ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ewers to run it back in 2024?)

I think they have an understanding that the leap from Class 2A in La. to the high major level takes some time. With five years to play four, they have time on their side.
Why/how has the national media missed the mark so badly on the Arch development track? As illustrated in just that one snippet, the Manning’s have repeatedly had the same message that you all have communicated to us.

Reactions: boernefan
I'm trying to keep everything in perspective...
If we made a line chart for both sides of the ball from year 1 to now, the line would show steady improvement overall, year after year. Our record each year also backs that improvement up. 5-7, 8-5, and then 10 or more wins this year.
Year 1 we lost a bunch of games we should not have, year 2 we won some of those games we lost in year 1, and then this year we are barely winning all but one of those game we lost the first 2 years.
That's just where we are in the program.

We do have some puzzling issues as a team though... We are a pretty veteran team, so it's hard to imagine that a younger team next year will Improve in some of the areas that veteran team should have been able to fix.
When it's all said and done, it's now week 11. We are who we are, its not going to change.
There's a reason after BYU I sent in a superchat saying that I thought all of the rest of our games would be late fourth quarter game. No one agreed with me on that.
Get ready, ISU will be a late fourth quarter game and then so will Tech. I actually think we drop one of the next two, we can't keep getting lucky in these 50/50 games forever.

Jay Lee

Reactions: Ketchum
Kansas missed a huge opportunity. If they beat Tech the would probably be sitting at number 12 in the country. That lost knocked them out of the top 25. The Big XII sucks. Should have Texas #7, Kansas #12, Oklahoma State #13, Oklahoma #14 KSU #23

I don't think Arch will leave--he didn't come here to transfer. And Ewers coming back makes this team much better heading into the SEC. Great scenario for Texas.

Reactions: horns--21
I mean, you only had to go back THIRTY FIVE years to come up with an example. That could be a clue
Aren't you the sharpster. I went to grad school at The U, so Bratton's example came quickly to mind. I'm sure there are more if we researched it a bit.

It was also a 3-way tie, which makes it a different situation. I am not predicting one way or another what would happen if it comes down to Texas/Bama, but they are not apples to apples comparisons.
Yes, but it still came down to putting one team over the other and it was ignored.

Aren't you the sharpster. I went to grad school at The U, so Bratton's example came quickly to mind. I'm sure there are more if we researched it a bit.

Returning from ACL injury 35 years ago isn’t really remotely the same as today. That was the point.

Last edited:
I’m just tired of sucking and want years of dominance.

Making my assumption based on fickle kids and their handlers, none of which the Manning family has demonstrated.
Yes, years of dominance is the best thing--I'll take this all day, every day.

Returning from ACL injury 35 years ago is really remotely the same as today. That was the point.
It was more about you can be a first round draft choice today and have no future the next day. That travels 35 years.

Losing Brooks pretty much kills our ability to probably beat any of the top CFP teams if somehow we make it in.

But if we can still win the Big12, and end the season with a 11 or 12 wins, it will be a great great season.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
Which just goes to show that the biggest determining factor in close games is luck and that over the long haul, you can expect to go about 50/50 in close games.

We had bad breaks in close games last year and the year before and have had mostly good breaks this year.
I’ve been thinking the exact same thing the last couple of weeks.

Glad to see Lamarr Houston get some love, @Ketchum

I remember a national reporter giving us no chance in the NC game vs Bama, and he asked someone on The Horn who we had to compare to Mount Cody. The Horn host replied Lamarr Houston. The national guy didn’t know who that was.

I'm trying to keep everything in perspective...
If we made a line chart for both sides of the ball from year 1 to now, the line would show steady improvement overall, year after year. Our record each year also backs that improvement up. 5-7, 8-5, and then 10 or more wins this year.
Year 1 we lost a bunch of games we should not have, year 2 we won some of those games we lost in year 1, and then this year we are barely winning all but one of those game we lost the first 2 years.
That's just where we are in the program.

We do have some puzzling issues as a team though... We are a pretty veteran team, so it's hard to imagine that a younger team next year will Improve in some of the areas that veteran team should have been able to fix.
When it's all said and done, it's now week 11. We are who we are, its not going to change.
There's a reason after BYU I sent in a superchat saying that I thought all of the rest of our games would be late fourth quarter game. No one agreed with me on that.
Get ready, ISU will be a late fourth quarter game and then so will Tech. I actually think we drop one of the next two, we can't keep getting lucky in these 50/50 games forever.

Jay Lee
good stuff

Kansas missed a huge opportunity. If they beat Tech the would probably be sitting at number 12 in the country. That lost knocked them out of the top 25. The Big XII sucks. Should have Texas #7, Kansas #12, Oklahoma State #13, Oklahoma #14 KSU #23
Should is a fascinating word that is about as subjective as it gets.

Glad to see Lamarr Houston get some love, @Ketchum

I remember a national reporter giving us no chance in the NC game vs Bama, and he asked someone on The Horn who we had to compare to Mount Cody. The Horn host replied Lamarr Houston. The national guy didn’t know who that was.

Houston was really underrated.

Reactions: acush
The second century began with AD 101 and continued through AD 200. By extrapolation, the 20th century comprises the years AD 1901-2000. Therefore, the 21st century began on 1 January 2001 and will continue through 31 December 2100.
Damn Ketch, You did Awesome!

Why/how has the national media missed the mark so badly on the Arch development track? As illustrated in just that one snippet, the Manning’s have repeatedly had the same message that you all have communicated to us.
Because it is easy/lazy click bait.

Saying the quiet thing out loud. One of those feels MUCH closer to dominance on the field than the other.
True, but you never know when the switch might flip for a talented QB. I am pretty sure nobody saw 2008 Colt coming based on what we saw in 06/07.

I called QE coming back before the season even started and got laughed at.

Guess we will see how it plays out. He’s made excellent strides this year but still needs one more IMO to be a top 3-5 QB. He will be after next year no question.
Ewers is going to have to convince NFL teams that he is durable enough to handle the pro game. He needs an injury-free season as well as showing progress if he wants to be one of the top QBs taken after next year.

True, but you never know when the switch might flip for a talented QB. I am pretty sure nobody saw 2008 Colt coming based on what we saw in 06/07.

Colt was real dang good in ‘06. And only relative to ‘06 was ‘07 disappointing

Would be interesting to know if the Ewers scuttlebutt is actually from his family or just staff trying to put 2 + 2 together thinking “well, he’s not a top 5 QB so surely he’ll return.”

In the last 5 drafts, an average of seven QBs per year have been drafted before the end of round 4.
Yeah, I’m not buying it yet. Since his junior year in HS he and his entourage have been solely focused on getting to the NFL as quickly as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT