ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Pretty much all of this will make A&M heads explode...)

Am I somehow being chastised for something? You are picking a strange battle with this one this morning.

Hakeem would be an African-American. However you want to quantify his makeup is up to you. But unless I'm mistaken, he's not a dual citizen. He's a US Citizen, who eventually represented THIS country in international competition. When your girl does that then get back to me.
You didn't answer the question.

I think the current situation is as fluid as the 2016 situation involving Charlie. My reporting spoke of the situation as it currently stands, not as its un-predetermined final fate might not have it.
It absolutely is not. We already know what we know. The only way fluidity would change things is if Shaka goes on an incredibly hot run and makes the tournament and wins a game or two. Otherwise, if he is fired it’s because of what we already know in January 2019.

It absolutely is not. We already know what we know. The only way fluidity would change things is if Shaka goes on an incredibly hot run and makes the tournament and wins a game or two. Otherwise, if he is fired it’s because of what we already know in January 2019.
I think you are presuming to know more than you might.

I doubt he is. Let's revisit this when we finish 16-15, buried in the bottom half of the Big 12 and without a dance card.
This reminds me of when everyone was convinced that Charlie was gone before the KU game.

I can't make people listen.

You didn't answer the question.

It's not really my place. Hakeem is an American citizen. Does that make him "less African?" F&ck I don't know. What does that even mean? I was a fan of Hakeem way before he even added the "H." Whether he was American or African, I didn't GAF because I thoroughly was a big fan of his. So, if you want to accuse me of somehow wearing a MAGA cap when discussing Osaka then you most certainly would be talking out of your ass. You made a veiled accusatory statement about her lack of respect/whatever from the American people. When the simple matter is 98% of the American public probably can't name a female tennis player not named Williams.

tenor.gif

Reactions: LonghornGary
This reminds me of when everyone was convinced that Charlie was gone before the KU game.

Well, you’re really trying to give yourself an out to be able to say things changed. What, in your mind, would constitute a “Kansas“ moment for Shaka that would change things from what your sources are telling you? Because I have a feeling that most observers would conclude that we’ve already seen it in the form of how this basketball team looks right now, and generally has for the past four years.

Reactions: I Hear Voices
Djoker owns the head to heads against both Roger and Rafa.

That is an incredible reality. He is also younger than both.

Rafa is unlikely to win another major outside of the French (where he won 11 of his 17 Majors). He may have 2 more French's left in him, but my guess is it is probably only 1. His body is just not doing him any favors. Too many years of grinding on the knees and flinging the wrist. The way Djoker played in the Aussie final, he would have beaten Rafa in straight (or maybe 4 sets) on the Clay.

Roger is unlikely to win more than 1 more period. He just does not do as well in the required seven 3 out of 5 set matches anymore. As an older guy, it is tougher to string 7 great matches together. He has more "bad" days. He has to play at his very top level to win against the top 6-8, which did not used to be the case.

Djoker will catch Rafa in total Majors. Even odds he catches Roger, if his elbow stays in good shape (as appears to be the case with the surgery early last year). With Murray retiring, the only other active players who have won a Major are Wawrinka (3), Cilic (1), and Del Potro (1).

Djokovic could end up the greatest for sure, but he does get to enjoy his prime when Rafa and Fed are past theirs.

1. I wasn't necessarily in that group regarding Charlie.
2. Unlike the KU game which even MOST people knew there was no f'n way we would lose, because, well, it was KU, anyone with a working set of eyes can pretty much predict this basketball team isn't going on some magical run to save the season. The team pretty much is lost and, well, simply not that good. It ain't happening.
3. Regarding #2, there's a rather large difference in being at the end of just year 3 for Charlie and year 4 for Shaka.
4. Hey, guess what? If we miss the tourney AND Shaka returns then you can tell us how right you were. But do you really want to be right in this case?

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
9-3 lead in head to head all-time in majors.

14-10 head to head in finals.

Rafa is 5-0 on Clay in those slam finals. Can't fault Federer for losing to younger and greatest clay court player of all time.

Roger's game translates across generations and courts. His records speak for themselves.

GOAT.

It's not really my place. Hakeem is an American citizen. Does that make him "less African?" F&ck I don't know. What does that even mean? I was a fan of Hakeem way before he even added the "H." Whether he was American or African, I didn't GAF because I thoroughly was a big fan of his. So, if you want to accuse me of somehow wearing a MAGA cap when discussing Osaka then you most certainly would be talking out of your ass. You made a veiled accusatory statement about her lack of respect/whatever from the American people. When the simple matter is 98% of the American public probably can't name a female tennis player not named Williams.
The example I used is one that proves how silly and preposterous the conversation of defining someone's "American-ness" by the nationality they choose to represent in sports.

@Ketchum you didn't touch on my question so I'll throw it out here again. UT originally pursued Bru to play both ways. Is that still on the table or is he exclusively on offense moving forward?

Rafa is 5-0 on Clay in those slam finals. Can't fault Federer for losing to younger and greatest clay court player of all time.

Roger's game translates across generations and courts. His records speak for themselves.

GOAT.
just not better than Rafa.

1. I wasn't necessarily in that group regarding Charlie.
2. Unlike the KU game which even MOST people knew there was no f'n way we would lose, because, well, it was KU, anyone with a working set of eyes can pretty much predict this basketball team isn't going on some magical run to save the season. The team pretty much is lost and, well, simply not that good. It ain't happening.
3. Regarding #2, there's a rather large difference in being at the end of just year 3 for Charlie and year 4 for Shaka.
4. Hey, guess what? If we miss the tourney AND Shaka returns then you can tell us how right you were. But do you really want to be right in this case?
1. A LOT of people were, which should serve as a subtle reminder to be careful in assuming anything with this school.

2. The team is about as good as the 2016 team was, maybe very, very marginally better. The larger issues is that the results of this might not define whether he returns or not.

3. rather large? Define rather large.

4. I don't really get off on telling you I'm right. In this moment, I'm merely explaining the way things exist in the present.

The last 3 pages less than 15% of the posts are about football. I was looking forward to Ketch's post so I could be drinking some freshly Bru'd koolaid and hear all about OKsux and Aggiebabies getting jumped in the class rankings. This should be time to have fun not argue over movies or tennis!

Having said that - Okay cool, Hookem!

The last 3 pages less than 15% of the posts are about football. I was looking forward to Ketch's post so I could be drinking some freshly Bru'd koolaid and hear all about OKsux and Aggiebabies getting jumped in the class rankings. This should be time to have fun not argue over movies or tennis!

Having said that - Okay cool, Hookem!
I have no idea why the Naomi Osaka comment put some people on tilt.

Reactions: RTR
That's not quite the point I made during the summer. I merely pointed out that mane had been more productive, especially in Champons League play.

I remember a "F it" type post where you said he was better.

I have no idea why the Naomi Osaka comment put some people on tilt.

In an international sport which country you choose to represent means a lot. I don't have a problem with her, but you can't act like you're surprised when Americans aren't fans.

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
well, he is currently the No.1 winger in the world according to ESPN, so I'm not wrong to champion his greatness.

He is a beast, but Hazard is a top 5 player in the world. Mane isn't and that's ok.

In an international sport which country you choose to represent means a lot. I don't have a problem with her, but you can't act like you're surprised when Americans aren't fans.
Not fans or offering that she's not American.

ADVERTISEMENT