Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Have you heard who I hate?)

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
How do you leave the 2009-2010 season off the top 10 list? Sure the season ended in very disappointing fashion, but a 17-0 start and the only #1 ranking in the polls in school history has to count for something, right?

If the 06-07 team makes the list for climbing to #3 in the rankings before collapsing, shouldn't the 09-10 team make the list for climbing to #1 in the rankings before collapsing?
Team finished 6th in the conference and unranked.

McGuapo

McGuapo only kills men, not crying women!
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2007
I'll go on record now saying Ewers has a much better college career than Murphy. I'd take Ewers all day over Murphy. Easy decision

While I'm glad Texas got Murphy, it's more due to the momentum thing and nothing more. I don't believe he does bigtime things at the college level in terms individual stats or wins. I'll duck now.

Biggest thing for Texas is to keep going after the top talent. Texas is in great shape at the QB spot as long as they can keep Card on campus. But they need to keep adding talent. So far, so good.
I’m kind of here too. Probably because we just haven’t seen him play and build an actual football resume outside of underwear. Ketch’s breakdown of Cali QBs certainly didn’t help either. Yikes. However, I will hope that a. We see an actual breakthrough season from MM this year and b. Sark has the touch he’s had with others with MM. I also agree that he should be surrounded with talent both above and below him in the room to ensure success.

Reactions: El Mahico

Hoodys Subs Zilker Trains

Semi-known, Well-liked Member
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2012
I don't think I have ever seen anyone say that Stafford can consistently make any kind of throw with accuracy. His arm strength makes up for a lot, but the lack of consistency is what has prevented him from being elite.
Aaron Rogers disagrees. He recently shared his high opinion on Stafford's accuracy in rebuttal to conversations about Mahomes' accuracy and no look throw ability. I think accuracy and consistency are two different arguments.

McGuapo

McGuapo only kills men, not crying women!
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2007
Also, noted that @Ketchum never misses an opportunity to boner over Aaron Rodgers. ;)

Also, laughed @RLong68 saying “he could make a strong argument”. You could make an argument about anything. Haha. It’s what makes you and Ketch such great foils. Y’all could never be in the same room, because y’all would be stuck there forever.

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum and RLong68

HookedOnUT1

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2005
I'm not closed-minded to the thought. I gave some credence. to winning conference championships at the top of the list.
That’s fair. I was also associated with the ‘02-‘03 team and was not for the other, so I admit my own personal bias there. 😁

Reactions: Ketchum

Orangeblood1987

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2018
a. That was 89-90.

b. The 89-90 team finished 3rd in the SWC, only beat one ranked team all season (No.24 Florida) and was seeded 10th in the Tournament.
That may be true, but they finished 10th in at least one final poll. They beat Georgia, Purdue and Xavier in the tourney. The Xavier game was the most fun I have had at a Texas basketball game, period. I think we should consult Lance Blanks for a tie breaking opinion!

Last edited:

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
I’m kind of here too. Probably because we just haven’t seen him play and build an actual football resume outside of underwear. Ketch’s breakdown of Cali QBs certainly didn’t help either. Yikes. However, I will hope that a. We see an actual breakthrough season from MM this year and b. Sark has the touch he’s had with others with MM. I also agree that he should be surrounded with talent both above and below him in the room to ensure success.
I'm looking forward to seeing junior film in the next few weeks.

Reactions: McGuapo

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
That may be true, but they finished 10th in at least one final poll. They beat Georgia, Purdue and Xavier in the tourney. The Xavier game was the most fun I have had at a Texas basketball game, period. I think we should consult Lance Blanks for a tie breaking opinion!
Yeah, but the rankings had nothing to do with anything. The point was to try and evaluate what kind of regular season the team just had.

LWULFE

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2002
San Antonio
100%

This is just my take until I see more on the field. But I trust sark. But I also believe sark is doing his best to gain needed momentum.

Still, I'd take Ewers all day over him and I think under normal circumstances sark would too.
Is it fair to say that your feelings on Ewers are similar to those of @UTwiz towards Waddle a few years ago?

El Mahico

there are no mistakes, only happy accidents
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2009
Just East of Bali
Is it fair to say that your feelings on Ewers are similar to those of @UTwiz towards Waddle a few years ago?

I don't know what that was

I think it's fair to say I think of Ewers verses Murphy the way I did swoops verses JT Barrett a few years ago. I do think Murphy has more upside as a passer than swoops but imo we need to see a lot more before we saw he's a five star. I still see Ewers as a much better passer than Murphy

It would be one thing if Murphy were an elite runner. He's not that and is not an elite passer. At least from what little I have seen.

LWULFE

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2002
San Antonio
I don't know what that was

I think it's fair to say I think of Ewers verses Murphy the way I did swoops verses JT Barrett a few years ago. I do think Murphy has more upside as a passer than swoops but imo we need to see a lot more before we saw he's a five star. I still see Ewers as a much better passer than Murphy

It would be one thing if Murphy were an elite runner. He's not that and is not an elite passer. At least from what little I have seen.
Utwiz correctly thought that Waddle hung the moon and was the most important WR we were recruiting that year. In retrospect he was right.