ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Evaluating Herman's first (almost) 500 days...)

Kenyon Green
Tyler Johnson
E.J. Ndoma-Ogar
Branson Bragg
Jovonne Shepherd

One really good OL doesn't get it done, with all due respect to DeMarvin Leal and Marcus Stripling. Five really good OL gets it done, though Texas should bring in six, going OOS as needed.
Those defensive linemen are just as important.

I agree with this reasoning and will add one more - +63 goal differential. Seriously - they win by an average of over 2 goals per game. And football is not just offense... although I agree Salah has some impressive offensive numbers. However, MNC has scored 16 more goals while giving up 12 fewer and De Bruyne is the engine that drives that team. Seriously his play making and defensive coverage are sublime and seeing a team in the EPL secure 78 of 87 possible points so far is incredible. Give me the clear best player on clearly the best team every day... and I'm a Spurs fan and a huge Kane supporter, but this year winning the Gold Boot won't win player of the year.
You're giving him the best player on the best team award. Salah has been the best player in England this year.

Sandra Locke playing the part of Gus Malley kills it in The Gauntlet as a highly intelligent smart mouth prostitute If you can shut down part of your brain the unbelievable parts won't even matter and the movie is a ton of fun to watch.

It's all shits and giggles until somebody giggles and shits.
Thriller, best selling album of all time with 60 million copies sold world wide
Purple Rain, 25 million copies sold world wide

The King of Pop - 23 Guinness world records, 40 Billboard Awards, 13 Grammys and 26 AMA awards, 18 MTV VMA awards
The Purple One - 32 total awards won, including winning 3 Golden Raspberry awards for worst actor, director and worst original song for Under The Cherry Moon He also received Golden Raspberry nominations for Under The Cherry Moon and Graffiti Bridge for worst actor of the decade, worst new star of the decade, worst actor, worst director, worst screenplay and worst actor of the century.
Yes, Thriller is the highest-selling album of all-time. Indeed.

Grinding Nemo. Wow.

As for going for it on 4th down, I too like the aggression, but those decisions need to make
situational sense. If you're 4th and 2, and you've already converted a couple of 3d and 2 earlier
in the game, then you have some history on your side. Or if you have a play that's worked reliably
in that game. But if it's a miscalculated piece of guesswork, then it becomes cavalier and ill-advised.

In reality, it should have taken you a while to find the picture of Herman giving out pizza with the above average looking co-ed. I’m guessing you knew exactly where it was though.
Actually,Anwar found it for me in 3 seconds.;)

Grinding Nemo. Wow.

As for going for it on 4th down, I too like the aggression, but those decisions need to make
situational sense. If you're 4th and 2, and you've already converted a couple of 3d and 2 earlier
in the game, then you have some history on your side. Or if you have a play that's worked reliably
in that game. But if it's a miscalculated piece of guesswork, then it becomes cavalier and ill-advised.
Herman always hits on 16.

Reactions: NativeTex
BUY or SELL: Is Sandra Locke the worst actress ever to have at least 10 films to her credit?

(Sell) How dare you say such a thing about the woman who gave us Lynn Halsey Taylor.
Not re-posting the video. Ketch, some of the youngs out here had probably never seen that catastrophe of a film. Inflicting that video on them may qualify as a crime against humanity.

Let's hear the argument.

I would offer that When Doves Cry and Billie Jean cancel each other out. So does "The Beautiful Ones and PYT.

Give me Darling Nikki over Human Nature.

Purple Rain the song smashes Thriller.

Let's Go Crazy stands taller than Beat It.

I haven't even mentioned I Would Die For You or Computer Blue. One banger after another.

Computer Blue is not a good song... it benefitted being between Daring Nikki and something else that was good (sorry, can’t remember) during the cassette tape days, where skipping a song required effort...

You're giving him the best player on the best team award. Salah has been the best player in England this year.
I disagree and will be curious to see how the vote goes. MNC is having an incredible year and leads in both defense and offense in large, large part to DB. If I'm starting a team, I take him first. Salah fits what Klopp likes but is a one way player... albeit very good.

Not re-posting the video. Ketch, some of the youngs out here had probably never seen that catastrophe of a film. Inflicting that video on them may qualify as a crime against humanity.
You hush your mouth!

BTW, they did not treat Clyde well in the making of that movie.:(

I disagree and will be curious to see how the vote goes. MNC is having an incredible year and leads in both defense and offense in large, large part to DB. If I'm starting a team, I take him first. Salah fits what Klopp likes but is a one way player... albeit very good.
Klopp doesn't really have one-way players. They all work hard on both ends.

Furthermore, I love KDB. He's one of my favorite players. He's having a great season.

I believe Salah is having a special season.

Klopp doesn't really have one-way players. They all work hard on both ends.

Furthermore, I love KDB. He's one of my favorite players. He's having a great season.

I believe Salah is having a special season.
Which is just an average season for Kane. ;-) I think Salah finishes second and Kane third. I just think MNC is having an even more special season - hell one for the ages. I get your take, just don't think the vote will go that way.

Which is just an average season for Kane. ;-) I think Salah finishes second and Kane third. I just think MNC is having an even more special season - hell one for the ages. I get your take, just don't think the vote will go that way.
It's certainly possible that you'll end up being right.

Kimmel is a pissant with a platform. His views are 100% biased...and therefore worthless... and he just needs to keep them to himself during events like this. It's his ilk who have ruined the Oscar's ratings with their political diarrhea.

Hook'em
Biased? I thought he played it straight down the middle last night.

Ketch, awesome read! I also agree with you about Herman not settling for 3 inside the 10. Love his aggressiveness!

Purple Raib puts the boots to Thriller every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Biased? I thought he played it straight down the middle last night.
Well, 100% of his political jokes were aimed at one side of the political spectrum. It was quite obvious what his bias was. My point is you can be biased in your personal everyday life (including his late night show). I have no problem with that. Just leave it out of the freaking Oscar's. It just ruins them for a large mainstream majority of the country. Again, the Oscar's recent ratings reflect this.

Hook'em

Well, 100% of his political jokes were aimed at one side of the political spectrum. It was quite obvious what his bias was. My point is you can be biased in your personal everyday life (including his late night show). I have no problem with that. Just leave it out of the freaking Oscar's. It just ruins them for a large mainstream majority of the country. Again, the Oscar's recent ratings reflect this.

Hook'em
I was kidding.

Let's hear the argument.

I would offer that When Doves Cry and Billie Jean cancel each other out. So does "The Beautiful Ones and PYT.

Give me Darling Nikki over Human Nature.

Purple Rain the song smashes Thriller.

Let's Go Crazy stands taller than Beat It.

I haven't even mentioned I Would Die For You or Computer Blue. One banger after another.

Human Nature trounces Darling Nikki. Your diet has your body consuming brain cells on that call.

Human Nature trounces Darling Nikki. Your diet has your body consuming brain cells on that call.
Human Nature is a wonderful pop song. Darling Nikki is perhaps the best sexy/raunchy song ever created.

Those defensive linemen are just as important.

Clearly I disagree on that point. It hasn't been (the lack of) D Linemen that kept Texas in the land of suck for ~ 12 years.

For the record, the way you rate QBs as Job 1, I rate QB and OL as coequal Job 1. Without OL, you really never have a successful QB, notwithstanding Colt McCoy's ability to get rid of the ball in .5 seconds. No other QB has ever managed the feat, and none will (and it was still the limiting factor on Colt's teams). It's a stupid idea to even try, IMO, and was born of necessity, not strategy or anything like being optimum football.

No offense intended by my comments. Again for the record, I rank DL just behind OL in importance, so it's not like we have a complete disagreement. We have near-agreement. :)

(And where you can get by with a semi-cohesive or accomplished D-Line overall, an OL has to be successful as a group; 1 weak link can spoil the entire play of the unit, even when it's a different player each play).

Last edited:
Reactions: txfight
ADVERTISEMENT