ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Heads need to roll in Waco)

"murdered a girlfriend's Yorkie" You destroyed your whole point when you stated this. You can't "murder" a dog and to remotely compare is demeaning to the value of human life. You had me captivated and then you dropped that lame bomb and I lost all the value of your insight.

Sorry you didn't like the term, "murdered." If that 'destroyed Ketch's whole point,' that one turn of phrase effectively erases 'all value or insight,' as to the rest of it- I would say it is your credibility you are calling into question.

Call it what you want; however, animal cruelty is not insignificant. Don't get caught up in semantics.

"Since the 1970"s, research has consistently reported childhood cruelty to animals as the first warning sign of later delinquency, violence, and criminal behavior. In fact, nearly all violent crime perpetrators have a history of animal cruelty in their profiles. Albert deSalvo, the Boston Strangler found guilty of killing 13 women, shot arrows through dogs and cats he trapped as a child. Columbine shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold boasted about mutilating animals for fun."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...104/children-who-are-cruel-animals-when-worry

Reactions: nicole9849
His trolling gets on peoples nerves but it also gets reaction. It's funny. That's value to me.

I don't think he was trolling, was he? I followed that entire thread and felt right or wrong he had his opinion and stuck behind it. If that's all that happened I'm surprised to hear he was suspended.

Reactions: texasguy2310
He never lost his cool and continued to reinforce his position with his own brand of logic.
5015261+_be9382cccd6ee294adf3f57a3f20c8a1.gif

Reactions: JinSOTEX
He was banned because he had a difference of opinion on this issue. He, like others, had a hard time directly linking Briles to the chastity of women in Waco. He offered up his thoughts calmly and didn't back down when others were losing their shit on him. After many insulted him and offered up personal attacks, BOBA was banned for having a difference of opinion.
You don't know why he was banned. I made that decision. Feel free to ask any questions you want.

I am surprised the free article includes the entire 10 thoughts. I would have expected the subject matter deserves more respect that being grouped in with fantasy football talk and pop culture.

Not a big deal for a message board, but for general consumption it should have been a reformatted dedicated piece to be taken seriously. Submitting it to a news site other than "orangebloods" would probably help as well.

Reactions: abard124
Societally, we have a problem with respecting & protecting women. The situation at Baylor is just an extreme example of a culture that frequently dehumanizes women. It's amazing to watch the comments roll in when a beautiful woman, who is not connected to anyone on OB, is posted on the board. It's a barrage of comments about PIIHB, f'ing her raw, drinking her bathwater, motorboat gifs, phallic eruption gifs, etc. Yet, when someone posts something about his wife or daughter (who happens to be a beautiful), you see the restrained comments: "What a beautiful young lady", "you must be proud", "you out kicked your coverage", etc.

Why do we assign value & respect to the women in our own lives (and expect others to as well), but aren't willing to offer that same value & respect to the women in others' lives, whom we have no connection to? Why do we, as a society, demand that men respect women physically, but not verbally? If women are worthy of respect, value, and protection, then they're worthy it in both words & actions.........and at all times, not just when it comes to physical harm. Just my $.02.

I don't think he was trolling, was he? I followed that entire thread and felt right or wrong he had his opinion and stuck behind it. If that's all that happened I'm surprised to hear he was suspended.

I thought the same. Didn't agree with his opinion but he was civil and there was no name calling on his part. I wish more posters would be like BOBA when arguing a point.

If you feel the case against Briles is so strong you should publish it someplace other than OB. If you're really taking this on as a personal mission it needs to be in public to face critical review. If it doesn't pass muster you can always take out an ad.

Behind a paywall on OB it does nothing but make you feel better about yourself.
Ketch made this content available for free.

Nonsense, in my opinion. Further, where is it written that a poster must bring value as arbitrarily defined by you? You should welcome opposing viewpoints and civil discourse on issues. Even if you can't "win" the issue.
Nonsense?

The truth is I cringe every time I see him post about anything. The number of email complaints I've received over the years about his constant nonsense (God, I hope he's just a troll) is in double digits.

I simply decided that I had had enough. Not the first time I've decided someone's net worth on the site doesn't add up to something that would warrant me leaving him active.

He wasn't trolling for this thread, but he often trolls in many others. For this specific subject, he offered a counter opinion. Nothing more.

And @Ketchum considering we talk to him on a daily basis privately in mega text, I believe we do know why he was banned. But you did state it was because he didn't add value. So which is it? Do you feel that many of your paying customers feel like they have to walk on eggshells around here in order to not get banned?

I've always thought BOBA was a troll/semi-ass but I ignored him as harmless. I thought he felt he had to take the contrarian side to every debate. I would never complain about him, just ignored him. I'm mildly surprised he got banned. I read some of his posts on the Baylor scandal and just thought it was harmless BOBA BS.

I thought the same. Didn't agree with his opinion but he was civil and there was no name calling on his part. I wish more posters would be like BOBA when arguing a point.
It was very much a big picture decision, not related so much to the specifics of that thread as the totality of his posting history.

Story going forward is going to start and end with that dean. Why did she find that this didn't meet the preponderance of evidence standard? Did fball coaches talk to her about the case? Other pressure? Or did she simply not believe the victim (while the jury did)? If this becomes a disaster for them, it will because of her.

Disagree that she is the beginning and end of the story. Totally, emphatically disagree.

That said, my guess is this will be roughly the line of reasoning baylor will push in an effort to make her the scape goat, in the hopes that all others may be saved.

I really don't understand the logic of banning @BurntOrangeBassAssassin - He doesn't add value?
Do lurkers add value? Hell, I don't think I add value. I rarely post anymore at all. His 10 bucks a month adds value to your site. He didn't do anything other than disagree with your opinion @Ketchum
Whether you agree with him or not, banning him was a knee jerk reaction IMO. Not necessary.
His trolling gets on peoples nerves but it also gets reaction. It's funny. That's value to me.
Enough of that creates the opposite impact. I'm done talking about him. If someone wants to continue the discussion, PM me or email me.

As the owner of the site, it was my decision. Enough is enough.

Good stuff, but I'm not sure I'll ever understand someone crying over two situations that couldn't be any further removed from them. The evening news must be tough on you.

WTF, because something is removed to a degree, one cannot have an emotional response to the event(s)? That is short-sighted and borderline cowardice. These events are tragic, and they tend to hit home to those of us on the site with daughters who will grow up in a world that constantly endangers them. Ketch became overwhelmed at the thought while lying in bed, closest to those who he worries most about. Though I have not cried at the thought, it is absolutely something that has kept me up at night. Get over yourself, tough guy.

I am surprised the free article includes the entire 10 thoughts. I would have expected the subject matter deserves more respect that being grouped in with fantasy football talk and pop culture.

Not a big deal for a message board, but for general consumption it should have been a reformatted dedicated piece to be taken seriously. Submitting it to a news site other than "orangebloods" would probably help as well.
I'll do my best to aim for perfection in your eyes moving forward. 16 hours after it was made public, you're the only one to raise that issue.

Societally, we have a problem with respecting & protecting women. The situation at Baylor is just an extreme example of a culture that frequently dehumanizes women. It's amazing to watch the comments roll in when a beautiful woman, who is not connected to anyone on OB, is posted on the board. It's a barrage of comments about PIIHB, f'ing her raw, drinking her bathwater, motorboat gifs, phallic eruption gifs, etc. Yet, when someone posts something about his wife or daughter (who happens to be a beautiful), you see the restrained comments: "What a beautiful young lady", "you must be proud", "you out kicked your coverage", etc.

Why do we assign value & respect to the women in our own lives (and expect others to as well), but aren't willing to offer that same value & respect to the women in others' lives, whom we have no connection to? Why do we, as a society, demand that men respect women physically, but not verbally? If women are worthy of respect, value, and protection, then they're worthy it in both words & actions.........and at all times, not just when it comes to physical harm. Just my $.02.
I decided to take out "Hottie of the Weekend" from this column last year for exactly this thought process. Just felt wrong to promote that idea, while writing about respect in the other side of my mouth.

well, glad 1 of the 10 thoughts pertained to Longhorn football, at least

Seriously?

Mods- can we add a 'dislike' feature to the boards?

There's plenty of football-related copy on these boards. A little perspective here. Again, it's 'Ketch Ten Thoughts...' and this was what was on his mind. For the record, I do not care for soccer at all- so that's at least 10% of the Ten Thoughts I never even bother to read. Used to be a big MLB fan but the strike and later the steroids scandal have me pretty indifferent these days- so there's something else I usually don't read that isn't related to Longhorn football. So there's another 10% I don't read.

But I don't post in the thread to bitch about it either. C'mon, man.

Your own words would seem to indicate that my Tiger comments were spot on?
My comment about your comments on Tiger being off base were poorly worded. My intention was to point out that Tiger isn't the old Tiger,and I see just as much or more excitement with the current group of young guns. Again Tiger's problems are in his head and those are the hardest to correct. Sorry for the poor structure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT