ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Heads need to roll in Waco)

Seriously?

Mods- can we add a 'dislike' feature to the boards?

There's plenty of football-related copy on these boards. A little perspective here. Again, it's 'Ketch Ten Thoughts...' and this was what was on his mind. For the record, I do not care for soccer at all- so that's at least 10% of the Ten Thoughts I never even bother to read. Used to be a big MLB fan but the strike and later the steroids scandal have me pretty indifferent these days- so there's something else I usually don't read that isn't related to Longhorn football. So there's another 10% I don't read.

But I don't post in the thread to bitch about it either. C'mon, man.
dislike all you like my friend, that's the beauty of message boards. not everyone is going to like/want to read the same thing.

Reactions: texasguy2310
count me as one who is thrilled BOBA is banned. stupid poster who seemed to thrive on making misplaced, ignorant posts on off-topic threads. have always dreaded finding one of his dumb takes in an otherwise interesting thread. his baylor scandal comments were amazingly off-base. not sure how this will come across, but he always struck me as someone you would be more likely to encounter posting on an A&M board.

Reactions: Achilleshorn
dislike all you like my friend, that's the beauty of message boards. not everyone is going to like/want to read the same thing.

Yeah- I get that. That was precisely my point- 'not everyone is going to like/want to read the same thing.' Guess what else? Ketch/Anwar/Suchomel et al, aren't always going to want to write about the same things. Doesn't mean you have to complain or make smart-ass comments because Ketch's column didn't blow your skirt up this week.

Talk about a post that 'adds no value.'

Nonsense?

The truth is I cringe every time I see him post about anything. The number of email complaints I've received over the years about his constant nonsense (God, I hope he's just a troll) is in double digits.

I simply decided that I had had enough. Not the first time I've decided someone's net worth on the site doesn't add up to something that would warrant me leaving him active.

So, you cringe every time he posts something? Why? Because you don't like his opinions? Again, he's civil in his discourse and never goes out of his way to personally attack anyone. He's a bright guy and usually gets the hyenas in an uproar when they can't flank his argument. I don't doubt that you get multiple emails asking you to ban him. I wouldn't be surprised if you have multiple emails asking you to ban @UTwiz, me, and some others (sorry to bring you into this @UTwiz). The people that send those emails are also usually the same people that are levying personal attacks and making threads garbage. They can't formulate a logical argument and resort to simply calling people names or worse. If I were one of those people, I'm sure I'd want @BurntOrangeBassAssassin banned too. If you think those folks are more "valuable" than BOBA, I guess that says it all.

Of course, it's your site and you're obviously able to do whatever you want. Thanks for continuing to allow me to post.

Yeah- I get that. That was precisely my point- 'not everyone is going to like/want to read the same thing.' Guess what else? Ketch/Anwar/Suchomel et al, aren't always going to want to write about the same things. Doesn't mean you have to complain or make smart-ass comments because Ketch's column didn't blow your skirt up this week.

Talk about a post that 'adds no value.'
depends on your personal reasoning for subscribing to a team specific site I suppose.

So, you cringe every time he posts something? Why? Because you don't like his opinions? Again, he's civil in his discourse and never goes out of his way to personally attack anyone. He's a bright guy and usually gets the hyenas in an uproar when they can't flank his argument. I don't doubt that you get multiple emails asking you to ban him. I wouldn't be surprised if you have multiple emails asking you to ban @UTwiz, me, and some others (sorry to bring you into this @UTwiz). The people that send those emails are also usually the same people that are levying personal attacks and making threads garbage. They can't formulate a logical argument and resort to simply calling people names or worse. If I were one of those people, I'm sure I'd want @BurntOrangeBassAssassin banned too. If you think those folks are more "valuable" than BOBA, I guess that says it all.

Of course, it's your site and you're obviously able to do whatever you want. Thanks for continuing to allow me to post.

7416fb18af1a65c031873dc9466a0820.jpg

Reactions: sendero95
It was very much a big picture decision, not related so much to the specifics of that thread as the totality of his posting history.

I'm not sure how one would calculate the traffic he drives, but I would imagine it's a lot. There aren't a whole lot of more recognizable O-Bloods posters around anymore and maybe zero that inspire the same kinds of reactions (good and bad). Didn't he have something like 1,000 "likes" on here before you banned him? Again, what was the big picture other than you not appreciating his position on things and the hyenas sending you emails?

I realize that this seems like Texas Guy's white knighting campaign, and while there's something to that, I'm mainly irritated as my next disagreement with the mob may be my last. Or @UTwiz, or @echeese, or any number of posters that don't always follow lockstep.

