ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Nothing has changed...)

a. Good grief. This has been rehashed and rehashed and rehashed.Dd at any point anyone on this staff say that Buechele shouldn't start.

b. Yes, Buechele was seen. Again, rated the best in the state.

What is wrong with everyone tonight?
Defensive? OB had a little drama on Swoopes overtaking Buechlele. Just asking if any of the mods had bothered to go to go one his games to save us the drama he had a high ceiling and would start

It's a different job than mine. I pay him very well to do it. What exactly has crawled up your ass tonight?

What is your real beef? This going to the game thing is incredibly silly.
But, by admission of hiring a guy at a high price to attend and be close as possible to every game, you find value in it? Enough so to pay handsomely?

But, you roaming Twitter and the message boards on game day are more important.

Reactions: Gonzo26
Defensive? OB had a little drama on Swoopes overtaking Buechlele. Just asking if any of the mods had bothered to go to go one his games to save us the drama he had a high ceiling and would start
giphy.gif

Reactions: NorthDallas-40
Ketch,

If Strong gets another season which direction do you think he will go to get a DC. I don't see anyway he can get a top flight DC. I would think he would have to give out another 3 year guaranteed contract like Gilbert.

I can't image administration would be willing to do that if they are not willing to give Strong an extension.

But, by admission of hiring a guy at a high price to attend and be close as possible to every game, you find value in it? Enough so to pay handsomely?

But, you roaming Twitter and the message boards on game day are more important.
I've explained in pretty specific detail why I choose the approach that I choose. You've basically ignored it all. Sleep well tonight, but I'm going to move on.

So your premise is that going to a high school game of a player could show a person that the said high school player would be ready to play against ND 12 months later? You are reaching and showing you have no idea what you are talking about.

How many guys do you think went to watch Shane play in high school? How highly rated was he? How many of those guys would believe your premise? How is watching film any different?

Last edited:
Reactions: Number-5
Ketch,

If Strong gets another season which direction do you think he will go to get a DC. I don't see anyway he can get a top flight DC. I would think he would have to give out another 3 year guaranteed contract like Gilbert.

I can't image administration would be willing to do that if they are not willing to give Strong an extension.
I think he'll want to hire Clint Hurtt.

Joel Embiid was one of the nicest, most thoughtful hoops recruits I've covered. There was a time when Texas was in on him, and he's one of the few five-star-types that ever called me back, remembered my name, etc. I'll be rooting for him.
Super easy guy to root for.

So I guess th
So your premise is that going to a high school game of a player could show a person that the said high school player would be ready to play against ND 12 months later? You are reaching and showing you have no idea what you are talking about.
My premise that is that Buechele is not a surprise this year based on seeing him. If you go back and look at my posts I was on of the few that saw him play him a game and I thought he was a better than any QB had on the roster. I don't recall seeing your posts on any recruit you've seen play

My premise that is that Buechele is not a surprise this year based on seeing him. If you go back and look at my posts I was on of the few that saw him play him a game and I thought he was a better than any QB had on the roster. I don't recall seeing your posts on any recruit you've seen play[/QUOTE]

Hahaha so you are one of those guys. The arm chair quarterback know it all type. Doesn't surprise me from reading your posts just in this thread but my guess is that you fall on your face more times than not.

There were recruiting guys from numerous sites/affiliations at his games along college coaches. How many of them thought he was a can't miss immediate start prospect?

Well I'll be damned Brock just made a clutch throw. Maybe things will be ok.

The site grows with subscribers when there is excitement in the program. Great recruiting typically pushes the needle. Nothing grows the site more than a coaching change, but enduring the three or four seasons of blah pretty much cancels it out. There’s not a site covering the team that wouldn’t gain from seeing a change at the top.
I joined this site three years ago to find out about things going on in the program. I have been a Longhorn fan all my life. What I have found, however, is the posters and the moderators going back-and-forth like my 19-year-old son who played junior high football and my wife who has never played. But that doesn't keep them from knowing everything about football. Supporting Charlie Strong and the players and doing everything to help them build the program back up does not make more money for some people. A coaching change makes more money. So that's what we will continue to hear about.

My premise that is that Buechele is not a surprise this year based on seeing him. If you go back and look at my posts I was on of the few that saw him play him a game and I thought he was a better than any QB had on the roster. I don't recall seeing your posts on any recruit you've seen play

Hahaha so you are one of those guys. The arm chair quarterback know it all type. Doesn't surprise me from reading your posts just in this thread but my guess is that you fall on your face more times than not.

There were recruiting guys from numerous sites/affiliations at his games along college coaches. How many of them thought he was a can't miss immediate start prospect?[/QUOTE]
He was obvious starter. Ketch had him rated number 1 so there's that

It’s amazing that his play hasn’t generated more discussion, but I’m not sure you could ask much more from Shane Buechele than he’s currently giving the Longhorns.

Are you kidding me? Did you not hear the national television and radio sports guys running out of superlatives trying to describe his poise and his beautiful passes after the Notre Dame game? They were falling all over themselves and did so for the next two weeks.

Your game day responsibilities are obviously not understood by many Orangebloods readers. I totally get your position and think you are absolutely correct.

Having said that, you absolutely should go to an occasional UT press conference in my opinion. If you get too far away from the action, you will begin to loose touch. You need to read the crowd from time to time and study their reactions and those of the coaches parading before the assembled masses of your competitors. Your attendance will also help you to better know if and when you need to give direction to your correspondents. Your attendance will also allow you to better nuance your commentary.

I joined this site three years ago to find out about things going on in the program. I have been a Longhorn fan all my life. What I have found, however, is the posters and the moderators going back-and-forth like my 19-year-old son who play junior high football and my wife who has never played. But that doesn't keep them from knowing everything about football. Supporting Charlie Strong in the players and doing everything to help them build the program back up does not make more money for some people. A coaching change makes more money. So that's what we will continue to hear about.
It's not our jobs to support the program. It's our job to cover the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT