ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (8 words from PK that ring loud...)

I had never heard of Eva Cassidy, but watched her “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” you linked, then I watched the ‘Nightline’ segment you also linked to, & now I’ve downloaded several of her songs. He voice is so powerful & comforting. Thank you for sharing her.
I am always trying to spread the goodness of Eva.

Sting loves her version of Fields of Gold.

It is said that she does his favorite cover of the song.

I don’t get the point of comparing state to state for each position. There isn’t a statistically significant amount of data points to draw a conclusion from.

I wrote a question about this possibility which you didn't include in your Buy/Sell portion.
"In fact, one person I spoke with this weekend about the offensive line believes that at some point in the second or third quarter of the season opener, we'll see the coaches rotate in a line that is exclusively comprised of the incoming freshman class."
Does this mean that you Buy it?

I was in school for the ‘83 season. I don’t remember the final stats but the defense was trying to average under 100 yds/game for both rushing and pass D. I think they ended close to those numbers

I don’t get the point of comparing state to state for each position. There isn’t a statistically significant amount of data points to draw a conclusion from.
None were really drawn. I was just curious how the two stacked up.

I wrote a question about this possibility which you didn't include in your Buy/Sell portion.
"In fact, one person I spoke with this weekend about the offensive line believes that at some point in the second or third quarter of the season opener, we'll see the coaches rotate in a line that is exclusively comprised of the incoming freshman class."
Does this mean that you Buy it?
That it could happen in week one? Sure.

I've heard that as well, but never did hear or read anything to substantiate that. For my two cents, I think it had more to do with the powers that be.
Was just curious. I know things were really strained with the fans towards the end.

He mentions everyone, so it's more like he threw everyone that could be thrown under the bus, under the bus. Definitely didn't protect the players by saying it was all him.
It won’t

He also sounded VERY lukewarm when he was asked about the linebackers.

It’s probably a good thing he only talks to the press once a year.

• Haha
Reactions: horns--21
The amazing thing about this performance is that she was sick when she gave it. It was just a few months before she died.

It breaks me every time. You can just feel ache in the song in a way that's different than anyone else I've ever heard.

@Ketchum after looking through the offer list and players committed to other teams. Im going to guess a DB?

Perhaps the thing that stands out to me the most about the 2022 Texas Longhorns as we get ready to begin a new season is that there will likely be more new faces on an offense that ranked 18th in scoring than on a defense that finished last season 99th in scoring defense.​
This is a huge point. If we don't have a pass rush (and there is no reason to believe we will have one given virtually the same faces are playing), then we'll have to outscore opponents. No edge rush or collapsing pockets means opponents racking up TD after TD, putting pressure on the offense to score on every possession in the second half. Inability to pressure opposing QBs in the B12 likely means .500 ball -- a 5-4 or a 4-5.

There is no excuse for not bringing in help from the portal. "Trying" isn't good enough. It was an imperative to get it done. PK's observations in his presser about the pass rush left me underwhelmed. For the sake of the future, I truly hope he and the defensive staff are successful in manufacturing something out of what they have on the roster. But I am highly skeptical we will see much improvement.

Reactions: marsgar
This is a huge point. If we don't have a pass rush (and there is no reason to believe we will have one given virtually the same faces are playing), then we'll have to outscore opponents. No edge rush or collapsing pockets means opponents racking up TD after TD, putting pressure on the offense to score on every possession in the second half. Inability to pressure opposing QBs in the B12 likely means .500 ball -- a 5-4 or a 4-5.

There is no excuse for not bringing in help from the portal. "Trying" isn't good enough. It was an imperative to get it done. PK's observations in his presser about the pass rush left me underwhelmed. For the sake of the future, I truly hope he and the defensive staff are successful in manufacturing something out of what they have on the roster. But I am highly skeptical we will see much improvement.

The staff has to be masters of development. Simple as that.

Reactions: Jim DeLoach
No one talked about the kicking game during the spring, but it's becoming more and more of a topic as the season approaches. "Cameron Dicker isn't walking through that door and it'd concerning," one source said.
@Ketchum Sounds like the kicking game is looking horrific this season. That’s concerning. Isn’t Will Stone (and Auburn I guess) supposed to be quite a good kicker in HS?

Sounds like the kicking game is looking horrific this season. That’s concerning. Isn’t Will Stone supposed to be quite a good kicker in HS?
He's a true freshman that has never played in front of a real crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT