ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Coaching update, Sam's meeting with Tom and more...)

(Sell) I'm not convinced of that just yet, but I'm open-minded.

As the biggest Matt Coleman fan on the board, I can maybe agree. Not fully convinced but maybe a little moreso? He's got some things he'll need to overcome. that being said, he's the ultimate pro and will put in whatever work it takes.

Reactions: Tips5
Maneater has been a favorite of mine since I was five, but there's no denying Sara Smile's greatness. It just took me a while to get there.

"A while?" that's a bit of a head shaker. But I can fully understand given your age, how Maneater resonates with you.

I’m so tired if the “change for sake of change“ mantra. The bottom line is you have a coach you KNOW can’t get it done. Anything you get is an upgrade because you at least have hope. You would be making a change to discontinue your chances of success being 0.0%.

Yep.

Impressed you had a Hall and Oates list. IMO, Maneater is a bit high for my taste. Understand it was a massive hit but give me She's Gone every day over Maneater. Kiss On My List also (too low). BTW, have you ever done a Bee Gees list? If you haven't seen their documentary (How can you mend a broken heart) currently on HBO then you should run.
Maneater was one of my first favorite songs when I was a small kid. It has a very personal place in my heart.

Reactions: RLong68
Put me in the camp of not making a coaching change unless it’s a definite upgrade. Heck, I’m still waiting for an upgrade from Mack Brown.

Reactions: SR60 and Alamo20
I don't believe he's hell bent on bringing him back. I do believe he doesn't want to set fire to a bunch of money without what he believes is a clear upgrade.

They don't have a great relationship at all right now. His undermining of Herman has hurt Herman. bringing him back now is a reflection of poor preparation and chess playing over the last few months.

this is the same thing that @Her costar in the beaver picture used to explain great about Shaka. The money is ALREADY burned. I mean, Herm's getting that last $15-$20m (whatever) REGARDLESS. And whether it's NOW or later, a new HC is going to require a significant contract. SO, we can either swallow the money NOW, and try to get right this listing ship, or continue damaging the brand which COSTS us UNREALIZED amounts of money.

this is the same thing that @Her costar in the beaver picture used to explain great about Shaka. The money is ALREADY burned. I mean, Herm's getting that last $15-$20m (whatever) REGARDLESS. And whether it's NOW or later, a new HC is going to require a significant contract. SO, we can either swallow the money NOW, and try to get right this listing ship, or continue damaging the brand which COSTS us UNREALIZED amounts of money.
Hey, I'm #teamchange. You don't have to convince me.

I’m so tired if the “change for sake of change“ mantra. The bottom line is you have a coach you KNOW can’t get it done. Anything you get is an upgrade because you at least have hope. You would be making a change to discontinue your chances of success being 0.0%.
That's simply not true. You might gain "hope" (to make fans feel better on the inside), but hope doesn't guarantee that the results on the field are an upgrade. They certainly weren't with Strong replacing Mack.

c. Texas' juice ain't what it was 10 years ago.

I wonder if the stupid amount of money damn near EVERY P5 HC makes is a restriction. I mean, 20 years ago if you wanted to get paid, a HC simply couldn't pass up one of the few programs big enough to scratch such checks. Sh*t, today a guy like Jeff Brohm gets $5m to coach PURDUE.

College sports have had dirt all over them. Even back in 2005.

Winning makes you ignore it.
I’m not talking about the purity of the sport. I’m just of the opinion that what made college sports unique is dying, which will eventually erode the passion of fanbases, which will eventually kill the golden goose.

Conference realignment, the playoff and the player empowerment movement have all chipped away at the foundation of the sport, and it will only continue to worsen.

College football needs a market correction in a major way.

What's interesting about She's Gone is that it only reach #60 on the U.S. Charts initially in '73. Re-released 3 years later, it peaked at #7.

Easy to say if it’s not your money.

Reactions: HkmTxsLnghrns
It's not CDC's money either. Just reading tree leaves, if the BMDs are ready for a change and the money is there, then not sure what CDC's issue is.
Rich BMDs didn’t get rich loosely spending their money. They pay for quality. If UM is available you give a blank check. Not so much for a lower tier coach.

Reactions: harrylime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT