**OFFICIAL TEXAS vs the Directional school in SA gameday thread of avoidable trapdoors**

Were you doing hundreds or thousands of sit-ups each weak? Working core drills with medicine balls and trainers?

I know first hand how seriously the core exercises are taken by our training staff because, well, I've been through them. Granted it was several years ago but I'm told that little has changed. That 12 pound medical ball still fvcking sucks.

It just seems REALLY odd to me that he strains an abdominal muscle this early in the season. I mean, if this were the break between regular season and the bowl game-- meh-- I could see that--- MAYBE--- but coming right out of summer camp- followed by 3 months of summer workouts where you do core every day.... to the point where you start taking 4 sh!ts a day so you don't have to take 2 huge ones that need to be pushed out with any force.....

..... just seems odd.
So my injury went from a misdiagnosed ab strain to a double inguinal hernia. Good ole' 90s sports docs of a 4A school for ya!

And yes at 18 I wanted to be drafted into MLB or go BUDs applicant lol. So I was training like a mofo and stayed in the pool too. I did everything you could do to earn the injury, not resting properly, those Hollywood upside down sit ups, running around with logs and shit...

And truthfully I could still spin it in the 80s with control w the injury in the spring. Didn't have it fixed until my mid 20s. Got tired of looking at the family jewels and seeing a weird ass hump.

So my injury went from a misdiagnosed ab strain to a double inguinal hernia. Good ole' 90s sports docs of a 4A school for ya!

And yes at 18 I wanted to be drafted into MLB or go BUDs applicant lol. So I was training like a mofo and stayed in the pool too. I did everything you could do to earn the injury, not resting properly, those Hollywood upside down sit ups, running around with logs and shit...

And truthfully I could still spin it in the 80s with control w the injury in the spring. Didn't have it fixed until my mid 20s. Got tired of looking at the family jewels and seeing a weird ass hump.
Ah so you were herniated down by your pecker. I can see that happening. They're saying that Quinn has an oblique strain.

We need @speedstrength to come in here and explain to some of you knuckleheads the difference between the oblique muscles and the abdominal muscles.

And speed-- before you go off on me-- I too have had a sports hernia surgically repaired..... what a blast.....

Reactions: StainedOrange
Ah so you were herniated down by your pecker. I can see that happening. They're saying that Quinn has an oblique strain.

We need @speedstrength to come in here and explain to some of you knuckleheads the difference between the oblique muscles and the abdominal muscles.

And speed-- before you go off on me-- I too have had a sports hernia surgically repaired..... what a blast.....
Damn....all I know about obliques is that trying to work them into a corps level infantry assault didn't work out too well for George Pickett's division at Gettysburg.....hope Quinn fares better than that....

Don’t get me wrong either, Arch is and will be very good. When Quinn is in Sark can go deeper in the playbook and he trusts Quinn to make the play from anywhere on the field. He gets to his 3rd reads and knows every check down while also navigating around in the pocket. When Arch came in it was all one read plays that were to the side of the field where the receiver was one on one to make it easier for Arch. On our side of the field they were scared to let him throw over the middle. Good teams will pick that apart pretty quick. The offense with Quinn is >>>>>> than the offense with Arch. UTSA didn’t have the speed to keep up with our receivers, Arch gets credit for making the throw but there was not much thinking that he had to do.
That’s just true at all. Arch many times got to his 2nd and 3rd reads. Chase Daniels has a good breakdown of it on his Twitter if you want to check it out. But that’s just not true about Arch. His first play he came in Deandre Moore was his 3rd guy in his progressions and it went for a TD.

Sark even said in his postgame presser that the playbook is wide open regardless of Quinn or Arch. He’s been in this offense for almost 2 years now.

That’s just true at all. Arch many times got to his 2nd and 3rd reads. Chase Daniels has a good breakdown of it on his Twitter if you want to check it out. But that’s just not true about Arch. His first play he came in Deandre Moore was his 3rd guy in his progressions and it went for a TD.

Sark even said in his postgame presser that the playbook is wide open regardless of Quinn or Arch. He’s been in this offense for almost 2 years now.
Believe what you want to believe. I just hope Arch isn't needed to play in a big game this year.

Watch the video posted above, there's nothing to believe. The tape doesn't lie.
The last thing this team needs is a QB controversy manufactured by the national media. Want to derail a team? Start infighting. Get Ewers healthy and then he plays, until then get Arch and Owens as many reps as possible. Let's move this down the road without the circular firing squad. Chase Daniels is a Misery turd.... He hates Texas.

Reactions: freeper and DHHorn
The last thing this team needs is a QB controversy manufactured by the national media. Want to derail a team? Start infighting. Get Ewers healthy and then he plays, until then get Arch and Owens as many reps as possible. Let's move this down the road without the circular firing squad. Chase Daniels is a Misery turd.... He hates Texas.
I feel like the culture on this team will prevent any infighting. Quinn is QB1. Arch knows he's QB2. ULM & Miss St need to be the Arch / Owens show then QE is back and healthy for OU.

Last edited:
Reactions: weevilcatch
Watch the video posted above, there's nothing to believe. The tape doesn't lie.

Quinn is battle tested in three of the tougest environments...at Bama, Cotton Bowl and at Michigan. Arch is not. That said, from a QB standpoint the talent level is not in question at all. This is Quinn's team, but can't say I'm upset Arch is getting valuable reps.

Latest posts