ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Pretty much all of this will make A&M heads explode...)

I have no idea what her nationality is, and I really do not care. But, please don't ever tell me that I'm too patriotic, or that I love my country too much, because I actually cheer for Americans (egad!) in international athletic competition. Alright?
a. She is American. She is an American citizen.

b. That's not quite the conversation I'm having, so apologies if you specifically believe I was suggesting specifically that.

b. That's not quite the conversation I'm having, so apologies if you specifically believe I was suggesting specifically that.
Oh, really?
It's interesting that some define being an American, only if they drape themselves in the flag's colors.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but to a lot of Americans, the pride of representing the stars and stripes means a lot.

Perhaps too much.
I'm not sure what the end game is with this latest political diatribe/rant of yours, but, once again, you've managed to make an ass of yourself by personally insulting your customers who dare to have an opinion different than your own.

Oh, really?

I'm not sure what the end game is with this latest political diatribe/rant of yours, but, once again, you've managed to make an ass of yourself by personally insulting your customers who dare to have an opinion different than your own.
I'm really not on a diatribe or trying to insult anyone. I don't think it's covering new ground to say that some people can be too patriotic, usually cloaking extreme positions in the name of "patriotism".

Patriotism can be defined by many things, which means everyone's perspective can be miles apart. A lot of times, no less right or wrong.

Reactions: I Hear Voices
I suppose it depends on what you mean by doing more. Mane was the team MVP playing on the right two seasons ago and moves to the left with zero ease. He plays the No.10 at times, drops back into midfield frequently and always puts in a shift.

He doesn't require public callouts by the coaches. No one ever questions his attitude.

As far as Champions League play, Hazard has never come close to doing what Mane has for Liverpool.

I feel like it would serve you well to do more homework on this subject. I've found you wanting.

Just to be clear...

Lampard average more goals per game than Gerrard by a 0.05 margin.

Gerrard averaged more assists, big chances created, tackles, tackle success, interceptions, clearances, recoveries and duals won in the air.

Please define outproduced because I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

Mane ranks behind a top five player in the world for the last two seasons and the No.1 defender in the world. That's it. He's rated as the No.1 winger in the world, currently. Mane isn't to be punished because Chelsea lacks elite talent to pair with an elite talent in Hazard.

Hazard isn't better than either Salah or VVD.

that's stating an obvious.

Mane was the best starting player on the pitch in a Champions League final. He produces at levels in the Champions League that Hazard has never delivered.

I'm not sure why you are trying to marginalize the best winger in the world. You're making your argument look personal and not fact-based. Again, I find you wanting to be better at this.

Signed,
noob

Lmao! Keep reading those Twitter feeds bro.

Lmao! Keep reading those Twitter feeds bro.
200.gif

Not when it leads to questioning someone's citizenship, as has been done by numerous people in this thread.
You cannot question her citizenship, she is an American. However, she represents Japan. Therefore, she aligns with Japan in her sport but, she is an American citizen. I thought that is what we were talking about?

You cannot question her citizenship, she is an American. However, she represents Japan. Therefore, she aligns with Japan in her sport but, she is an American citizen. I thought that is what we were talking about?
Basically some people think your nationality boils down to which country you play a sport for. I could get there if we’re talking matters of war and peace, but we’re not. We’re talking sport. She’s a dual-nationality American, just like my fiancée is a dual-nationality Canadian and one day my children may well be British-Americans. Hell, Osaka would still be more American than them because she actually grew up and lived in the United States.

You don’t want to root for her because she plays for Japan, fine. Just don’t question whether she’s American. There are plenty of us who are American and something else besides.

Well, one thing is for sure. If Shaka is not here next year, you don’t have the “it was fluid, things change“ excuse for why your source was wrong. We know what we know already. Shaka is a .500 coach, worse than that in conference, and that’s how things will continue the rest of the year. When he gets fired, you can conclude that your source was either 1) lying to you, or 2) had absolutely no feel at all for the pulse of things in the basketball program. Fair?

Not when it leads to questioning someone's citizenship, as has been done by numerous people in this thread.
So, now you're defending the chosen citizenship of someone you've never met, who would very likely laugh at your nonsensical social justice campaign ITT.

Damn, people.
I know Ketch can “trigger” some on here to no end, but the reaction by some in this thread is rich. He stated that Osaka is a US citizen, and that’s true.

Everything else is just bitching and moaning down a rat hole because she plays internationally for Japan.

Personally, I think she should play for the US, but I’m not going to act like she’s an insidious, two-faced traitor who performed treasonous acts just because she doesn’t.

I thought it was a New Year's resolution to keep from going down these paths.

Thread is whack, jack. Good write-up, though.

1. No. 12 - 2019 Bru McCoy (Santa Ana, Ca.)​
2. No. 23 - 2002 Marquis Johnson (Champaign, IL) BUST
3. No. 31 - 2007 John Chiles (Mansfield Summit) BUST
4. No. 33 - 2019 Jordan Whittington (Cuero)
5. No. 34 - 2010 Mike Davis (Dallas Skyline) Good player not great
6T. No. 41 - 2010 Darius White (Fort Worth Dunbar) BUST
6T No. 41 - 2012 Cayleb Jones (Austin High) BUST
8. No. 44 - 2018 Brennan Eagles (Alief Taylor)
9. No. 48 - 2019 Jake Smith (Scottsdale, Arizona)
10. No. 52 - 2016 Devin Duvernay (Sachse)

IA]

Wow,

Really hoping the 5 new guys pan out a good deal better than 4 of the 5 old guys.

Damn, people.
I know Ketch can “trigger” some on here to no end, but the reaction by some in this thread is rich. He stated that Osaka is a US citizen, and that’s true.

Everything else is just bitching and moaning down a rat hole because she plays internationally for Japan.

Personally, I think she should play for the US, but I’m not going to act like she’s an insidious, two-faced traitor who performed treasonous acts just because she doesn’t.

This^^^^

Too bad that the official that watched Malcolm Brown's tightrope walk for a touchdown or the ref in the Lopez-Thurman fight wasn't on the field for the Saints-Rams game.

Last edited:
Reactions: I Hear Voices
Because she represents Japan in the Olympics doesn't mean she doesn't also represent America.

They are not mutually exclusive.

So, now you're defending the chosen citizenship of someone you've never met, who would very likely laugh at your nonsensical social justice campaign ITT.
I'll defend the citizenship of all citizens of this country, whether I've met them or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT