ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The impact of losing Ochaun Mathis)

They just got here in January of last year. They mostly individually have lot's of past track records of developing players and teams at various levels. Did they all forget how to when they got to Austin?
I think this should be the year that gets answered.

It's really hard to not feel like we're projecting Herman's failures, Strong's failures and Mack's failures late in his tenure on a new staff.
Perhaps, but would Tom Herman have gone 5-7 last year. I think probably not.

Reactions: darrenj
What a disappointment over the weekend for the Longhorn baseball team! After gassing Baylor the previous weekend and being gassed by OSU in a similar manner makes one wonder which team is the real one. Regarding Pearce, wasn't it two years ago when the Longhorns did not win enough conference games to make the Big 12 Tournament? Yet, you say he is safe. As a longtime baseball fan, I believe there are better baseball coaches at TCU and Texas Tech than at UT. If UT can't win big in baseball, basketball, and in football, with all of its resources, is it not out of the question to consider the leadership of the athletic director? From my perspective, I feel the time has arrived.

What a disappointment over the weekend for the Longhorn baseball team! After gassing Baylor the previous weekend and being gassed by OSU in a similar manner makes one wonder which team is the real one. Regarding Pearce, wasn't it two years ago when the Longhorns did not win enough conference games to make the Big 12 Tournament? Yet, you say he is safe. As a longtime baseball fan, I believe there are better baseball coaches at TCU and Texas Tech than at UT. If UT can't win big in baseball, basketball, and in football, with all of its resources, is it not out of the question to consider the leadership of the athletic director? From my perspective, I feel the time has arrived.
I think deep down we know which team is the real team. You can't hide the pitching issues.

I'm not sure how we can control that. She always showed up on her own accord. We were trying to have a conversation about other stuff today and she was literally hijacking the chat with discussion about Ochaun.

It wasn't completely ideal.
I get it…perhaps make it a policy to not address parents/agents/etc. on podcasts. Hijacking your podcasts has at least a 50% chance of y'all being used.

Move Alfred Collins to Edge. He most definitely can rush the passer.

It is really mind-bottling that Ryan Neblitt placed 4th with 10.41.
Let me help you with this: "Its really mind-BOGGLING that Ryan Neblitt placed 4th with a 10.41 in HIGH SCHOOL!!!"

Way too much doom and gloom. This is one player we lost out on. How about trusting the coaches? It’s only their 2nd year. If Nebraska spent more NIL money and TX didn’t want to, that’s ok by me. I’ve said it before, NIL and the portal are going to kill college football. No loyalty, It’s all about “show me the love and the money”. These kids are getting full scholarships to one of the best universities in the country, right? Guess that’s not enough. It’s going to take all the fun out of college football, and maybe all college sports. I know NIL is great for Bloods, and that’s great,, but one things for certain-just when you think you’ve got it figured out, you don’t.
Never heard people proposing this when coaches were being paid multi-million dollars to move from school to school. Only hear it when the valued commodity (players) is being paid. Its a free-market economy as long as the people in control can make money,,, but as soon as the valuable asset (players) are able to make money off their personal talent and sweat-equity they bring to the table,,, NOW, all of a sudden something is wrong with the white-moral-america-free-market concept. Cause now a bunch of non-white folk can take advantage... Again! This is the problem with capitalism. The people with money always want to limit erbody else's ability to make money (with their rules and regulations) as opposed to letting the market dictate value. And I'm not against capitalism. I'm against white folk always tryin to change things to their comfort, pleasure and advantage at the discomfort, displeasure and disadvantage of other non-white people. Sure you dont like it. You want athletes to be treated like slaves for your exploitation, pleasure and entertainment. Doesnt matter that its wrong and its always been wrong based on what America declares herself to be. Just let me be comfortable. They should be greatful for a scholarship (that carries a paltry value of barely over 40k for in-state students over 4 years). 4 years of players running, sweating, lifting, attending meetings, studying and giving max effort year-round which garners multi-billion dollars to some top-tier institutions like Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Bama. You should be ashamed for even thinking the old system was better. Its was exploitive and unfair.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT