Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Chris Beard is a bad man...)

Harambe85

What a time to be alive.
Silver Member
Jan 28, 2008
If Mack could have had it to do all over again, who would he hire instead of Chambers from the HS world?
DO you think they’ll ever move Chris Gilbert on the field? Based on that Athletic article it already sound so like he’s a very key piece of personnel for Sark.

Harambe85

What a time to be alive.
Silver Member
Jan 28, 2008
who rushes the passer for this team?
That’s been my biggest concern, Ovie I hope. Sam I feel like really regressed, your QBR stats you post didn’t point to a plus player. He would periodically catch fire and will us to the line but as a pure qb, it didn’t look good at times.

Last edited:

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
That’s been my biggest concern, Ovie I hope. Sam I feel like really regressed, your QBR stats you post don’t need point to a plus player. He would periodically catch fire and will us to the line but as a pure qb, it didn’t look good at times.
No doubt.

Reactions: DKinnamon

Jamaicashane

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2013
Houston
No. 9 - Top 10 Best Endings in any movie ...

Surely not, right? But, what movies could take it down?
Good write up, but you missed out on 3 impactful movies with surprise endings:
1) Crying Game
2) One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest
3) The Matrix

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Good write up, but you missed out on 3 impactful movies with surprise endings:
1) Crying Game
2) One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest
3) The Matrix

The Martrix? I'm going to need to think about that one.

Agree on B.

Buda Horn

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2004
Pflugerville, TX
Kris Middleton is on the verge of being a made man. Can't say I completely saw this one coming.

You may not remember this, but I remember in the summer of 2015, Danny Green signed a 4 year $40M contract and the same summer Middleton signed a 4 year $58M contract, and we had a debate on whether or not Middleton was anymore valuable of a player than Green. Of course, at the time, Danny Green was an all-NBA defensive level player, he had set an NBA record for 3's made in the NBA finals, and he had started for an NBA champion, while Middleton was averaging 13 ppg and 2 apg for a mediocre Bucks team.

Even though Green has now started on a total of 3 different championship winning teams, Middleton has turned the debate into a complete joke with the player he has become since 2015.

Troyboy8ball

Gold Member
Nov 11, 2006
Really good "great ending" recommendations on this thread. A couple others that may be off the radar of some of you guys are A Perfect Getaway (Steve Zahn, Milla Jovovich), The Autopsy of Jane Doe, and Frailty (Bill Paxton, McConaughey)...

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
You may not remember this, but I remember in the summer of 2015, Danny Green signed a 4 year $40M contract and the same summer Middleton signed a 4 year $58M contract, and we had a debate on whether or not Middleton was anymore valuable of a player than Green. Of course, at the time, Danny Green was an all-NBA defensive level player, he had set an NBA record for 3's made in the NBA finals, and he had started for an NBA champion, while Middleton was averaging 13 ppg and 2 apg for a mediocre Bucks team.

Even though Green has now started on a total of 3 different championship winning teams, Middleton has turned the debate into a complete joke with the player he has become since 2015.
a. I don't recall that.

b. I've always liked Middleton, but he's on another level. Full credit to him.

HkmTxsLnghrns

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2004
Never seen it!
Check it out if you can find it. I thi8nk it is on Amazon Prime video.

Audrey Hepburn nominated for Best Actress. #10 on Bravo's "100 Scariest Movies." But not scary in a ghoulish way. It's suspenseful.

Won't make your "best ever" list but worth seeing. I loved Arkin's performance.

Reactions: txsfight

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Check it out if you can find it. I thi8nk it is on Amazon Prime video.

Audrey Hepburn nominated for Best Actress. #10 on Bravo's "100 Scariest Movies." But not scary in a ghoulish way. It's suspenseful.

Won't make your "best ever" list but worth seeing. I loved Arkin's performance.

I'm in.

jspirohorn

Gold Member
Aug 7, 2003
Houston, TX
(Sell) I'm not buying that Schooler is going to have a bigger impact than Foster, but I'm not sure either will have sizable impacts.
Pretty tough when your can't say your starting safeties will have a sizeable impact and rush end is a total question mark. Can Suchomel pass rush and can Alex cover?

SkullSplitter

Carpe the Hell Out of This Diem
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2010
Yet, let me just say this once for the record and I'll move on from it. The Longhorns might have the right guy in place and this coaching staff might very well lead this program to a Big 12 championship, but it also may take more time to get there than anyone on Orangebloods wants to think about.

It might take two years before this program is ready to compete for a conference title and it might be a couple of classes away before it has the momentum needed on the field to overcome 10 years of slop.

Flame away.
I've enjoyed all the optimism around here this year, but I'm also glad to see reality is starting to set in again. Too many fans still don't appreciate just how big a wreck Herman and other leaders created over the past few years. It's going to take time to fix that.

8-9 wins and finishing 3rd in the B12 is the most anyone should expect of this year's team; anything else is a bonus. What's most critical is that by December it's crystal-clear that significant progress is being made on both sides of the ball. That's what will draw the attention of elite recruits.

And I agree that the unfavorable comparisons to Beard are absurd. Beard took a back-bench team to the national title game; he has instant credibility. And even then, fans should temper expectations as he implements his system over the first season. This will take time too.

TexasRed1144

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2016
No coach aside from Mack has won anything of real value at a school if he has not won a conf title by years 3's end. Or maybe its a national title, I don't remember. Thats why there is no time to wait to "build up" if you really want to challenge the bama, osu and Clemsons of the world.

RCPERK2

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2021
Can't imagine that QBR won't tell the story of this season. Even more than yards per carry for Bijon. I think Casey will look better than Sam did last year.

TexEx75

Gold Member
Jun 30, 2001
Beard has done a fantastic job of building a decimated roster to a national level contender with proven talent and yet somehow he has messed up…

OB got to OB….
I didn't say that he messed up. Overreact much? OB, right? LOL

HkmTxsLnghrns

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2004
I remember hearing Everyone in the theater scream at That moment. I don't think any movie before or since scared me like that one.
Mrs. T-Sipper 1972

I've seen the movie like 5-7 times and I still jump at the scene you reference.

Don't let on as some here may watch it and wouldn't want to spoil it.

Reactions: T-Sipper 1972

k2lwalsh

Ask me about Wounded Warriors
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2005
Round Rock
... Kris Middleton is on the verge of being a made man. Can't say I completely saw this one coming.
If he's close to being a made man, show the man a little love when writing his name! As a fellow Khris, we get tired of seeing Kris. I know a Geoff can understand. 😉

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
I've enjoyed all the optimism around here this year, but I'm also glad to see reality is starting to set in again. Too many fans still don't appreciate just how big a wreck Herman and other leaders created over the past few years. It's going to take time to fix that.

8-9 wins and finishing 3rd in the B12 is the most anyone should expect of this year's team; anything else is a bonus. What's most critical is that by December it's crystal-clear that significant progress is being made on both sides of the ball. That's what will draw the attention of elite recruits.

And I agree that the unfavorable comparisons to Beard are absurd. Beard took a back-bench team to the national title game; he has instant credibility. And even then, fans should temper expectations as he implements his system over the first season. This will take time too.
always good to read your posts.