ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Hey, Kirk... this is Tom... I gotta scoop for you...)

Shane played well for a true freshman, but ... he had a 2000 rusher and only threw 2 routes. He was 5-7 with a loss to Kansas. He isn't built to take much of a pounding. Texas is better with Shane and Zaire on the team. Shane may improve and beat Zaire out, maybe not.
Played just about as well as Colt did as a redshirt sophomore as a true freshman. He's a competitor and will start next year over someone who threw for half their career yards against our horrible defense in one game.

Reactions: whiteknight_007
who says I do at this point? Trust? That part gets earned in games.
That's fine, but I feel like you place greater blame on SB for the team going 5-7. That may not be so, but you're pretty open about thinking Zaire can take the team further than SB.

Based on what? The LSU and Texas game at ND? I saw the game against Virginia the next week. He didn't play well before he got hurt. He's barely played since then.

Aside from QB, the D has just as much to prove under the new regime as the quarterback, regardless of who starts.

I get the impression that Zaire has cooled on Texas. I don't see him coming here even if he doesn't go to Florida.

That's fine, but I feel like you place greater blame on SB for the team going 5-7. That may not be so, but you're pretty open about thinking Zaire can take the team further than SB.

Based on what? The LSU and Texas game at ND? I saw the game against Virginia the next week. He didn't play well before he got hurt. He's barely played since then.

Aside from QB, the D has just as much to prove under the new regime as the quarterback, regardless of who starts.
Buechele was just one issue. He shouldn't have been on the field. He played out of Charlie's desperation. I think he has a crazy high upside, but not be ready to hit it yet.

Reactions: RAISTLIN
I get the impression that Zaire has cooled on Texas. I don't see him coming here even if he doesn't go to Florida.
That's not the impression we were given. I'm not even sure if there is really a No.3.

Buechele was just one issue. He shouldn't have been on the field. He played out of Charlie's desperation. I think he has a crazy high upside, but not be ready to hit it yet.
Agree to disagree.

That's not the impression we were given. I'm not even sure if there is really a No.3.

Given the history of how the SEC operates, I'm betting he lands at Florida. They will change that rule and he will commit to the Gators in early June.

Reactions: Other Barry
His career completion percentage is 59-percent.
In the 10 career games that he's played, he's completed >59% of passes just 3 times. On the flipped he's completed <50% of passes 5 times.

@Ketchum - serious question, what would be wrong with you passing the Zaire story to national guys and sec east coaches?

Played just about as well as Colt did as a redshirt sophomore as a true freshman. He's a competitor and will start next year over someone who threw for half their career yards against our horrible defense in one game.
What the hell were you watching last year to even suggest that?

which part? I don't see how any of it could be disputed.
Zaire is NOT a sure thing!

Just because you may feel he'll be great doesn't make it so. He may be. May be!

But there's nothing in his history to suggest he's a sure thing.

Furthermore, you're underestimating the experience SB gained last year. He's played a lot more football than Zaire has.

In the 10 career games that he's played, he's completed >59% of passes just 3 times. On the flipped he's completed <50% of passes 5 times.
Ok, but he's a 59-percent passer for his career. You want to look at Shane's stats if you take the first two games out?

From what I can tell, local officials have been very agreeable. There are guidelines and they are followed.

@Napaak - Great question. Ever since KVUE ran a clip on TCH after it opened 2 years ago we have gone to great lengths to stay in touch with local officials and law enforcement to make sure that everything we are doing is above board.

You can see the interview that was conducted with one of the original founders of the TCH here: http://www.kvue.com/news/local/legal-poker-room-opens-in-south-austin_20160425093335693/152590065

Ok, but he's a 59-percent passer for his career. You want to look at Shane's stats if you take the first two games out?
He's a 59% career passer because of single outlier game against one of the worst defenses in the country, that was run by a coaching staff in got shut out by Iowa State and lost to Kansas in successive years.

Sure, 15 TD's 10 INTs, 59 comp % and 132 QBR. His efficiency numbers don't really change if you take out his best performances. Malik's change drastically.

@Ketchum - serious question, what would be wrong with you passing the Zaire story to national guys and sec east coaches?

Because he wants to be considered an objective member of the media rather a fan-boy Luicci/Hamm

This isn't remotely close to that idiot's behavior.

It does seem like there could be an opportunity to impact the situation through social media, but I'm not on twitter and not connected to media outlets to help out. If I was I would carpet bomb every sec east coach and AD about the situation.

I find it hard to believe that none of the other SEC schools know nothing about Florida's intentions to have the ban lifted because of Zaire, it is practically the most talked about college football headline right now. If they have no clue then they just have no college football knowledge at all.

IMO if they lift the ban after one year of a 3 year sentence then it is a bad look for them. If it was some random OL or WR or any regular transfer this would be a non issue. I just can't see the other schools giving Florida any advantage to beat them. And certainly don't see them doing just because they don't want to see Texas get him.

How does this vote work, does it have to be unanimous or just 8-6 in favor of?

What the hell were you watching last year to even suggest that?
If you don't remember, Colt had a pretty rough sophomore year after his amazing RS Freshman year. I'm not talking about careers, but that year. Go look at the numbers. Just don't get the hate for a guy that looked pretty damn good for a true freshman that should be much better as a sophomore. If we go 7-5 last year I think people's perspective would be much different even if he played the same.

@Ketchum bitter sixers fan should learn to respect the Spurs. This roster without Parker and Leonard is still a top 8 team in the west. With that said they do need to add another shooter to take that next step. Would the pacers take Aldridge for george? They either trade him for something or lose him next year and get nothing. Then trade up and get Jarrett Allen who is a perfect fit in the spurs system to replace Aldridge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT