ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Trying not to be too hyperbolic, but...)

While I wholeheartedly agree the only comparison was the fact that they both danced a lot before they finally took off. Bijan will have issues in the league if he doesn't fix that part of his game. JMO
Nah. He's a beast and beasts will beast.

Reactions: EYESOFDEATH40
After a decade and a half of wandering in the wilderness, we finally hit paydirt with an O-line coach. Kyle Flood is proving to be an A+ hire in both recruiting and development.
He's what so many others were supposed to be.

Reactions: kwayne64
@Ketchum

talent wise I would rank him 3rd all time here above Cedric

earl
Ricky
Bijan

and I’m actually pretty close between Ricky and him because of how diverse his skill set is - he just isn’t getting as many touches per game and that’s ok

one slight statistical ding to benson is how much better his ypc goes when Vince comes in with him and they have to worry so much about him running to the outside or as a play breaks down - he was no longer the focal point defenses needed to worry about and that made a big jump in his efficiency

but I’d go third
Ricky was such a powerhouse. It's almost hard to label what he had.

I think my point is that everyone is assuming he's gone but I'm not sure that is guaranteed. NIL is a game changer. He also might be motivated to stay and win a trophy. Seems like VY regrets coming out early.
He's gone. He'll have an agent in his ear explaining why.

You can definitely make a case for best player, although that gets into apples and oranges when you start comparing guys at different positions (as one example, Justin Tucker may be the best at his position of all time, but likely wouldn't cross most people's minds.)

I would absolutely say he's the best offensive skill position player we've had since VY.
Colt?

might be the greatest reply to a post ever.
Take A Bow Thank You GIF by Iliza

Anyone who doesn’t believe Bijan belongs among the great running backs in Texas Football history should be committed. There is some serious mental deficiency if someone can’t recognize the greatness and just how special a talent Bijan has been.
I know when I’m gone, my son will talk to his kids about when he and I watched Bijan play at Texas. That’s how special he is and will continue to be.

How has nobody mentioned The Campaign with Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis? It's got TWO fantastic dinner scenes in one clip. One of the funniest scenes of all times is Zach's family dinner.

How has nobody mentioned The Campaign with Will Farrell and Zach Galifianakis? It's got TWO fantastic dinner scenes in one clip. One of the funniest scenes of all times is Zach's family dinner.

It was mentioned in the thread earlier.

@Ketchum Great TTFTW!

I actually watched most of the Man City Liverpool match. Dammit soccer, you got me!

I am a little miffed how you scoffed at my “Bijan was trying to earn a trip to NY” take a couple of weeks ago and now YOU mentioned Bijan and NY… smdh

@Ketchum Great TTFTW!

I actually watched most of the Man City Liverpool match. Dammit soccer, you got me!

I am a little miffed how you scoffed at my “Bijan was trying to earn a trip to NY” take a couple of weeks ago and now YOU mentioned Bijan and NY… smdh
where did I mention Bijan and NY?

I only said Corum is probably the running back most likely to end in NY.

No. 10 - And Finally ...

Call me crazy, but I think Kelvin Banks and Christian Jones have been the best two tackles I've seen in the Big 12 this year.

There... I said it.

==================================================================

Would you say that the offensive line in total is the biggest area of improvement from 2021 to 2022? I've been over the moon happy with what I've seen, mainly because I wasn't expecting that much.

But, if you believe in signature drives, or defining moments, that 6 minute drive in the 4th quarter Saturday with the game on the line was so nice to watch (at least on a rewatch when I knew we were going to score and then win the game). The only thing that would have made it better is if we had blown ISU's defense up on the 3rd down play and scored on the ground.

No. 10 - And Finally ...

Call me crazy, but I think Kelvin Banks and Christian Jones have been the best two tackles I've seen in the Big 12 this year.

There... I said it.

==================================================================

Would you say that the offensive line in total is the biggest area of improvement from 2021 to 2022? I've been over the moon happy with what I've seen, mainly because I wasn't expecting that much.

Tight end play would be there. So would the play of the interior defensive line.,

The man would drop 300+ at any given time and every single one of those yards would be needed.
Everyone knew he was getting the ball and guys just didn’t even want to tackle him by the end of the games. He made guys quit.

Per Bijan, I wonder if (dream, actually)...with the new NIL landscape...there is anything Texas boosters can do to make staying 1 more year difficult for Robinson to pass up. I mean, he's already driving a Lamborghini, has his own mustard on the shelves at H.E.B and has made untold amounts of money on other endorsements (all the while, having his pick of the most beautiful coeds on campus). Why can't we convince him to stay one more year?

Per Bijan, I wonder if (dream, actually)...with the new NIL landscape...there is anything Texas boosters can do to make staying 1 more year difficult for Robinson to pass up. I mean, he's already driving a Lamborghini, has his own mustard on the shelves at H.E.B and has made untold amounts of money on other endorsements (all the while, having his pick of the most beautiful coeds on campus). Why can't we convince him to stay one more year?
That young man needs to get to the NFL and his second contract as soon as possible and we need to wish him the best in the process.

ADVERTISEMENT