ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Beyond the point of no return...)

I told someone today, the anger will turn from Herman to Del Conte. I don't believe Texas admin believes that to be the case. We'll see.
Texas administration don't have a clue!

Agree on all of it. If Texas makes a change, whoever they choose has to be a dynamic recruiter IMO or it won't work. Campbell is a damn good coach, but I don't know that he would work at Texas.
Atleast he can develop 2-3 star talent!

I think you have to call some agents of guys you think won't say yes and see if you can make them say yes - Mullen... Dabo... Kelly... kick the tires and find out who wants to be paid eight figures per year.
Anything is better than the one at the helm now.

Good grief. Level 1 means you know Urban Meyer. If you know Urban Meyer, you couldve told us he wasnt interested before Chip Brown or anyone here.

The on the field football stuff is bad enough without having to go through BS posts like this.

We should hold a virtual training session on what “Level 1” means. I have this on good authority it is needed - Level 1.

Reactions: PabloSierra
@Ketchum when you did your chat you mentioned that there was a new resolves to win big... ANd that this new poser structure had the mentality get onboard or get run over.. With the news of Herman back how does this work ? Have they caved already? was it all talk?

Did Urban really reject coaching altogether or did he perform some due diligence and discovered UT wasn't for him? I think we need to consider the latter might be at play here.
I believe he gave it serious consideration. I think at this point, Notre Dame is perhaps the only job he would consider.

@Ketchum when you did your chat you mentioned that there was a new resolves to win big... ANd that this new poser structure had the mentality get onboard or get run over.. With the news of Herman back how does this work ? Have they caved already? was it all talk?
They went hard core after Urban, but Eltife and Co. seem to be buying CDC's reservations about trying for anyone else.

An imperfect candidate + 24ish million in buyouts = slow the hell down it seems.

Reactions: batmang
So now that UM is out, @Ketchum, you get to play Search Firm for one day. What list of candidates would you send to cdc and why? And you don’t have to include Tomlin or harbaugh, etc, it needs to be as realistic as possible.
How do you feel about Matt Campbell?

They went hard core after Urban, but Eltife and Co. seem to be buying CDC's reservations about trying for anyone else.

An imperfect candidate + 24ish million in buyouts = slow the hell down it seems.

So all big talk again...... Oh well at least I finally have clarity on the Texas football program.

I dont know if you saw my post, but CTH needs to stay because Urban is still in play next year after the pandemic is gone and he reestablishes his inner juju with his Mafia this offseason. Urban isnt done coaching. Level one.
🤷‍♂️

Texas ain't gonna let itself get played twice. The optics, barring him lobbying for the position, would be a disaster.

Reactions: srl and datvideoguy
If I were a Big Money Donor I would tell CDC that I will write the buyout check for Herman after he cuts the deal with "THE COACH" whoever that is. Otherwise don't waste my money by hiring someone else that I have to buy out their contract in two or three years.

B/S: This appearing in the 10 thoughts is as honest of an assessment as they come of where UT football stands in the eyes of the fans. I’ve never seen you ask for sponsors in your column in 15 years.
Sell. I out the same note in the column a few weeks ago.

I think we're just trying to maximize advertising revenue.

Urban might be the best coach in NCAA history. If not him, then Saban.

No one could excite the base more.

Urban isn’t the best coach in NCAA history. It’s laughable that you would even suggest that he’s the best. I can get there with Saban but no metric would point to a good argument for Urban being the best

Urban isn’t the best coach in NCAA history. It’s laughable that you would even suggest that he’s the best. I can get there with Saban but no metric would point to a good argument for Urban being the best
Who is better?

Reactions: horns--21
Ha! Hey, don't dismiss that hint completely. Any chase after him would have to occur after the season.
If Clemson loses to Notre Dame in the acc championship game and knocks them out of of playoff contention do you think that could changes the odds / timeline for a possible Dabo hire. Even though it's a total longshot imo

If Clemson loses to Notre Dame in the acc championship game and knocks them out of of playoff contention do you think that could changes the odds / timeline for a possible Dabo hire. Even though it's a total longshot imo
Sure, but it's a longshot.

Shame on you for writing this and stirring the pot. This program needs continuity, not more division after the last six months. If Urban is out, we should support who we have.
1) How do we look next year with Tom at the helm? Do you reasonably expect a better record, against a B12 slate that's gonna be stronger than it was this year?

2) How do we restock our talent with the 2021 decommits, and the horrible start in a 2022 class that is loaded but not interested in UT as of now?

3) Explain to me how either of the above is in better shape - whether it be next season, or any of the 3-4 seasons after - with Tome Herman at the helm.

If you are OK throwing away several seasons of UT Football, you are no fan. So I'm going to assume this is a troll job, or you were high when you posted it.

1) How do we look next year with Tom at the helm? Do you reasonably expect a better record, against a B12 slate that's gonna be stronger than it was this year?

2) How do we restock our talent with the 2021 decommits, and the horrible start in a 2022 class that is loaded but not interested in UT as of now?

3) Explain to me how either of the above is in better shape - whether it be next season, or any of the 3-4 seasons after - with Tome Herman at the helm.

If you are OK throwing away several seasons of UT Football, you are no fan. So I'm going to assume this is a troll job, or you were high when you posted it.

1) Yes. I do. I think losing the off-season due to COVID with 7 new coaches is the sole reason we’ve underperformed this year. Continuity in the off-season will result in a better year next year, even with a new quarterback.

2) By winning next year.

3) Because by starting over yet again, we’re just setting ourselves back even further. I’d like to give Herman 1-2 more years before pressing reset again. There’s too much at stake

Reactions: boernefan and Tips5
B/S CFB writers are dying to reward Notre Dame and give Ian Book the Heisman.

1) Yes. I do. I think losing the off-season due to COVID with 7 new coaches is the sole reason we’ve underperformed this year. Continuity in the off-season will result in a better year next year, even with a new quarterback.

2) By winning next year.

3) Because by starting over yet again, we’re just setting ourselves back even further. I’d like to give Herman 1-2 more years before pressing reset again. There’s too much at stake
I disagree on all points but that's a fair response. Hope you are right.

Reactions: boernefan
This is Jackie Sherrill whips our ass on Thanksgiving in 1987 bad. Texas is on the precipice of turning into uhm just another program. Longhorn Network thanks for nothing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT