ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Imagine if Hudson Card had been ranked correctly...)

Twenty-two years ago, the top quarterback recruit in the country rolled into Austin with the wildest recruiting buzz in the history of this town.
#1 was damn good writing Ketch… damn g-o-o-d! I think that may be my favorite piece you’ve ever written. Well done sir. Well done.

2 thoughts....

1. Congrats on 20 years. I remember following @Ketchum when he was just a lowly intern at a fox station that is no longer a fox station.

2. Shouldn’t Card actually do something before we talk about him being underrated?

@Ketchum Green Day will be one of the most surprising deep dives on that list. Billie Joe Armstrong is an artist, not a pop singer, and their evolution as they’ve aged is awesome.

They’ve done several Stern interviews, but if you can find the interview they did with him in about ‘16 and the one they did in ‘19, you will learn everything you could want to know.

Reactions: WHeightsHorn
Is there an index somewhere of your top 10 songs lists? It would be nice to have something handy to know which bands’ catalogs you have properly and/or improperly classified. For example, reading over your non-deep dive list, I was asking myself if you’d done a Pearl Jam top 10 and couldn’t remember.

@Ketchum On the NIL issue I raised, curious as to how the kids will make money if they cannot use the UT logos, uniforms, etc. I don't see Nike waiving its exclusive rights to those properties. You seem convinced the money will roll in. When you have a moment, please explain.

Hell, YV aside, we haven't even had very good luck with the super-high rated QB's anyway.
Texas has had very few of them in the last 20 years, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

Happy 20th Ketch! I’ve mostly been a lurker for over 10 years but cot damn the content on here is damn near unparalleled. Great journalism, great reporting, great community, my money earns a return much greater than you could ever imagine...although my wife cringes as I say it. I’m hoping to hear is that OB again from her for at least another 20 years!

Hook ‘em!
Bless you. 💕

There is something to be said for making the kid actually grab hold of the job and not letting go. Make him prove he has the inner dog to go with the talent.
The one thing that Gilbert never really had to do, while the other two did.

Reactions: seantran6
@Ketchum I hear you on the USMNT falling short right now, but the reason to watch and get excited is because of the team's potential. Getting on board now and watching all these young guys develop will be fun. Remember, 2026 is what we're working towards and all these young guys will be in their prime at that point.
I hear you. I'm not giving up, but damn.

Reactions: JRock Hookem
Jane’s Addiction is good, good stuff. Also one of the finest shows you could ever see. Dudes are touring again for the first time since VY was on campus-
The band is on my list of things I need to do.

2 thoughts....

1. Congrats on 20 years. I remember following @Ketchum when he was just a lowly intern at a fox station that is no longer a fox station.

2. Shouldn’t Card actually do something before we talk about him being underrated?

1. 1995 was a looooong time ago.

2. 🤷‍

@Ketchum Green Day will be one of the most surprising deep dives on that list. Billie Joe Armstrong is an artist, not a pop singer, and their evolution as they’ve aged is awesome.

They’ve done several Stern interviews, but if you can find the interview they did with him in about ‘16 and the one they did in ‘19, you will learn everything you could want to know.

This summer. It'll happen. I need the challenge.

@Ketchum On the NIL issue I raised, curious as to how the kids will make money if they cannot use the UT logos, uniforms, etc. I don't see Nike waiving its exclusive rights to those properties. You seem convinced the money will roll in. When you have a moment, please explain.
I'm not sure I know, but the Longhorns are selling the concept as a key piece of their current brand. If they are wrong...

Reactions: seantran6 and toran
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT