ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Wrapping up the weekend and addressing DFW...)

above .500 in a rugged league is "pretty decent" and not any kind of hyperbole to get worked up over.

I think it's pretty telling. At the end of the season, if we are 9-9 in Big 12 play and firmly in the middle of that standings we will be firmly "average." Nothing "decent" about given it would be a 4th season for Shaka. It's time some of you at least "pretty decent" expectations for the basketball program.

Reactions: Horns08
Quite frankly as long as we are pulling in top 5 classes every season I don't care if we don't pull a single recruit out of DFW.
I just don’t like Dallas in principal. I’d rather kids who want to play here. They all seem entitled, except the ones who decide to come here. Lol.

... If new commit Mookie Cooper played his high school ball in the state of Texas, we'd be talking about a top-10 level type in-state talent. I compared him to Duke Thomas the other day, but the name Nathan Vasher rolled around in my head as well.

Mookie is built more like Quan Cosby than Duke Thomas or Nathan Vashar, who were primarily DBs at UT.

I think it's pretty telling. At the end of the season, if we are 9-9 in Big 12 play and firmly in the middle of that standings we will be firmly "average." Nothing "decent" about given it would be a 4th season for Shaka. It's time some of you at least "pretty decent" expectations for the basketball program.
who are you arguing with?

One of my best buddies makes films....mostly commercials, but he worked on JFK and a number of other notable films. He got me so jazzed about Roma, I couldn't wait to see it. I'm sure others will flame me (he already did) but I put that movie in the top 3 most boring films I've ever seen in my life. Yes, the cinematography is beautiful, but everything else about that movie is a snoozefest. With that in mind, it will likely clean up at the Oscars and win best picture.

THIS THIS THIS

A person who thinks 7-6 in year 4 of a Texas basketball coaching tenure is "pretty decent."
Sadly the people that matter aren’t cutting the check. I always thought it was slam dunk he was gone but unfortunately it doesn’t move the needle with the alumni who can make a difference.

One of my best buddies makes films....mostly commercials, but he worked on JFK and a number of other notable films. He got me so jazzed about Roma, I couldn't wait to see it. I'm sure others will flame me (he already did) but I put that movie in the top 3 most boring films I've ever seen in my life. Yes, the cinematography is beautiful, but everything else about that movie is a snoozefest. With that in mind, it will likely clean up at the Oscars and win best picture.
It's very slow starting.

A person who thinks 7-6 in year 4 of a Texas basketball coaching tenure is "pretty decent."
tenor.gif

Reactions: Gus McCrea
I will take the time to stop and laugh at anyone I see wearing an OB letterman jacket in public and this is coming from someone who spends an absurd amount of time on this site. Was always a joke and needs to remain a joke.
sit down, chet.;)

Reactions: joeywa and podo87

You are not alone. I too was swept up by the buzz but came away not understanding how Oscar Nominated Best Picture and "Roma" would ever be in the same sentence. Then I read the total cost to make the film was 15M and the cost to make it an Oscar Nominated film has exceeded 25M.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
BUY or SELL: Herb Hand is more important to the program than Todd Orlando right now (in other words, losing him would be more of a setback in several phases of the program)?

(Sell) It's very close, though, which speaks to the value of Hand to the Texas program. I gave it a lot of thought and eventually decided that Orlando is still the most important coach on the staff.
=========================================

Yes!

Herb Hand being shown some damn respect!

RE: #6 and the Longhorn Network....

I am constantly amazed by the negativity I read about it on here. I consider it to be like finding money in the pocket of a pair of pants you haven't worn in a few years.

It will never be, and was never intended to be, something you watched 3 hours every day. Yes, it would be great if they had a few more things like the "1963" show, that was just awesome. It would be great if they could add another 50 or so old games to the lineup to show. There are a lot of ways it would be better than it is.

But....I get it with the same subscription package that I had when it started, so I don't pay a dollar more to have it than what I would otherwise. I get to watch all those baseball games, which is wonderful when Texas is Texas in baseball. I go back to the days pre ESPN (I didn't get it at my apartment until 1983) and remember laying on the floor in my bedroom with the radio antenna pointed out the window so I could capture maybe every third sentence of big baseball games on KLBJ after sundown. Getting to watch all those games and all the post season games...well, some of us are really spoiled.

THIS THIS THIS
Making the dance is decent IMHO. Historically we suck at basketball. No NC’s, no fans care, no sell outs. Way overshadowed by football. Same problem Duke, UNC, and Kansas have with having trash football programs. Not Shakas fault.

Making the dance is decent IMHO. Historically we suck at basketball. No NC’s, no fans care, no sell outs. Way overshadowed by football. Same problem Duke, UNC, and Kansas have with having trash football programs. Not Shakas fault.

Lol. It's okay if you don't understand.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
Context matters.

Lol. Feel free to explain your "context." Here's mine. Year 4 of a tenure with a talented roster, no "bad luck'" and we very likely STILL finish no better than .500 in Big 12. In what alternate universe of UT sports is that "pretty decent?"

Lol. Feel free to explain your "context." Here's mine. Year 4 of a tenure with a talented roster, no "bad luck'" and we very likely STILL finish no better than .500 in Big 12. In what alternate universe of UT sports is that "pretty decent?"
It was pretty self-explanatory as is.

"This is a team that's playing pretty decent basketball in Big 12 play, as evidenced by the fact that the largest margin of defeat in conference play is seven points. In one of the toughest leagues in the nation, the Longhorns are always competitive at worst. "

Lol. It's okay if you don't understand.

I wish I was smart enough to get it, but some how able to express my self with out being a dick. oh well

ADVERTISEMENT