Reactions: babyshoe

I enjoy civil discourse and look forward to those who have informed disagreements with my own opinions. BOBA has not once ever fallen into that category or struck me as someone that is either bright or informed. His takes are typically basic and simple, and he has not once ever shown a propensity or interest (that I've seen) in learning something from someone else or giving deference to someone who is clearly more informed or has a much greater level of experience than his own. His opinions were often easily debunked by some of the very basic elements of logic and common sense, which he'd ignore and thus annoy many people. Just because BOBA would pretend like no one was able to debunk his opinions or stances and continually repeat it, does not make it true.

Maybe he completely changed in the thread you're referencing, as I didn't see it, but there are much better posters to stick your neck out for than BOBA. I think you're a good poster and don't want to see you get lumped into that category. Just my completely unsolicited (and possibly unwelcome) advice.

Where were all you guys when Joe banned Cramer from his fruit stand? I mean that was a big deal! And where was Cramer supposed to get fruit after that? I would have understood the outrage over that injustice.

I'm here to tell you, I'm a banned survivor and I bet BOBA survives this trauma too.

He wasn't trolling for this thread, but he often trolls in many others. For this specific subject, he offered a counter opinion. Nothing more.

And @Ketchum considering we talk to him on a daily basis privately in mega text, I believe we do know why he was banned. But you did state it was because he didn't add value. So which is it? Do you feel that many of your paying customers feel like they have to walk on eggshells around here in order to not get banned?
I've said it. I just couldn't take any more. It wasn't any one comment in that thread, other than his comments of faux outrage that I found insulting, but more the totality of his resume.

I'm willing to talk back from the ledge, but I had imply had enough.

2016 might have 9-3 or even 10-2 written all over it? You mean Shane B is our starting QB?
I'm talking about the overall make-up of the program, but yes, improved quarterback play will have to be included.

I suppose it does. Was your personal reasoning for subscribing to complain about the lack of Texas football specific coverage in the Ten Thoughts column? ;)
haha no, but im ready for some football. hard to concentrate on work with Chicago coming up next week

Ketch -
I applaud you putting the gas pedal down....Well done well written...All of us father's of daughters thank you for using your platform to point out
one of the most blatant cover ups I've ever witnessed.

I enjoy civil discourse and look forward to those who have informed disagreements with my own opinions. BOBA has not once ever fallen into that category or struck me as someone that is either bright or informed. His takes are typically basic and simple, and he has not once ever shown a propensity or interest (that I've seen) in learning something from someone else or giving deference to someone who is clearly more informed or has a much greater level of experience than his own. His opinions were often easily debunked by some of the very basic elements of logic and common sense, which he'd ignore and thus annoy many people. Just because BOBA would pretend like no one was able to debunk his opinions or stances and continually repeat it, does not make it true.

Maybe he completely changed in the thread you're referencing, as I didn't see it, but there are much better posters to stick your neck out for than BOBA. I think you're a good poster and don't want to see you get lumped into that category. Just my completely unsolicited (and possibly unwelcome) advice.
Pretty much sums it up.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how someone could possibly think he brings value to the site. It's hilarious to think a guy like BOBA, whose sole purpose on this board is to piss off other Longhorn fans, can somehow be misconstrued for bringing value.

I'm sure he's a swell guy in person, which is why people take up for him all the time, but the reality is that he spends 17 of the 18 hours per day he's on here trying to start arguments and instigate other posters.

I do think someone should check on him, he probably hasn't gone this long without being able to post in nearly a decade.

Reactions: longhornfaithful
Ketch, I have a daughter that has started her sophomore year in college, I had her enroll in a Krav Maga self defense class, it is an incredible program. She can beat the crap out of me now LOL and she could beat the crap out of any guy now that would try to attack her. I sleep a lot better at night. You should check it out when your daughters are old enough and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to protect yourself from any number of attack scenarios, the class is based on Israeli self defense techniques and it really works.

It is quite a work out too, my daughter is stronger than I am now.

Jshorn also defended the FSU QB who punched the girl in the bar. Lolz
If the Lady victim at Baylor decides to sue the school in civil court, then those of you who think the story will just go away, are very wrong.....It will blow up in a bigger way. Baylor must be scheming how to keep this from happening.

i-am-the-one-who-knocks.jpg

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how someone could possibly think he brings value to the site. It's hilarious to think a guy like BOBA, whose sole purpose on this board is to piss off other Longhorn fans, can somehow be misconstrued for bringing value.

I'm sure he's a swell guy in person, which is why people take up for him all the time, but the reality is that he spends 17 of the 18 hours per day he's on here trying to start arguments and instigate other posters.

I do think someone should check on him, he probably hasn't gone this long without being able to post in nearly a decade.

How's this any different than CS who's one of my favorite posters to read?

How's this a my different than CS who's one of my favorite posters?
CS, while stubborn, isn't against changing his stance on an issue or being persuaded by others. He's not easily convinced, but I've seen it on enough occasions to believe he's genuinely interested in a good discussion above all else. I think he may troll people from time to time just to get a rise, but overall the differences between him and a guy like BOBA are night and day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT