ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's time for Tom Herman to be elite...)

Vader going full badass in Rogue One is easily a top 5 moment Ketch.

10. Luke confronts Kylo Ren

Music was great and it was so badass to see Luke (Even a Force projection of Luke) standing alone against an army. Plus his dialogue was great at the end. "The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning and I will not be the Last Jedi."

9. Yoda appears to Luke on Ach-Too

I just love it when Yoda shows up and drops some knowledge on Luke. "Time for you to look past a pile of old books"

8. The opening scene of New Hope.

I never saw New Hope in the theater but even watching it at home on VHS as a kid that scene with the Star Destroyer rolling in and the music was just incredible.

7. Rey and Kylo fight the Praetorians

Hate on Last Jedi all you want but that fight was ****ing awesome.

6. Duel with Darth Maul

Excellent fight all the way around and "Duel of the Fates" may be the best peice John Williams ever came up with in his career.

5. Palpatine declares the creation of the Empire

"The Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire! For a safe and secure society!"

4. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

Easily the greatest lightsaber battle in all of Star Wars.

3. Luke destroys the Death Star

A truly iconic scene in cinema history. From Han showing up at the last second to the music building up to the ultimate moment (Seriously John Williams is the best composer of his generation) that scene is perfect in nearly everyway

2. "No, I am your father"

One of the best plot twists ever.

1. Yoda raises Luke's X-Wing from the swamp on Dagobah

To me this was the best scene in all of Star Wars. The music again is excellent but most importantly it is where Lucas shows off what the Force is capable of and the power that frail little Yoda can command.

Reactions: UT Bondman
There is a weird vibe about this Herman regime. At the end of the Charlie Stong tenure it felt like there were still a big group on here that wanted him to have another year BUT with Tom it feels like its already at 80% to 20% to fire him. Is it that we're just so sick of underachieving or is it his arrogant personality that has turned the tide against him so fast?
I lean towards arrogance as he avoids honest answers to questions and treats the questioners as blatantly ill informed, doesn't acknowledge the poor results of his coaching staff, etc. Oops, I guess underachieving is part of the problem also. It would be interesting in seeing what he says to the current recruits. What worries me is the 2021 class could solve all offensive line issues for many years but our current lack of success does not help here, even with legacies.

Stingley was a Baton Rouge kid gift wrapped for Cookie Monster.. Hope Texas can find one here..

Punt return yardage? After what we witnessed this weekend you bring up punt return yardage? I could give 2 sh@ts about the yardage. After what I witnessed earlier this year, I'm just glad they catch the stupid thing.

I would rather they get the offense and defense fixed before I even have a meeting to begin to think about why we aren't getting good punt returns.
I mean... that's just one of 10 sections.

FIFY which I'm pretty sure is what you meant.

Sorry, but if you are going to sit a player out for a missed practice then why the f*ck do you even bring him to the game? There are ways to send a message w/o letting stupid pride get in the way.
Because he might get injured, at which point you lose your principles.

The sky is falling...the sky is falling!!! Fire them all...none of the coaches on this team are good. I believe that Tom Herman will get things turned around...one way or another. Still believe in this team. Thought the season would end 10 to 2...but after loosing some starters on Defense and offense...believe we will end the season 8 and 4. Will always be an OB fan and will always support this team. Always find it wrong to speak ill of people when we dont know the whole story...amazed at what I'm reading from some OB fans. You all should start rooting for ohio State or Alabama...you would fit in well with their fan base!!!!
I think they'd enjoy winning all the time.

Why do we freak out anytime a coach does something they should be doing here (i.e. winning a bowl game) and give them a contract extension?
What starts at Texas changes the world.

Good column. Patterson proved once again what a well-coached, highly motivated, team can do. Our guys looked like they were getting ready to do the laundry. No fire, no passion, no concern.

What starts at Texas changes the world.

The Sugar Bowl win might've been the worst thing for the program for the 2019 season. The false bravado it instilled wasn't healthy. Herman likely was convinced his methods were infallible.

The Sugar Bowl win might've been the worst thing for the program for the 2019 season. The false bravado it instilled wasn't healthy. Herman likely was convinced his methods were infallible.

It was much like Charlie's OU win in 2015.

Just delaying what's likely inevitable.

@Ketchum Late B/S - CDC will not fire TH, but will use this game and the Kansas game in particular to demand major staff changes at the end of the season.

Frustrated fans like to believe the AD is going to demand staff changes. Longhorn websites will be wild with speculation about who's getting fired and who are the replacement candidates. Some fans will have fantasies of CDC pounding the table, and ordering Herman to restructure his staff or else. Unfortunately, that $27.5MM extension CDC gave Herman after only 2 seasons pretty much gives Herman the leverage.

Most likely, the diplomatic CDC will ask Herman to walk him through the underlying issues with the program. At some point, Herman will advise that he's been contemplating certain staff changes, and will tell CDC which replacements he prefers. CDC will then ask how he can help and the changeover process will begin. All we can do as fans is hope those in charge at Texas make better decisions than they have for the past 25 years.

ee0e3a40b744e2eebc3b4d949eaa9055x.jpg

With four regular-season games left on a schedule that is leaning towards having 13 games on it instead of 14, the 2019 version of the Texas Longhorns football team is riding on a train that is threatening to go off the rails.

On most occasions, a perfectly average train conductor will get the job done, but on occasions when the train is out of control and danger reaches its zenith, the Sully Sullenberger of train conductors is needed because the moment at hand doesn't demand excuses. Instead, it requires elite decision-making and instincts.

The University of Texas is paying Texas head football coach Tom Herman $27.5 million over the next five seasons, including this one, to be an elite train conductor for this program, which means that when the train is in any kind of danger, it's up to Herman to be up to the task.

This program needs Tom Herman to be elite. Right now. No excuses.

This isn't about the 2020 recruiting class or the 2020 season, and it's not about the 2021 recruiting class or the 2021 season. This isn't even about the 2019 recruiting class.

What this is about is a football team that is 5-3 through eight games and behind Appalachian State in the rankings when it was expected to be keeping much higher-ranked company after getting a glimpse of the mountaintop a year ago with a loss in the Big 12 title game and a win in the Sugar Bowl. Year three under Herman is when this program was supposed to feel more like something that might be seen under Herman's mentor instead of his predecessor in Austin.

That comparison to Charlie Strong might appear to be the rage at the moment, but it's time for Herman to be better than that. Much better.

So much has been said about guys getting hurt and missing time this season, and it's completely true that the Longhorns have been seriously bitten by injuries, but in constantly stressing the injury discussion this year a much bigger picture that is staring everyone in burnt orange in the face.

This team is being poorly coached.

It's the worst tackling team in the country and when it's not missing tackles, it does everything else on defense at historically awful levels. We've reached a point on special teams where every single return possibility is met with a coaching staff and return man absolutely terrified to do anything other than fair catch the ball. In terms of penalties, the Longhorns rank among the worst teams in the country, which drives home this team's lack of discipline.

Oh, and I haven't even banged the poor game management drum that I've been beating all year, but that's purely on Herman.

So, here we are with four games remaining and the truth of the matter is that there's still a lot to play for on paper. The Longhorns can still make the Big 12 Championship game. They can still win the Big 12 Championship, in theory. They can also still qualify for a major bowl game.

They could also finish 7-5. Or worse.

In a two-plus years of games, Herman has rarely looked the part of an elite college football coach. There's no time like the present for him to justify his heavy salary, but it's going to require him to grab this team by the neck and drag it to the finish line. It's going to require winning football in all three phases of the game, which is something we haven't seen from this team since mid-September.

For much of the season, winning and losing has unfairly been hoisted onto the shoulders of Sam Ehlinger, but the truth of the matter is he shouldn't be tasked with such a heavy responsibility.

That's Herman's job and it's time that he starts carrying the load.

The buck doesn't stop with Ehlinger. Or Todd Orlando. Or anyone else.

Just Herman.

No. 2 - If a picture is worth 1,000 words ...

This is what the bottom half of the NCAA punt return leaderboard looks like...
EH6lhb3X0AEc7Yc

Meanwhile, believe it or not, the Longhorns lead the Big 12 in kickoff return average, even if we've reached a point in the season when Texas kickoff return men are terrified to do anything but call a fair catch.

EH6mNctWwAAzc6x

What is the point of having four- and five-star prospects if you can't unleash them on special teams against teams that don't have the same level of athletes?

At some point before the season concludes, it would be nice if the Longhorns could get their act together in the return game. There's too many dynamic return weapons available to Herman and his staff for this phase of the game to be as neutered as it has become.

Just let Devin Duvernay handle everything and be done with it.

No. 3 - Fascinating development ...

Three weeks ago, Roschon Johnson looked like he was about to take over the starting running back job after recording his first 100-yard effort of the season against West Virginia and then following it up with one of the few redeeming performances at the Cotton Bowl, which included a 57-yard run that lit the spark in the running game that was dearly needed in that contest.

Yet, the Texas coaches have clearly re-established Keaontay Ingram as the favored back in the Texas offense in the last two games. Just look at the volume of work given to Ingram, as opposed to Johnson.

Last two games...

Ingram: 30 carries for 172 yards and two touchdowns
Johnson: 16 carries for 55 yards and a touchdown

At one point on Saturday against TCU, the Longhorns had run the ball with the running back 12 times and Ingram had 11 of them.

No. 4 - Maybe, just maybe ...

It might be time to go all-in on the Texas volleyball team for the rest of the season.

The ladies are 8-0 in Big 12 play, just punked No. 1 Baylor in the middle of the week and have lost only one game in their last eight games.

Plus, no sport on the 40 Acres does Twitter better than the official Texas women's volleyball account.

No. 5 - Five Players I'm Still Thinking About 24 Hours Later ...

Devin Duvernay: Where would this team be without Duvernay? You could make a case that the Longhorns would be 2-6. That might sound crazy, but the Longhorns have been in a lot of one-possession contests since the Rice game and Duvernay has been awesome in almost all of them. Even when Sam Ehlinger has been just okay, Duvernay has been mostly sensational. His all-time season is the best thing about the 2019 Longhorns.

Brennan Eagles: The drop off from John Burt to Eagles is massive and not having Eagles available meant TCU was able to minimize match-up problems and focus on the pair of Duvernay and Collin Johnson. That is costliest missed practice that I can remember in the Texas football program in a long, long time.

Sam Ehlinger: Since September 22, here is a look at Ehlinger's last four game ratings: 122.2, 114.8, 172.1 and 99.1. These are hardly the numbers of a quarterback that is poised to help the Longhorns run the table.

Juwan Mitchell: You can make a case that he's gone from mostly forgotten to one of the team's three most important players on the defensive side of the ball. He's becoming the player that Jeffrey McCulloch was supposed to be this season.

Jake Smith: It might be time to take Smith off of punt returns for the rest of the season. Just a thought.

No. 6 - If I had a vote that mattered ...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. Penn State
6. Georgia
7. Florida
8. Oregon
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

No. 7 – BUY or SELL …
BUY-SELL.gif

(Buy) We're talking about a guy that started 28 career games (including two on a Big 12 championship team) and has his T-ring. He's more than earned the right to say whatever he wants.

(Sell) I didn't think it was a good idea at the time. Herman had zero leverage when that extension was given. It's not like he was going anywhere if the decision-makers at Texas had simply waited another six months to see how things would unfold.

(Sell) Frankly, I thought Sam looked as mobile on Saturday as we've seen all season.

(Buy) If it worked with Teddy Bridgewater at Louisville, it likely would have worked with Murray at Texas.

(Sell) He's not a better player than Sam.

(Sell) Keep asking me this question because I might "Buy" before the end of the season.

(Buy) He's a total scoundrel, but he's an elite college head football coach.

(Sell) No way he's going anywhere.

(Buy) His initial coaching staff, which is still all together, wasn't elite at Houston and isn't close to being elite at Texas.
tenor.gif

(Sell) Come on ... The most important players on this team are Sam Ehlinger and Devin Duvernay, and neither has missed a game. None of the players that have missed extensive playing time this year have played like all-Big 12 players this season.

(Sell) I can't punish him in recruiting this year for mistakes made in the past. He's earned an A-grade in recruiting for the work done in both 2020 and 2021. I won't dispute the other grades, though.

(Sell) They just knew that TCU at home was the better team.

(Buy) He'll start next year and he knows it.

(Sell) Every poster on the 40 Acres could smoke crack every day for a year and still be more rational than what's found in our very own message board cesspool.

(Sell) I'm selling if you mean replace him at the end of this season because I don't think the Longhorns athletic department is ready to make that kind of change. I don't think Chris Del Conte and those that would help him vet a new coach have so much as given it a single thought at this point, which means that a change now might result in Texas getting caught with its pants down, while still owning Herman more than 20 million. Call it whatever you want, but Texas doesn't live in a world where eating 20+ million dollars right after eating Charlie Strong's final two years. What needs to happen is that Del Conte and Co. need to get their ducks in a row, while giving Herman his fourth season, which would allow his first recruiting class to enter its senior season. If you're going to make a change, you have to know what your next five moves on the chess board are and I don't believe Texas knows what its first chess move would make at this stage. Man, I know where you're coming from... trust me, I do... but I'm just not convinced the landscape is quite ready for that.

No. 8 – Eternal Randomness of the Spotty Sports Mind …
... I don't know what else to say about the Astros other than to see them flip an 0-2 deficit into a 3-2 lead all on the road is the stuff of an all-time great team. Now just finish the deal.

... Dear Jim Crane, it took you over a week to do the thing that should have been done in less than 24 hours. Be better, man.

... Dear Washington Nationals, never intentionally walk Alex Bregman ever again. It just makes him mad and you won't like him when he's mad.

... Nothing about Kansas State's win over Oklahoma was flukey. The Longhorns better wear their big boy pants in two weeks.

... It's Joe Burrow's Heisman to lose. I'm not even sure who is the rightful No. 2 at this point.

... An LSU/Ohio State national championship game would be something else.

... Ohio State has three legit Heisman candidates, which might mean it really doesn’t have one great one.

... LSU's Derek Stingley Jr. might be the best freshman cornerback I've seen in at least a decade.

... Is Jim Harbaugh's Q-rating suddenly higher among the Michigan fan base than Tom Herman's among the Texas fan base? How did that happen?

... This is how it's done.

... This is how it's not done.

... The Green Bay/Kansas City game was one of the most entertaining games of the year and Patrick Mahomes didn't even play.

... The 49ers are freaking good.

... Playing against Christian McCaffrey in fantasy football sucks.

... How the hell did the Cowboys lose to the Jets?

... Man, I know it's early, but Golden State looks awful.

... Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, y'all....

... Christian Pulisic has officially arrived as a Chelsea player

... Liverpool has taken 28 of 30 points through the first 10 games of the Premier League season, but it played its best game of the season on Sunday against Tottenham. Although the Spursa remained dangerous at times on the counter, Liverpool simply pinned the Spurs into its own final third, spaying shots from all angles for much of the game after the Spurs scored in the first minute of the game. Man, I love this team.
EH5-PEqWoAUdvNC

... Austin = Soccer City USA?

No. 9 - The List: Top Star Wars Scenes ...

I don't care what any of the haters say, I can't wait for the ninth and final edition of the Star Wars series and the final trailer for The Rise of Skywalker has me all-in.

In honor of the conclusion of the series, not including any future Rogue One-level spin-offs, I give you my 10 favorite scenes in the history of the Star Wars franchise.

Let the debating begin.

10. Luke Flexes on Jabba The Hut (Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

This was the moment when we realized Luke had become a different kind of cat.

9. Darth Vader Kicks Ass (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story)

I might actually have this scene underrated. It's the most bad-ass the baddest-ass character in cinema history has ever looked.

8. Yoda Trains Luke (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

7. Vader Saves Luke (Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

With one quick flip of the Emperor over the ledge, all of the evil stuff that Vader has ever done is forgiven ... kind of.

6. “I love you.” “I know.” (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

The cockiest, most mack-daddy moment from the greatest mack-daddy of them all.

5. Han shot first (Episode IV: A New Hope)

Sorry, George Lucas, I refuse your decision.

4. Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan (Episode I: The Phantom Menace)

The best fight sequence in all of the Star Wars movies. Rest in peace, Qui Gon Ginn.

3. The original Cantina scene (Episode IV: A New Hope)

This is going to be No. 1 for many of you and I won't argue too hard against you.

2. “I am your father.” (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

It's the best and most shocking scene from the best movie in the entire series.

1. Luke blows up the Death Star ((Episode IV: A New Hope)

It's the moment Luke first uses the force. Han comes in to help save the day. The Death Star explodes. It's the scene that sets the stage for everything that follows.

No. 10 – And Finally ...

After a weekend when there wasn't a lot of positivity, I end with this.

It’s a waste of energy now to complain about TH and specific team results. From my perspective, we have yet to win games with any form of dominant look. We have seen and heard the same complaints about TH for 3 years now. He either puts up or he should be fired. Anything else is just water energy.

you are correct in that Sam is unfairly being used as the only consistent aspect of our program and if weren’t for him we would be the doormat of the B12 conference. it’s now in our ADs hands if we lose a few more games this season.

Quick...name the asst coaches you would keep on staff for next year...Herb Hand? Maybe Beck for recruiting and QB coach??

Anyone else? That's a major fu&*ing indictment on a guy making $5+ million/year, who's supposed to be "elite"...
I'd add Jason Washington.

@Ketchum many thanks for the blurb (love that word) about the volleyball program

for anyone who might be interested, a quick look at the remaining schedule....

halfway through the big12 conference and Texas has all of its major goals still on the table

1) win the big12
2) earn the privilege of hosting a regional
3) win the ncaas

i view the remaining schedule as 3 challenges

1st challenge:
at tech on october 30th
home vs wvu on nov. 3rd
at ou on nov. 8th

2nd challenge:
home vs. kstate nov 13th
home vs. tcu nov. 16th
at baylor nov. 20th

3rd challenge:
home vs. kansas nov. 23rd
at iowa state nov. 30th

you'll notice that each challenge ends with a tough road match....the 3 most difficult matches (on paper) left on the schedule.

if Texas finishes 8-0 in the 2nd half, they win the big12 and host a regional
if Texas finishes 7-1 with the loss at baylor, they are big12 co-champs (assuming baylor wins out) and very likely host a regional
if Texas finishes 7-1 with the loss not at baylor, they are big12 champs and very likely host a regional

for anything else outside of 7-1, Texas will have some issues. hosting a regional would depend on what other teams are doing.

we shall see
Great post!

Reactions: mln59
Herman is just a bad coach. A good coach:

1. Adopts a scheme to fit his playmakers--not the other way around.
2. Designs game plans that leverage strengths, exploit weaknesses, and isn't predictable.
3. Plays his playmakers and gets them the ball.
4. Hires great coaches and demands elite performance in all three phases of the game.
5. Wins.
6. Recruits.
7. Represents the program well.

Hermans fails on too many items on the above list.

It will cost the program far more than $20 million in ticket sales, clothing sales, and television/conference revenues to keep Herman as compared to replacing him now. Go get a coach that does the above seven items, and let's become Texas Football once again.
That sounds awesome!! So, umm, who?

There is a weird vibe about this Herman regime. At the end of the Charlie Stong tenure it felt like there were still a big group on here that wanted him to have another year BUT with Tom it feels like its already at 80% to 20% to fire him. Is it that we're just so sick of underachieving or is it his arrogant personality that has turned the tide against him so fast?
You’ve got to be kidding... You mean 80% of the idoits on this board who have never set foot on the Texas campus? In that case, I agree. But among the fanbase in general? I promise you there aren’t more than 10% who think that at this juncture, Tom Herman should be fired.

Reactions: DanielSucks
It’s horrible, I’ve been saying this for 3 years. RBs have no chance when they are at a stand still with safeties and lbs flying at them. Just awful.
It doesn't help that they reveal run/pass based on the running back depth in the backfield. A smart opposing defender can identify run/pass on almost every play based on running back depth. If Ingram/Johnson are lined up with next to Sam (within a yard), you can expect a play-action fake and a pass. If he lines up deeper than that, it's a run.

Almost every time.

He’s been okay, but he hasn’t really owned the field. Had some real up and down play.

This is not to say that he’s not talented.

The LBs need better coaching.
Owning the field?

You gotta walk before you run.

Vader going full badass in Rogue One is easily a top 5 moment Ketch.

10. Luke confronts Kylo Ren

Music was great and it was so badass to see Luke (Even a Force projection of Luke) standing alone against an army. Plus his dialogue was great at the end. "The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning and I will not be the Last Jedi."

9. Yoda appears to Luke on Ach-Too

I just love it when Yoda shows up and drops some knowledge on Luke. "Time for you to look past a pile of old books"

8. The opening scene of New Hope.

I never saw New Hope in the theater but even watching it at home on VHS as a kid that scene with the Star Destroyer rolling in and the music was just incredible.

7. Rey and Kylo fight the Praetorians

Hate on Last Jedi all you want but that fight was ****ing awesome.

6. Duel with Darth Maul

Excellent fight all the way around and "Duel of the Fates" may be the best peice John Williams ever came up with in his career.

5. Palpatine declares the creation of the Empire

"The Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire! For a safe and secure society!"

4. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

Easily the greatest lightsaber battle in all of Star Wars.

3. Luke destroys the Death Star

A truly iconic scene in cinema history. From Han showing up at the last second to the music building up to the ultimate moment (Seriously John Williams is the best composer of his generation) that scene is perfect in nearly everyway

2. "No, I am your father"

One of the best plot twists ever.

1. Yoda raises Luke's X-Wing from the swamp on Dagobah

To me this was the best scene in all of Star Wars. The music again is excellent but most importantly it is where Lucas shows off what the Force is capable of and the power that frail little Yoda can command.
Good stuff. How do you leave out the cantina scene or pretty much anything with Han?

Good column. Patterson proved once again what a well-coached, highly motivated, team can do. Our guys looked like they were getting ready to do the laundry. No fire, no passion, no concern.
Herman has had a few of these types of games in his career as a head coach, even at Houston.

Reactions: LonghornBuc
I have considered that as well, weirdly.

Frustrated fans like to believe the AD is going to demand staff changes. Longhorn websites will be wild with speculation about who's getting fired and who are the replacement candidates. Some fans will have fantasies of CDC pounding the table, and ordering Herman to restructure his staff or else. Unfortunately, that $27.5MM extension CDC gave Herman after only 2 seasons pretty much gives Herman the leverage.

Most likely, the diplomatic CDC will ask Herman to walk him through the underlying issues with the program. At some point, Herman will advise that he's been contemplating certain staff changes, and will tell CDC which replacements he prefers. CDC will then ask how he can help and the changeover process will begin. All we can do as fans is hope those in charge at Texas make better decisions than they have for the past 25 years.
bingo. I'm reminded of the time after year one when multiple sites were reporting Beck was going to get bounced and when we reported that wasn't the plan, folks shot and didn't believe the messenger.

(Sell) I'm selling if you mean replace him at the end of this season because I don't think the Longhorns athletic department is ready to make that kind of change. I don't think Chris Del Conte and those that would help him vet a new coach have so much as given it a single thought at this point, which means that a change now might result in Texas getting caught with its pants down, while still owning Herman more than 20 million. Call it whatever you want, but Texas doesn't live in a world where eating 20+ million dollars right after eating Charlie Strong's final two years. What needs to happen is that Del Conte and Co. need to get their ducks in a row, while giving Herman his fourth season, which would allow his first recruiting class to enter its senior season. If you're going to make a change, you have to know what your next five moves on the chess board are and I don't believe Texas knows what its first chess move would make at this stage. Man, I know where you're coming from... trust me, I do... but I'm just not convinced the landscape is quite ready for that.

CDC has gone 22 months in the job without making a list of successors to CTH and / or updating that list? And done nothing to anticipate having to fund a buyout of coaches like CTH, CSS, or other Head Coaches?

source.gif

Good stuff. How do you leave out the cantina scene or pretty much anything with Han?

Han had some really great scenes and I do like the cantina scene but there are scenes I think are better and honestly limiting to just 10 is really hard. I mean I pretty much just decided to use only scenes from the saga films and left off my favorites from Rogue One and Solo and it was still hard to choose just 10 despite there being 3 scenes in Rogue One that could easily make a top 10 list.

You’ve got to be kidding... You mean 80% of the idoits on this board who have never set foot on the Texas campus? In that case, I agree. But among the fanbase in general? I promise you there aren’t more than 10% who think that at this juncture, Tom Herman should be fired.
I think your math is flawed in multiple ways.

CDC has gone 22 months in the job without making a list of successors to CTH and / or updating that list? And done nothing to anticipate having to fund a buyout of coaches like CTH, CSS, or other Head Coaches?

source.gif
Not even close to his highest priority. They literally just extended him.

ADVERTISEMENT