ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The best hire of Tom Herman's career?)

They went out and got Herman. EVERYONE thought he was the hottest coach alive at the time, and we all wanted him. I'll never forget sitting there that night, reading on the ESPN ticker that LSU had beaten us to him. It was like a gut punch. But, the Texas admin went out and got their man, which is exactly like this situation.

So, you have to give credit where credit is due. And now that we're in the same situation again, four years later (except this time, just about everyone involved with the university is aligned on how to handle it), all we can do is trust the process. All of the sites have been reporting the same things. Herman is as good as gone, and Urban is on the radar.

Though, winning out and winning the Big 12 championship wouldn't do us any favors in that regard, it sounds like.

Just say a prayer to God and send an email to CDC.

Fire Herman.

Hire Urban.
That's fair.

Reactions: swlonghorn
8-2 would be enough to retain Herman but man, losing to TCU is really going to hurt recruiting. That’s when all the recruits seen enough. They seen a three star team beat and out coach a 4 and 5 star team.
That TCU game was a killer.

Allen Ludden of Password for 15 years. Texas Ex and husband of the eternal Betty White.

About 1967 some rube contestant introduced himself as being from "Oklahoma, home of the greatest college football". Ludden went into a cold death stare for about 2 seconds and then quipped, "I disagree with that." then completely turned his back on the guy until the break. I was only 9 years old when I saw this but never forgot it. Learned he was a Longhorn when he died and it suddenly made sense.
:)

The only people that would be ticked off at a Meyer hire would be Mr. & Mrs. Herman
People that value the protection of women and frown upon men who enable and protect abusers might be ticked off, to be fair.

I just did a "best of" search on Youtube for Pat Sajak.

There weren't any clips worth sharing, which is kind of the point.

I'd think there's a very good chance.
It really does seem like the stars are aligning to get Texas back on top. Urban Meyer is available, he already has his favorite DC working at Texas, and the University has the support from the Board, fans, and president. The only problem is firing a coach in a pandemic who didn’t really get a fair shake (But neither did engine else) and is showing flashes of progress.

That was the second game of the season. Since Alabama, the scores of their games have been:

41-38 over Florida (one of the best wins anyone has all season)
28-14 at Miss St.
42-31 over Arkansas
48-3 at South Carolina.

Hanging onto the performance in the second game of the season from September is an interesting confirmation bias to hang onto. ;)
C'mon, Ketch. You originally stated "every game". Then, you asked which were not impressive. I gave you the correct answer. Now, you're spinning things.

Just accept it for what it is. It shouldn't be that difficult to just sa "I forgot about the Vanderbilt game". :cool:

C'mon, Ketch. You originally stated "every game". Then, you asked which were not impressive. I gave you the correct answer. Now, you're spinning things.

Just accept it for what it is. It shouldn't be that difficult to just sa "I forgot about the Vanderbilt game". :cool:
I said every game I had "watched". I don't remember watching the Vandy game. ;)

Technically, you're wrong about the technicalities. :)

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
I said every game I had "watched". I don't remember watching the Vandy game. ;)

Technically, you're wrong about the technicalities. :)
Well go to youtube and watch the game against Vanderbilt, and then you can provide your insight in next week's "Ten Thoughts + 1 Retraction" . . . :p

Well go to youtube and watch the game against Vanderbilt, and then you can provide your insight in next week's "Ten Thoughts + 1 Retraction" . . . :p
C'mon, Moooooo. I originally stated "I'm impressed every time I've watched them this season.". Then, I asked which game were they not impressive. You gave me a correct answer, but that fell outside of the range of games I watched this season. Now, you're spinning things.

Just accept it for what it is. It shouldn't be that difficult to just say "It's fair because you didn't actually watch the Vanderbilt game".😅

No. 4 - A stat I just don't understand ...

For sure I have no idea what might be a logical explanation for our lack of use of Moore against WVU. Or in any game for that matter.

(Sell) For the first time, though, I'm seriously wondering about it.

I'm not. I like Sam but after this season most are ready to move on. Year 5 isn't going to make him any more attractive to the NFL.

I'm not. I like Sam but after this season most are ready to move on. Year 5 isn't going to make him any more attractive to the NFL.
Us being ready doesn't matter as much as whether he's ready.

His NFL stock is in the trash right now.

C'mon, Moooooo. I originally stated "I'm impressed every time I've watched them this season.". Then, I asked which game were they not impressive. You gave me a correct answer, but that fell outside of the range of games I watched this season. Now, you're spinning things.

Just accept it for what it is. It shouldn't be that difficult to just say "It's fair because you didn't actually watch the Vanderbilt game".😅
How are we supposed to know which games you watched, and which ones you didn't? How could you not have watched their first SEC game of the year? There were even numerous threads on the board discussing it that same evening.

Show me the best pat Sajak moment.

source.gif

Perhaps?

Reactions: Austin7980
Okay, I'll show my age. Dick Gottlieb, host of Darts For Dough would make my list. Late '40s in Houston.
Yeah, we had TV then.

Outside of longevity, what was so great about the job Trebek did? I thought he was pompous and lacked personality. He didn't really add much to the show in my opinion.

I know that won't be popular coming on the heels of his passing.

Maybe his demeaning demeanor was just the right fit for a show with high IQ contestants.

You are 100-percent correct. We talked all off-season about the problematic areas of not having a practice throughout the off-season.
Sure, of course. It just seems as if all the factors are now falling together at the same time - the team is catching up to where it should be execution-wise after all the missed reps, and the coaches are actually developing the players.

It'd be nice to see the pace pick up on offense.

How are we supposed to know which games you watched, and which ones you didn't? How could you not have watched their first SEC game of the year? There were even numerous threads on the board discussing it that same evening.
Well, I suppose you could ask, "Did you see the Vanderbilt game?"

I believe I had quite a few Texas/Tech Texas post-game commitments for much of that game.

Reactions: Change My Name
Sure, of course. It just seems as if all the factors are now falling together at the same time - the team is catching up to where it should be execution-wise after all the missed reps, and the coaches are actually developing the players.

It'd be nice to see the pace pick up on offense.
100-percent agreed.

Well, I suppose you could ask, "Did you see the Vanderbilt game?"

I believe I had quite a few Texas/Tech Texas post-game commitments for much of that game.
By the time I read your thoughts, someone else had already commented that you probably hadn't watched many A&M games. Then, you replied to them asking "which ones weren't impressive" (still assuming we knew which games you had watched)? At that time, you could have clarified your original ambiguous statement by replying that you had watched every A&M game EXCEPT Vanderbilt; but, you didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT