ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Beyond the point of no return...)

Texas has been operating under the optic of being scared for years.
I think Mack started it with his “scares you death”.
Texas was scared to fire Charlie.
Texas was scared not to hire Herman.
Texas was scared to put these players in there place when they made there demands.
Scared to make a decision about eyes.
Scared to tell the band to play.
Scared to kick Foster off the team.
Scared to tell players there 2nd team and not playing.
Scared to fire coach mid season.
Scared to fire a coach before doing a coaching search.
Scared to fire Shaka.
If CDC is operating out of fear? His job is pretty safe because he fits right in.

If you were a CEO at Verizon that had it made, would you leave to spend your final glory years of your career trying to save MCI, or would you stay put and try to win one more championship before you sail into the sunset?

I bet I know what Saban would do. Not that we are MCI, but we are a rebuild, nonetheless.

You may be right. But i would compare us to AT&T instead of MCI. I was thinking maybe Saban would want to try and become the only coach to win a national championship at 3 different schools.

Agree on all of it. If Texas makes a change, whoever they choose has to be a dynamic recruiter IMO or it won't work. Campbell is a damn good coach, but I don't know that he would work at Texas.
Campbell has no interest in coming here anyway.

@Ketchum lets play devils advocate

we miss out on UM(pretty much the door has closed)
We keep Herman, as we dont think theres another viable option.
Kelly leaves ND in late Jan to the NFL
UM is hired by ND

What would be your first reaction? ;)

@Ketchum lets play devils advocate

we miss out on UM(pretty much the door has closed)
We keep Herman, as we dont think theres another viable option.
Kelly leaves ND in late Jan to the NFL
UM is hired by ND

What would be your first reaction? ;)
Meyer was waiting on ND.

You are right, at least as to Shaka growing hair.

I know that. But I’m asking how you think people respond to that. How would you expect the fans and BMD’s to respond to a hire like Campbell or fleck?
Maybe so. I don’t think people would come around on that until we start winning. It seems to me like with the exception of urban somehow happening, the stadium won’t be too full to start next year

Fair point. But the last two can't-miss coaches out of the G5 – Herman & Frost – have both proven that there's a big difference between succeeding in tier-two vs. proving yourself in the P5, which Campbell has done in a stunning way at a highly unlikely program.

In a “stunning way”?? What has he actually done yet? If he beats ou a 2nd time in a season to win the conference, then he’s done something stunning.

I opted in this year because I thought we would be good. Im an idiot. Im done. Im getting out of Longhorn athletics. Im also not donating for scholarships. The handling of the Eyes of Texas is the main reason. Tom Herman is secondary. Im just tired of investing money and getting no return. Yet, I still bleed orange. Hook em

Reactions: DanielSucks
If we end up getting Meyer then everything is OK, or someone of equal stature (like someone from the NFL.)

Any other result is an unmitigated disaster by CDC. He should have known 2 days after the EOT/OU debacle if Meyer would be willing to come to Austin, not after he’s already hung Herman out to dry. That some READY, SHOOT, AIM kind of shit.

I agree Herman has to go now, especially after CDC’s silent treatment and rumor mill creation frenzy. But in this crazy, COVID, cash strapped year, if he’d have supported Herman when Meyer didn’t light up at the prospect of coming to Austin - when CDC should have inquired in October, then we could have kept Herman. Which would be the right move, especially if we end up 8-3.

But now, after apparently whiffing on two straight up and coming coaches, we are in a position to go for the threepeat.

Unless he has a rabbit in his hat, CDC really, really screwed this up. I really hope there’s a rabbit lurking.

Reactions: Harold_1221
Too early to say, but very possible 2.0.
9e3409f358c9cec06061c1ec76d86d47.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ben3490
ADVERTISEMENT