Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Very good isn't good enough)

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
How did the BBQ adventure go by the way?
I did Pinkertons and Corkscrew on back to back days.

I thought the pork ribs at Pinkertons stole the show. The brisket and sausage were great, but the ribs were special. If I had gone back the next day, I might have just gone all-in on the ribs.

On the other hand, didn't really love the ribs at Corkscrew, but I thought the jalapena sausage was one of the best I've ever had. I wanted more. Brisket was a 9.5 out of 10.

EdSimmonsPants

Yuge BDC Member
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2013
Coastal Bend
Did you start the Luka thread?
Nope, but that kid hasn't done much since his freshman year and he ain't gonna hold up to the beating he's gonna get in the NFL. I love who he could be, but I don't see him lasting, JMO. I knew he would get drafted, but. the 1st and 2nd round grades he got were too high IMO.

champ6369

--------------------------------------------------
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2003
HuffTex said:

In the next 2 NFL drafts, a total of 12 Texas players get drafted....doesn't matter how many each year, and it could include eligible juniors leaving in 2023....

(Sell) That number feels a little too high for me.

No way that many get drafted who originally signed with Texas. But it wouldn't surprise me if Sark brought in several one-year transfers for 2022 season that will be drafted in some round. So it could happen.

Reactions: blk240

EC Ricebird

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2020
Sell) I think there are a lot of questions that could be asked of the report that was released and why the school refused to hire an independent, outsourced committee to handle the research and the overall task. I'm not sure I would point the finger at a professor that had perhaps the most impossible task of anyone associated with the project if we're keeping it 100.
Absurd. The whole TEOT nonsense was always a woke-invented, fake news affair by people who wanted to be their own hero. Read The True Believer.

jjgutz

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2014
Hats off to the young dude with his spunky, confident, determined mating dance.

Reactions: whitenoize

kwayne64

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2011
This seemingly gets said every year.
Well, we haven't exactly gotten elite coaching in any of those years. Texas didn't lose to OU and ISU in close games that came down to the last possessions because those teams had a definitive edge in talent. Hopefully, this crew can make a difference.

Reactions: Duanej6

HookemColorado

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2021
If we don't have 12 draft picks over the next two drafts it probably means Sarkisian isn't doing his job.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Well, we haven't exactly gotten elite coaching in any of those years. Texas didn't lose to OU and ISU in close games that came down to the last possessions because those teams had a definitive edge in talent. Hopefully, this crew can make a difference.
I view both the teams and games from last year different than most, I suppose.

donoseven

dono1528
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2007
ATX
Forget overthrowing Oklahoma. How many elite players does Texas need to beat TCU, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State consistently?
That's some cold sh*t, right there... comin' up in here with all that truth... you should be ashamed of yourself...

wbw_55

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2019
Ironically, I'm getting there with my passion for the team.
2011 against the Giants- the Dez catch that wasn't. That was the play that broke me. We're Al Davis'd until we're not.

txfight

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Cedar Rapids, IA
Here's a late B/S submission:
Texas wins the Big 12 Championship in 2018 with the roster we had, if Sark's coaching staff coached that team all year long.

Reactions: Duanej6

qwanseeker

In Sark We Trust 🐮🏆🍺🤘
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004

So do we believe the kid’s story to his mom that it was a staring contest and he was trying to distract her? She is pretty engaged other than when the adult yells something to interrupt in the beginning.

streettopeschel

'...suck it up and pick a number '
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2005
Boerne, Texas
@Ketchum , you give CDC credit as nothing more than a fundraiser? TBD on how their replacements work out, but he gets credit on Tom and Shaka moving on. And favorable reviews on their successors.

Hawk8827

Gold Member
May 18, 2020
Saban completely dominated recruiting, pretty much from the jump, at both LSU and Bama. We all know what needs to happen for UT on the recruiting front. And the quality of portal transfers is going to need to go way up as well. I'm not expecting UT to make the Big 12 championship game in 2021 so the next class is critical.
Texas will win The 12 championship

Big Stoop

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2013
The Woodlands
Hey, now that was a well written piece, sir ... interesting, entertaining, educational even, and kept my attention all the way through. Was kinda disappointed when it ended. Good job Geoff and thank you. 🙃

Reactions: marinehorn

TLG1

Gold Member
Nov 28, 2012
There's a lesson to be learned here about not being so married to your original plans when the time calls for you to be flexible.

That's a life truism no matter what your profession is.

Reactions: Ketchum

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Hey, now that was a well written piece, sir ... interesting, entertaining, educational even, and kept my attention all the way through. Was kinda disappointed when it ended. Good job Geoff and thank you. 🙃
Thanks for the kind words! Always appreciated.

Reactions: DKinnamon

bkennedy404

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Per the Falcons and Matt Ryan, their draft is likely a combination of QBs available, belief that Ryan still has his fastball, freak Pitts and a new HC, former Titan OC Arthur Smith.

Although about 1/3rd of Falcons fans wanted a 1st round QB, ATL must believe the best play is to build on status quo, address QB later.

Reactions: utsaappt802

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Per the Falcons and Matt Ryan, their draft is likely a combination of QBs available, belief that Ryan still has his fastball, freak Pitts and a new HC, former Titan OC Arthur Smith.

Although about 1/3rd of Falcons fans wanted a 1st round QB, ATL must believe the best play is to build on status quo, address QB later.
Believing in hopeless dreams is part of being an NFL fan, I suppose. ;)