ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Nothing has changed...)

I think it's funny that you believe you know how to do my job better than me after 16 years

My guess is you don't have the first idea what I really do on game days, why it is important and what going to the game impacts the rest of my weekend.
My guess is you don't believe it could be done better.

No. 6 – The Tom Herman section...

The Cougars look like a team that has already peaked and it might only be a matter of time before we stop talking about them as a top 10-15 team.

Clearly, everyone is waiting for the Louisville game, but after losing to Navy and getting pushed to the brink by Tulsa in consecutive weeks, is it a given that the Cougars win the next three to set up that showdown?

Also, is there anything that could happen that would drop Herman’s stock out of the stratosphere? If you’re Texas, USC or LSU, is gobbling up Herman after a 9-3 season an absolute must? What if UH finishes 8-4?

What will it take for his stock to drop to the point he stays put?

I get what you are saying, but he is still a young elite coach in the making. By no means is he Urban Meyer, but he's got potential to be great.

IMO they finish 10-2 and his stock is high as ever.

Reactions: bozans and Number-5
BUY or SELL: Seven could do it?

(Sell) This team still has a lot of ugly football left in it and when it’s all said and done, I think a loss in the season-finale will be the final straw.

Let's paint this picture to see if the 8 win goalpost could possibly be moved by the administration.

Kansas State - W (possibly playing out without QB1)
Baylor - L
Texas Tech - W (they'll be a 3-5 football team on a 4 game losing streak when they face us)
West Virginia - L

That would put the program at 5-5 heading into the final two games against Kansas and TCU. So let's chalk up KU as a win at this point since they're the doormat of the leaguet. If they pull off the upset against TCU, that means they end the season on a 2 game winning streak. They'll be a significant feel good moment at the end of the game and lord knows how the players would react possibly crowd surfing Strong.

i wouldn't discount goal post moving from 8 wins given the context above.

Reactions: bozans
Are we going to have to do this after every game? Hashing through the minutiae of the possibilities of a change in CS job prospects. When, in reality, nothing, if anything, is going to happen until the end of the season.

I know I'm doing my best in-game work this year than ever. The social media content piece doesn't happen if I'm in the stadium. Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about and it's amazing to me that you keep pressing the issue.
Self proclaimed best year? Charlie Strong agrees.

It doesn't even seem like the longhorns won a game yesterday if you visit this board. Pathetic
Reality is what they've been all year. Really good defense last night however. Geoff hasn't responded to me about him saying Jason Garrett is a bad coach though.

I don’t think John Bonney did anything to lose the starting job he entered Saturday night with. I can’t say I saw that coming.

Possibly the best tackler on the team so it's a start. Kid has ability...just needs some more reps/time and I think the light will come on eventually. He was my favorite recruit in his class and I haven't given up on him yet.

I think it's funny that you believe you know how to do my job better than me after 16 years

My guess is you don't have the first idea what I really do on game days, why it is important and what going to the game impacts the rest of my weekend.
In fairness, someone does put out a significantly more detailed and vastly more insightful postgame article than yours every week at just about the same time while attending the game, only to have the title of said article jacked for a truly third-rate piece from a second-rater who's been absolutely woodshedded by Nahlin on the recruiting beat for four years running.

Point being, if you don't make one extra dollar based on the quality of your writing - and you most certainly don't, as the comparative reviews of the Dunlap Ten Thoughts pieces so clearly illustrated - then why not kick back, live a little and go to a game or two? They've even got Plucker's coupons!

In fairness, someone does put out a significantly more detailed and vastly more insightful postgame article than yours every week at just about the same time while attending the game, only to have the title of said article jacked for a truly third-rate piece from a second-rater who's been absolutely woodshedded by Nahlin on the recruiting beat for four years running.

Point being, if you don't make one extra dollar based on the quality of your writing - and you most certainly don't, as the comparative reviews of the Dunlap Ten Thoughts pieces so clearly illustrated - then why not kick back, live a little and go to a game or two? They've even got Plucker's coupons!
F'ing Amen Nobis.

They WON. Excuse me for wanting to accept that. You having a picture of strong holding his head on the front page is ridiculous.

Carry on with your agenda
Accepting it is one thing. Pretending it signified anything even remotely significant is another.

When you can't argue with anything specifically written, by all means, focus on the front page picture.

I am not very old, but a good manager taught me two important lessons early on. Delegate the things that don't matter and be open minded to innovative technology.

My guess is you could go to games if you did the same.

Op reminds of

double-dip-chip.jpg

Reactions: Alfordjm
Multiple reasons.

1. My first responsibility is the site and me being on the board at all times on game day, especially after losses is a key responsibility.

You don't trust us on our own after a day of drinking and crappy Longhorn football?

Accepting it is one thing. Pretending it signified anything even remotely significant is another.

When you can't argue with anything specifically written, by all means, focus on the front page picture.
It's a house divided and nothing will bridge the gap. This will perpetuate into blivion.

In the last 24 hours, I've cranked out three content pieces, two of which don't come close to being recreated anywhere else.

All the while, I've managed the busiest and most rapid message board in the Rivals network.

With all due respect, I'll put the work I've done this weekend against anyone in this market or any other.

… Looking forward to seeing the Connor Williams/Jordan Ellis match-up on Saturday.

I think Jordan Willis plays on K State's left side, the other side from our left, or he has every time I've noticed him.

Charlie may not have to win 8.

Reactions: TexSoul
Every high-level source I’ve spoken with this season has told me that an extension beyond the final two years that Strong has left on his current deal is simply not on the table.
Hardly need a high-level source to confirm that.

Anyone with a pulse knows it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT