ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Blue vs. Baxter... it's kind of a thing)

Great write-up as usual. We're seeing the same thing, give me Blue >> Baxter, just much more speed, better balance, better vision and better pass-catching.

But 7'4" Edey vs 7'2" Clingan, John Wooden's alma mater in first national championship since 1969 and a well known basketball school from Indiana vs a Danny "ass on fire" Hurley UConn team going for back-to-back championships is not better? Totally disagree. Very excited for tomorrow night!
I'm just into the two women's teams more.

• Love
Reactions: marinehorn
Nice Blue/Baxter stuff and I’m a Blue guy although I’m also an Al Davis “just win baby,” guy but you didn’t mention the Blue fumble in the Washington game that was every bit as costly as Baxter.
True. I didn't mention it because Washington didn't get points directly from it, but that's fair.

Reactions: Hookempop
Imo, Blue is not the starter so that CJ Baxter remains a Texas Longhorn past the month of April 2024. No other reason makes sense.
jensen-ackles-pointing.gif

I think this explains all his moves with Baxter to this point. Sark wants to prove he will play talented 5⭐️s early to send a message to recruits.

Not who starts. Who plays the most and gets the most opportunities to impact the game. This was Ketch’s main topic in this thread.

and Sark will determine that game by game and by situation within the game. your Baxter vs. Blue comment makes it sound like Sark's spring practices are nothing more that a brawl for playing time. not so. compete yes but not cause rifts between players by needlessly making them enemies.

Reactions: boernefan
and Sark will determine that game by game and by situation within the game. your Baxter vs. Blue comment makes it sound like Sark's spring practices are nothing more that a brawl for playing time. not so. compete yes but not cause rifts between players by needlessly making them enemies.
No idea what you’re talking about.

Why would I want a rift between players and where did I even allude to that?

You blaming ketch for the same thing?

Reactions: marinehorn
Go listen to the 3rd & Longhorn podcast on YouTube with Jaydon Blue. He was asked about not CJ starting over him. He said" CJ is a dog and one of my best friends..we compliment each other in the backfield" he said the whole RB room are all really close. I don't think they're causing them to be enemies one bit. Blue knows it's his time and he will get a lot of touches and take advantage of every opportunity he gets.

I'm just into the two women's teams more.
To each, his own my friend.

I watched the Iowa-LSU women's tournament game too. While the drama between LSU (Mulkey and Reese) vs Clark was compelling enough for me twatune in for the 2nd half of the game, the play didn't inspire WOW vs what I look forward to on Monday night for Purdue/UConn.

No idea what you’re talking about.

Why would I want a rift between players and where did I even allude to that?

You blaming ketch for the same thing?

of course you don't. probably never will either

Go listen to the 3rd & Longhorn podcast on YouTube with Jaydon Blue. He was asked about not CJ starting over him. He said" CJ is a dog and one of my best friends..we compliment each other in the backfield" he said the whole RB room are all really close. I don't think they're causing them to be enemies one bit. Blue knows it's his time and he will get a lot of touches and take advantage of every opportunity he gets.

which proves the op's post of "Baxter vs. Blue" is nonsense

Last edited:
They definitely are boys.

Reactions: KoolMoD
I never thought Baxter was anything but serviceable. Blue is a special kind of player. Hell, he might be the fastest RB in the country. Sark needs to find a way to get him 15+ touches a game whether that’s running or passing.

I never thought Baxter was anything but serviceable. Blue is a special kind of player. Hell, he might be the fastest RB in the country. Sark needs to find a way to get him 15+ touches a game whether that’s running or passing.
He posted the fastest time of any RB in the nation last year.

Reactions: jgreene_machine

Yeah I agree with you , What about baxters game is actually 5 star level?

I think he’s a great guy and an overall solid player. But I just don’t get quite get how he was quite rated as a true elite level player? Does he have any truly special traits as an RB?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT