaq Smith (6.1), DT Dexter Lawrence (6.1) and Cornell Powell (6.0)

2015: (9) WR Deon Cain (6.1), DT Christian Wilkins (6.1), Ath Ray Ray McCloud (6.1), LB Chad Smith (6.0) and OL Mitch Hyatt (6.0)

2014: (2) QB Deshaun Watson (6.1), and Artavis Scott )6.0)

2013: None

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT