ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Sam Ehlinger is playing historically good football...)

It’s a seemingly impossible task to name the Top 10 Queen songs. So I would have put “Tie Your Mother Down” on there somewhere. But yours is a damn fine list.

It’s a seemingly impossible task to name the Top 10 Queen songs. So I would have put “Tie Your Mother Down” on there somewhere. But yours is a damn fine list.
It was the last song out. Should have made it 10b.;)

I remember a few years ago when the QB's task was to manage the game, not win the game. I guess when you don't have a QB that can win games, then you ask him to mange it. Of course, very few teams have won anything with a managing QB. Nice that UT finally has elevated its QB play to where other winning programs find success, with a QB that can win games.

Would one consider that a string of bad luck or poor choices at that position?

I remember a few years ago when the QB's task was to manage the game, not win the game. I guess when you don't have a QB that can win games, then you ask him to mange it. Of course, very few teams have won anything with a managing QB. Nice that UT finally has elevated its QB play to where other winning programs find success, with a QB that can win games.

Would one consider that a string of bad luck or poor choices at that position?
Those two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

BUY or SELL: No matter how talented your defensive backs are in the Big 12, the league is destined to continue having high scoring offense dominated games into the foreseeable future?

(Buy) It's the Big 12 ... duh.
@Ketchum
I've been hearing this for several weeks now, and even from Tom Herman, as if to excuse the bad play of the defense in the latter half of our season. But does anybody remember last year? Last year we played EVEN MORE ELITE offenses and QBs, and our defense held tough. So why are we now shrugging and saying "that's just the Big 12, can't do anything about it" when we DID do something about it last year?

@Ketchum
I've been hearing this for several weeks now, and even from Tom Herman, as if to excuse the bad play of the defense in the latter half of our season. But does anybody remember last year? Last year we played EVEN MORE ELITE offenses and QBs, and our defense held tough. So why are we now shrugging and saying "that's just the Big 12, can't do anything about it" when we DID do something about it last year?
It requires elite defensive talent, something Texas had more of last year.

Reactions: JHop6714
Speaking of the Sixers...
And yet Embiid is less meaningful to the big picture of the NBA than almost every player mentioned... sometimes stats are simply stats. Kevin Love used to average like 28/16 or something crazy like that year after year too. Embiid’s impact on the greater game has yet to be felt.

Have no idea why I’m commenting on this... lol... I don’t really care... guess it just struck me as an interesting dichotomy.

10. Spread Your Wings
9. The Great Pretender
8. Under Pressure
7. Fat Bottomed Girls
6. Somebody to Love
5. Get Down, Make Love
4. Another One Bites the Dust
3. We Will Rock You
2. We Are The Champions
1. Bohemian Rhapsody

In memory of, here are a few more tremendous songs to consider.

If the youngsters want to know just how good James Street was all they have to do is watch the Texas vs Arkansas '69 & Texas vs ND '70 for the Nat'l Championship to know just how good the man was when it mattered most. One of the all time college greats. I still get goose-bumps watching those games. Street had the heart of a lion.

And yet Embiid is less meaningful to the big picture of the NBA than almost every player mentioned... sometimes stats are simply stats. Kevin Love used to average like 28/16 or something crazy like that year after year too. Embiid’s impact on the greater game has yet to be felt.

Have no idea why I’m commenting on this... lol... I don’t really care... guess it just struck me as an interesting dichotomy.
k.

I don't think it's just a DB issue Texas has, but that's a fair point.

But you are right, It is big. Hopefully we can build a half-time lead because of his "dumb" mistake.

Sometimes I wish we would play 4 down low and cover 0 press; making the QB make the perfect throw. But then again, I cringe at playing Cover 0 with our guys....

But if WVU loses to OU and then beats OU there will be a three way tie for first, assuming we win out. Don’t know the tie breaker but I bet we are out.

Heard the tie breaker for three-way-tie is how each team fared against the other 2. WVU would be 2-0, UT would be 1-1, and OU would be 0-2 in that scenario. Of course, UT has to win out. It is interesting because ISU is in the running if they beat UT. They could also be in a 3-way tie.

It requires elite defensive talent, something Texas had more of last year.

It could be that Orlando is hanging in there like crazy. Name someone on the defense that has seemed elite in the last 3-game stretch and against OU. Injuries and suspensions have played a factor as well. Did the back ups step up? Maybe Cook...but he struggled in the second to last series of the Tech game. Of course, Vasher was a handful and would be for anyone. The point being that the defensive play from each level has not been inspiring as of late. People constantly call for starters like Locke and Wheeler to be replaced, but the back ups simply have not been better thus far, especially at LB or in the secondary...at least to my eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT