ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Chris Beard is a bad man...)

Yet, let me just say this once for the record and I'll move on from it. The Longhorns might have the right guy in place and this coaching staff might very well lead this program to a Big 12 championship, but it also may take more time to get there than anyone on Orangebloods wants to think about.

It might take two years before this program is ready to compete for a conference title and it might be a couple of classes away before it has the momentum needed on the field to overcome 10 years of slop.
Bull.

If the fat sweaty man in Fort Worth, Matt Rhule, and Matt Campbel can take TCU, Baylor and Iowa State to the Big 12 championship with a bunch of nobodies, then we’ve done something wrong if Sark and this coaching staff can’t take Texas there.

Buy) I’m not sure why this keeps coming up as an issue. It's not like Texas folks are obsessed about it. Ultimately, it's not a big deal, though

Somehow the Phillies are two games out of first place.

1) Bohls seems to be the only one that cares. Not sure why he doesn’t retire.

2) watching the Phillies has been fun to watch. Maton and Miller hitting crucial homers while their family was in the stands was awesome.

I see absolutely no reason to think that your comments about the football team being years away is correct. I expect an apology column to the coaches and the players at the end of next season.
Texas will shock the nation this season.

Last edited:
I like the pre Injury Willis McGhee Comp…..I think Robinson has more hip flex which allows him to make on the Dime Cuts that Willis couldn’t make even before the Knee was Imploded by oHSt

@Ketchum I thought your No. 3 was really well written and spot on in terms of realistic expectations. I certainly hope we exceed expectations but most likely this will take some time. I mean, OU has won "6" conference championships in a row! How many years do we have to go back until we total 6 period. The fact that we consistently recruit anywhere near teams with that track record is testament to our brand and national appeal. It is what makes us great but also a bit delusional at times. Either way, I love being part of this ride and will never jump off. Hook 'em!

Only two? OK two of FB, BsktBall, BaseBall. But what about those other Longhorn teams that were either winners or runnerups. Or waay close. Hook'em. By the way, Ketch, don't put me in the group that only counts the TOP 3 Longhorn Teams as the only ones that are important. :>)

Beard's roster is very upper class laden. I see that as somewhat of a problem for continuity.
Most elite programs (those that recruit at the highest level) struggle with this. It’s a good problem to have. This year will be unique because our “one & dones” aren’t Freshmen. They are players that have proven that they can get it done in college @ a high level.

Reactions: TexEx75
Do I need to take the Yellowstone plunge? I’ll be honest, I haven’t given it much consideration.
It’s a soap opera that will make you laugh out loud at least once per episode at how ridiculous it is. Like any good soap, it draws you in and compels you to keep watching it despite (or maybe because of) it’s absurdity.

Reactions: Hornsfan77
Flame away for what…reality? The overconfidence and delusional thinking and expectations have got to stop.
Who has more talent in the Big 12 than Texas? Good coaching is supposed to maximize your roster’s potential. Did we hire a great coaching staff or not? It’s not delusional to expect that. It’s the reason we made the change.

Reactions: curtdiggidy
Beard's roster is very upper class laden. I see that as somewhat of a problem for continuity.

Beard has done a fantastic job of building a decimated roster to a national level contender with proven talent and yet somehow he has messed up…

OB got to OB….

I will keep saying this, all off season. It matters less what the win-loss result is than it matters how we get there. If we lose a few games, but do it playing a fun, balls-out style of attacking football on both offense and defense, I believe we'll see a significant uptick in recruiting. I am firmly convinced that the gutless brand of turtle ball that we've seen for the past few years has more to do with kids going elsewhere than the actual losses.

This ties in with the Herman defenders talking about how we were "a few possessions away from undefeated." Those games were miserable to watch, poorly coached, and just never looked fun at all. If I'm a recruit, I wouldn't have wanted to play for Herman. I think I'd love to play for Sarkisian, but I want to see him walk the walk before I'm completely sold.
Somewhere along the way, there needs to be something that stands as a "moment".

Sark needs a moment IMO.

Do I need to take the Yellowstone plunge? I’ll be honest, I haven’t given it much consideration.
It's like a good action movie in the summer. Yes, some of it is contrived, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Reactions: darrenj
ADVERTISEMENT