ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Beyond the point of no return...)

Couple of things.. next big thing is Harsin.. hes proven. Franklin is a great hire because Timing matters. Hes more proven than cristobal and just like when aggy snuck in and got jimbo he was coming off a losing season.

Second: CDC better have a good plan b.

What hasnt even be mentioned is what if herman comes back and assistants leave.. we going to spend more money to get him new ones?? Good luck even getting money to replace hand

Couple of things.. next big thing is Harsin.. hes proven. Franklin is a great hire because Timing matters. Hes more proven than cristobal and just like when aggy snuck in and got jimbo he was coming off a losing season.

What hasnt even be mentioned is what if herman comes back and assistants leave.. we going to spend more money to get him new ones?? Good luck even getting money to replace hand
There isn't a plan B.

I thought of Harsin as well.

Watch it. It will be Franklin.

Reactions: msphorn1616
Is that a good thing or a bad thing??

not trying to be smartass. Trying to guage your interpretation of how CDC has handled this, considering now we know their is no plan B.

The fear is that no one else will excite you, so why bother trying...

If that's the thought process fire everybody! Lol. That means this whole thing was a disaster. From not firing herman to negotiations while hes employed. CDC helped kill recruiting

Reactions: txfight
The fear is that no one else will excite you, so why bother trying...

We can learn to live with not getting Urban. We can appreciate that, for once, they actually tried.
What we cant accept is losing Urban AND the shit show of the past few months AND them turning around and sticking us with a loser we know wont work. We are also tired of being a mid tier program with blue blood money and poor leadership.

Maybe we try and fail. Maybe we learn that UT is really too far gone culturally to ever be a good program again, but we know Herman isnt the answer.

We can learn to live with not getting Urban. We can appreciate that, for once, they actually tried.
What we cant accept is losing Urban AND the shit show of the past few months AND them turning around and sticking us with a loser we know wont work. We are also tired of being a mid tier program with blue blood money and poor leadership.

Maybe we try and fail. Maybe we learn that UT is really too far gone culturally to ever be a good program again, but we know Herman isnt the answer.
Yup.

Reactions: BigGulpHorn15
I was under the impression (from one of your reports IIRC) they werent going to withhold his SEZ checks. Was I wrong or has that potentially changed?
I'm just thinking out loud. Tonight is a game-changer IMO.

I was under the impression (from one of your reports IIRC) they werent going to withhold his SEZ checks. Was I wrong or has that potentially changed?
Easy to say that when you think CDC is actually legit. It's not that urban turned us down... it's the lack of backup plans. Or the fact that he didn't fire herman earlier or defend herman earlier. He botched this massively

I’m too angry to sleep. I guess I am just going to have to be happy that I got to be at the rose bowl to watch VY work his magic because I don’t think UT will sniff another championship game in my lifetime. UT is no longer a football school. It’s not a basketball school. It’s a social justice school.

Easy to say that when you think CDC is actually legit. It's not that urban turned us down... it's the lack of backup plans. Or the fact that he didn't fire herman earlier or defend herman earlier. He botched this massively
Everything about the way CDC has handled his job during the season is hard to understand.

He basically took a tire-iron to his coach and now he's expecting everyone to forget that it happened?

I’m too angry to sleep. I guess I am just going to have to be happy that I got to be at the rose bowl to watch VY work his magic because I don’t think UT will sniff another championship game in my lifetime. UT is no longer a football school. It’s not a basketball school. It’s a social justice school.

Wasnt there but said much the same. 2005 was the peak and UT doesnt seem to care enough to ever get back there.

Reactions: 2EggMcMuffins
So now that UM is out, @Ketchum, you get to play Search Firm for one day. What list of candidates would you send to cdc and why? And you don’t have to include Tomlin or harbaugh, etc, it needs to be as realistic as possible.

Reactions: CotaF1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT