ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The contract for my No.1 expires soon)

Another name that is rarely mentioned yet he is a damn good coach is Dan Mullen. Great coach stuck at a school that is near impossible to recruit to and win consistently in same division as Alabama and LSU. Struggling this year after losing Dak, but I think Mullen could do very well at Texas.

Reactions: Topcat79 and dshack
Harbaugh will get an extension and stay in the pros. UT will not touch Kelly with a ten foot pole. They will probably talk to the agents of Petersen, Sweeney and Harsin, but in the end I think Herman will be the guy because the loss to a 5-1 Navy team on the road and a loss to an improved SMU team with some good coaching will not hurt his sock one iota in the eyes of the guys who count. Peron knows Tom well.

Hook'em
and what will the Hermanites be saying after Houston happens to get beat by Louisville and Memphis?

Last edited:
That's because your source was right. On the other hand, mystery butthurt high level source, not so much. He was just butthurt and you got played.

He made you look bad, own up to the error in judgement and people will probably move on.
How did that person make me look ridiculous by expressing THEIR point of view? The only thing ridiculous is your rejection of an level opinion that isn't yours.

Reactions: utlonghorn123
The 2015 class is turning out to be a head scratcher. As for Baylor, I can verify that. They are pissed and actually believe Texas is what got Briles fired then add their recruits came here, makes it worse. What is perceived is no one outside of UT believed Strong was the right hire and all believe he was a token hire and the money is pulling e strings here. While I know that's that's not the case Strong looking bad now doesn't help.
Baylor is all in on the conspiracy theory, and that team had an extra week to prepare for Saturday's game

No doubt there's a lot of butt hurt in fantasy leagues. It's comical. It's funny that people take so personal something that you can just go create another version of anytime, anywhere. It's fun to vent about it and have some good natured crowing, but man, I've never seen guys act so sensitive and take something to a whole other level that's so meaningless.
Man, you wouldn't believe the hurt feelings in our league. 1/4 of the owners have threatened to leave after this year over stupid things,

@Ketchum you've done a lot of music playlists over the years. Seems like the one genre you haven't ventured down much is EDM.

Conquer your fears and wander down the dark side. I can shoot a few artists/albums your way, if needed.
Go for it.

Did your source check in with analysis re: Perrin's support during the debacle in the Little Apple?
tumblr_llc83vs52z1qdxwduo1_500.jpg

I don't understand this logic. Why would you want to do away with it when that is what most all of these kds have played and know to something totally foreign to them and expect to raise their level of play ? I would think the most logic solution would be to learn how to shut it down on defense but keep the spread it can be entertaining a lot of times
That's fair. But imagine a power pro style offense in the big 12 ran by someone like Harbaugh. Over under 300 running yards a game?Most importantly, it'd actually give our D rest and when we play against someone with a pro style offense in a bowl game (Alabama, Michigan), we wouldnt get run over.

Reactions: horns--21
That's not fair. He has been hurt. If you would have paid attention and watched him during warm ups, you would have known he wasn't going to play against Kansas State. His limping when he moved was quite noticeable.

While he did take a couple reps in the game, those reps must have been hurting reps pain wise.
It's fair.

@Ketchum I think a name that is back on the rise after a couple of sub par years is Gus Malzahn. Guy is an offensive wiz and we need that in this league. Pair Malzahn with a DC like Chizik or Deyuter and Texas might have a winning combo.
I don't think people trust his being back enough yet.

Another name that is rarely mentioned yet he is a damn good coach is Dan Mullen. Great coach stuck at a school that is near impossible to recruit to and win consistently in same division as Alabama and LSU. Struggling this year after losing Dak, but I think Mullen could do very well at Texas.
Have not thought of him. I love the Urban tree so I'm intrigued. I admittedly don't know much about him.

Good article. I've posted multipl times that I feel like the players have quit buying into CS and his plan. They better get off their ass and hire an AD before the end of the season and let him pick the new coach but I'm guessing that our President et al think they know best and we will end of hiring another transitional HC. We are looking at several more years of mediocrity. I predicted this when they finally ousted Brown. It would be the third coach who finally turns it around. I just underwent a quadruple bypass and I really wanted to live long enough to see us at the top of the football world again.

1. John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens): His contract expires after the end of this season and the Ravens do not look like a playoff team at this point. With a Super Bowl ring on his finger, he could be looking for a new challenge in his career and if the Longhorns wanted to break the bank, Texas could make him an offer Baltimore might not want to match. He’s making seven million a year in Baltimore. For those wondering if he would do well in college, I’ve told this story before, but I was around him for an hour in Baltimore a couple years ago when he spoke to 100 of the best high school players in the country and by the time he was done, he had those kids eating out of the palm of his hands. You’d never have to worry about a team being well-coached and not being great at the details ever again. Be bold and dare to be great.

IN on this one....would be a great pickup and talk about a name. I am not yet sold on Herman and still in the anyone but Strong camp.

Herman is still an unproven commodity to me and Texas should swing for a name like Harbuagh.

But, we will screw it up again and end up with neither Harbaugh nor Herman.

@Ketchum ...You think Harbaugh's O's would score enough to win in the Big12? I agree with your thinking on him if we didn't play in a flag football league, but we do and that worries me a little.

@Ketchum

I do agree that Harbaugh would be a great coach but his his offensive philosophy will have to change to compete in Big12.

If you are going to write that Morris ran circles around Herman then you should have added...

Tom Herman ran circles around Jimbo Fisher and Bob Stoopes.

We haven't even seen what Herman can do against Norvell and Petrino yet. Let's hold off for now on who can run circles around who. Herman needs to win those games.

Man, you wouldn't believe the hurt feelings in our league. 1/4 of the owners have threatened to leave after this year over stupid things,
Believe me, I do understand. It's an epidemic in America.

Screw it. Biggest story in the entire sports world for 2017 is if you could convince Peyton Manning to take the reins.
Duh...I know he has never coached but he has run camps and there can be no doubt about his football IQ.
And he has a huge personality.
Texas is in dire need of something HUGE after Mack mailed it in for his last three years and Charlie being in way over his head for three years.
Gotta have HUGE.
Peyton.

I like your thinking outside of the box. Our BMDs need to be creative and thoughtful as they choose a new coach.

Mike MacIntyre is guy who won't be at Colorado very long. Bill Parcell coaching tree that has turned around 2 god awful programs, San Jose State and now Colorado. He is recruiting well and coaching up players. Runs a spread type offense with young co offensive coordinators with back grounds in the Texas Tech scheme.

1990–1991 Georgia (GA)
1992 Davidson (DC)

1993–1996 UT Martin (DC)

1997–1998 Temple (DC)
1999–2000 Ole Miss (WR)
2001-2002 Ole Miss (DB)
2003–2006 Dallas Cowboys (DB)
2007 New York Jets (DB)
2008–2009 Duke (DC)
2010–2012 San Jose State
2013–present Colorado

Last edited:
A guy who hasn't coached in college in almost 2 decades isn't any sure thing. Harbaugh is a 100% pro coach with no recruiting connections. His college experience consists of last being a position coach many years ago. I'm also not sure how he would adapt to the college style and the big 12 spread offenses

I don't dislike the guy but it's a massive fantasty. He's likely not getting fired in Baltimore and even if he did he would instantly get another NFL head job making a ton. It was rumored in 2015 USC wanted him and be had no interest in college

He fired his OC after 3 games this year.. And has lost 4 in a row.. And has no offensive mind set...

We have that guy right now.... Why fire Charlie to go hire another Charlie..

Harbaugh won't be the UT coach in 2017, guaranteed... No need to worry..

More likely we'll have Fedora, Harsin, Fuente, Herman or an outside possibility of Gary Patterson.. Or someone like that..

Mike MacIntyre is guy who won't be at Colorado very long. Bill Parcell coaching tree that has turned around 2 god awful programs, San Jose State and now Colorado. He is recruiting well and coaching up players. Runs a spread type offense with young co offensive coordinators with back grounds in the Texas Tech scheme.

1990–1991 Georgia (GA)
1992 Davidson (DC)

1993–1996 UT Martin (DC)

1997–1998 Temple (DC)
1999–2000 Ole Miss (WR)
2001-2002 Ole Miss (DB)
2003–2006 Dallas Cowboys (DB)
2007 New York Jets (DB)
2008–2009 Duke (DC)
2010–2012 San Jose State
2013–present Colorado

I can see that.

Sure, give him a quick call.

Completely agree. We are a shit show. Great list of what-ifs, but who leaves their current job to jump into the frying pan in Austin. We got BDMs cutting side deals with Saban, No AD, fan base that is never happy.....where do you stop the list detractors?
Why should the fan base be happy? 2009 is seven years in the rear view, 2005 now just history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT