ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Hey, Kirk... this is Tom... I gotta scoop for you...)

That's fair! I'm all on board with anything that results in wins. I don't care who's quarterback , this season is too important.
I think Zaire fits Herman's scheme better and gives the program a much better run threat, something this offense might need with the questions at running back and some depth issues on the line. He's an older, more mature player that has his entire life riding on this season.

I don't know that he's definitely better, but he might be, which is why Herman is interested. It's why Tim Beck is interested.

By that measure, you shouldn't trust any other aspect of the team, by virtue of the fact that the whole team was 5-7.

I mean, the defense was the worst in school history.
who says I do at this point? Trust? That part gets earned in games.

Reactions: InVinceable10
Shane played well for a true freshman, but ... he had a 2000 rusher and only threw 2 routes. He was 5-7 with a loss to Kansas. He isn't built to take much of a pounding. Texas is better with Shane and Zaire on the team. Shane may improve and beat Zaire out, maybe not.
Played just about as well as Colt did as a redshirt sophomore as a true freshman. He's a competitor and will start next year over someone who threw for half their career yards against our horrible defense in one game.

Reactions: whiteknight_007
who says I do at this point? Trust? That part gets earned in games.
That's fine, but I feel like you place greater blame on SB for the team going 5-7. That may not be so, but you're pretty open about thinking Zaire can take the team further than SB.

Based on what? The LSU and Texas game at ND? I saw the game against Virginia the next week. He didn't play well before he got hurt. He's barely played since then.

Aside from QB, the D has just as much to prove under the new regime as the quarterback, regardless of who starts.

I get the impression that Zaire has cooled on Texas. I don't see him coming here even if he doesn't go to Florida.

That's fine, but I feel like you place greater blame on SB for the team going 5-7. That may not be so, but you're pretty open about thinking Zaire can take the team further than SB.

Based on what? The LSU and Texas game at ND? I saw the game against Virginia the next week. He didn't play well before he got hurt. He's barely played since then.

Aside from QB, the D has just as much to prove under the new regime as the quarterback, regardless of who starts.
Buechele was just one issue. He shouldn't have been on the field. He played out of Charlie's desperation. I think he has a crazy high upside, but not be ready to hit it yet.

Reactions: RAISTLIN
I get the impression that Zaire has cooled on Texas. I don't see him coming here even if he doesn't go to Florida.
That's not the impression we were given. I'm not even sure if there is really a No.3.

Buechele was just one issue. He shouldn't have been on the field. He played out of Charlie's desperation. I think he has a crazy high upside, but not be ready to hit it yet.
Agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT