Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The Ultimate Colin Simmons Breakdown)

I go back to the aftermath of the 09 title game when Mack decided to change every aspect of his program and go backwards to try to be like Bama and that to me is about the time I feel Texas lost it’s identity and it wouldn’t get that back until it hired CDC, until Hartzell became president, until Eltife got everyone on board, and Texas swallowed its pride to go after Urban. Texas is now aligned, has a vision, and most importantly has consistency inside the football program for the first time in forever.

You said: "College athletics has been heading to a world of three or four super conferences for more than a decade."

I have always said something similar, but I always assumed before that the PAC-10 would be one of the four, certainly over ACC or Big12. That is the surprise.

I go back to the aftermath of the 09 title game when Mack decided to change every aspect of his program and go backwards to try to be like Bama and that to me is about the time I feel Texas lost it’s identity and it wouldn’t get that back until it hired CDC, until Hartzell became president, until Eltife got everyone on board, and Texas swallowed its pride to go after Urban. Texas is now aligned, has a vision, and most importantly has consistency inside the football program for the first time in forever.
Completely agree.
I have a love/hate opinion of Mack & live in town w/ other guys that feel the exact same way.
Mack’s decision after the Bama title game to push the program to a power running one, but had the best QB recruit from a spread perspective is unreal.

surprise-whats-in-the-box.gif

Completely agree.
I have a love/hate opinion of Mack & live in town w/ other guys that feel the exact same way.
Mack’s decision after the Bama title game to push the program to a power running one, but had the best QB recruit from a spread perspective is unreal.

History shows Gilbert simply was average at best as a QB. For Texas he was even worse

the true outcome will be whether OB sends anyone to cover the announcement. If so I like our chances, if not....then you already know.
Yep, or early worlds get out like the recent Gipson recruitment which I didn't even wait for.

Hopefully this is a lose one, win one senerio. 🤘

I get the sense that Steve Sarkisian is waiting on C.J. Baxter to take the running back job away from everyone else. Just what the tea leaves look like to me.
You are probably right, but...J Brooks has shown me enough that I would give him every chance to be back #1...and I was a doubter at one time. Brooks is sneaky good imho. Using multiple backs makes sense to me for many reasons, especially this year. Even when we had the best back in college football, spelling Bijan with Roshon was good for the team and good for Bijan.

still need to see The Sound of Freedom so I can see where it ranks in your top 10.

Reactions: Ajaa23
You couldn’t pay me to watch Oppenheimer again. I walked out after a couple of hours out of shear boredom. I understand that almost no one agrees with me. I thought the focus on the hearings and his love life were totally uninteresting.

Honorable Mention: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sixth Sense, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Inception, Avengers: Infinity War, Chinatown, Whiplash, The Sound of Music, There Will Be Blood and Citizen Kane
Great war room!

These could also be on the honorable mention list imho, if best ending includes 'memorable endings':
Planet of the Apes (Heston)
Von Ryan's Express (Sinatra)
Field of Dreams
Batman Rises
The Sting
The Alamo (both)
El Cid
Braveheart
Wizard of Oz

Last edited:
You couldn’t pay me to watch Oppenheimer again. I walked out after a couple of hours out of shear boredom. I understand that almost no one agrees with me. I thought the focus on the hearings and his love life were totally uninteresting.
I was right there with you. Didn’t do it but considered it. Waste to see it on imax. I think my expectations were very different than the movie. Might watch it again on TV when it comes out. No way I would see it again on the big screen.

Reactions: srl and EC Ricebird
I don't disagree.

Reactions: Jmarti512
Why is this a narrative? I certainly don't know it all, but everything I heard them say was along the lines of "we gotta play great, other teams are really good".

I'm sure they worked really hard training and practicing also. I mean, what are we talking about?
He doesn’t like them because they are political and kneel. Just my educated guess
We all know it goes much deeper than that for these types of posters - unfortunately.

You said: "College athletics has been heading to a world of three or four super conferences for more than a decade."

I have always said something similar, but I always assumed before that the PAC-10 would be one of the four, certainly over ACC or Big12. That is the surprise.
No doubt. Totally agree.