ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Cup

Except it's not kickball. Kickball is baseball but with your feet. So your analogy is completely wrong. Soccer is more like hockey or basketball on grass.

Fail grandpa.

Soccer = hockey. Hockey = soccer. I call hockey, "sockey". Same boring type of sport, lol.

Soccer = hockey. Hockey = soccer. I call hockey, "sockey". Same boring type of sport, lol.

I find it hard to believe a game with non-stop play that is over in 2 hours can be found boring. Especially when you go to a game in person. You don't have time to get up and go anywhere because you might miss something. But it's your progative.

I find it hard to believe a game with non-stop play that is over in 2 hours can be found boring. Especially when you go to a game in person. You don't have time to get up and go anywhere because you might miss something. But it's your progative.
I like my progative..... I play with it twice a day......

For me, it has nothing to do with non-stop play, or the time it takes to play a game. I just find the game of soccer to be incredibly boring. What's exciting about a 1-0 or 1-1 tie in a kickball game? (((yawn)))

For me, it has nothing to do with non-stop play, or the time it takes to play a game. I just find the game of soccer to be incredibly boring. What's exciting about a 1-0 or 1-1 tie in a kickball game? (((yawn)))

Well if we gave goals 7 points like football then Englands win today would have been 42 to 7... Oooh. And Belgiums win yesterday would have been 35 to 14.

So much more high scoring! Geez dude. If high scores are your criteria then alrighty.

Well if we gave goals 7 points like football then Englands win today would have been 42 to 7... Oooh. And Belgiums win yesterday would have been 35 to 14.

So much more high scoring! Geez dude. If high scores are your criteria then alrighty.

Relax, let's allow others to express an opinion. No need to get upset.

If you don't like soccer I totally understand.
I don't like golf, tennis, hockey and at one point didn't care for baseball.

We will not win a world cup in our lifetimes. If I could collect on that bet with you, I'd like to try.

That doesn't mean we're "not any good"

There are not many countries that can say they have won a WC group ('10) and gone to the QF of a WC ('02).

We were one of two countries to make the QF of both the u17 and u20 WCs. We are about to see an influx of young talent starting in top leagues in Europe (some already do) and we still have some mid 20s guys that will be solid players for another WC cycle

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Kickball is a big yawn. BORING. Watching a bumper rust in a junkyard is more entertaining than a kickball game.

Not sure if you're point is to just be a belligerent ass, but calling it kick ball makes you sound like an ignorant meathead.

If you think it's boring then so be it. some people think football is boring....baseball, hockey, etc. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm sure you don't care and will continue to call it kick ball for some idiotic reason. Just wanted to give you what you probably wanted in the first place...a response

Not sure if you're point is to just be a belligerent ass, but calling it kick ball makes you sound like an ignorant meathead.

If you think it's boring then so be it. some people think football is boring....baseball, hockey, etc. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm sure you don't care and will continue to call it kick ball for some idiotic reason. Just wanted to give you what you probably wanted in the first place...a response

I call it kickball because I want to. I must have missed where I've called you names on here when I've disagreed with your opinion on something. You would be wise to do the same, weevil.

tenor.gif

damn you clob! I think someone started cutting an onion over here. I'm really hoping they can make the round of 16. I followed their run through the Euros. Incredible story and incredible that a nation that small can put out players that can compete and win at the world class level. Just sad that the good ole usa can't put a decent squad together. Should be much better.

I don't care who you are..... if this video doest give you goose bumps all over, you've lost your soul. Here's why:

Though I truly don't give a poo about soccer, what I do love is a good underdog. What I also love is team work. One heart beat. The splendor of things that can be accomplished when everyone is moving in lock step is truly magnificent. Iceland is a NATION of just 340,000 people-- a little larger than the city of corpus Christi. There are 100 professional soccer players in Iceland. That's it. Most all play at minor club levels. All have day jobs. One guy is a dentist. Today, little bitty Iceland took on a powerhouse soccer nation in Argentina. Argentina has this guy named Lionel Messi who is arguably the best soccer player in the world. His feet are as soft as jerry rice's hands, he passes like magic johnson, and he's almost as clutch as Michael jordan------ except for today. Messi had a free kick on goal today for the win and was stuffed in what ended as a 1-1 tie with Iceland.

Who stuffed him? The goalie----- who is a film director. Prior to the world cup coca cola commissioned him to do a coca cola commercial to help the world understand what the Iceland "thunder clap" is all about. This commercial will help you understand what can be accomplished when everyone is on board, moving in one direction.

One heart beat.

I call it kickball because I want to. I must have missed where I've called you names on here when I've disagreed with your opinion on something. You would be wise to do the same, weevil.

You can call it kickball all you want but it's silly because kickball is a completely different sport. Trying to demean soccer by calling it a different game makes no sense. It does make you sound like a child but whatever. We get it, you've dug your heels in and you just don't like soccer.

It's like calling baseball cricket simply because they both use a stick to hit a ball.

You can call it kickball all you want but it's silly because kickball is a completely different sport. Trying to demean soccer by calling it a different game makes no sense. It does make you sound like a child but whatever. We get it, you've dug your heels in and you just don't like soccer.

It's like calling baseball cricket simply because they both use a stick to hit a ball.
Cricket......... keep your hands off my wickets....

Reactions: weevilcatch

I've been on here for almost 18 years and if you're gonna ban me because I said you "sound like something" then so be it.

Calling the sport I coach "kickball" is insulting and disrespectful. And the moment I respond in kind I get a threat? Not good moderation MM.

We agree on 95% of things on here, except our feelings on soccer.

I'm waiting on belgium v England on Thursday. Two countries I truly love visiting. I can't decide if I'm leaning toward the imperialists or the waffle and beer makers.

Waffle and Beer makers for the win! Love Belgium just took a visit a month or so ago.

I've been on here for almost 18 years and if you're gonna ban me because I said you "sound like something" then so be it.

Calling the sport I coach "kickball" is insulting and disrespectful. And the moment I respond in kind I get a threat? Not good moderation MM.

We agree on 95% of things on here, except our feelings on soccer.

I never said anything about banning you. Just pointed out that calling people names here even when you don't agree with their position on something is not a good thing to do. Its ok to disagree on things, but be respectful towards each other when you do.

I never said anything about banning you. Just pointed out that calling people names here even when you don't agree with their position on something is not a good thing to do. Its ok to disagree on things, but be respectful towards each other when you do.

I want to be clear here on two things.

One, I didn't call you ignorant or a meathead...I simply stated that is what it sounded like when you call soccer kickball. Just so we're double clear, I don't think you're either. And two, I have said my piece in regards to my sport and my position in calling it kickball. That is that for me. Hook 'em.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Argentina - France in the round of 16. Yikes! We could also see a round of 16 matchup with Brazil - Germany. It's been a crazy world cup and I hope it continues.

The only game today that was a real snoozer was that France - Denmark game. Good grief it was like watching an 11am Big Ten game on ESPN2...nap time.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Argentina - France in the round of 16. Yikes! We could also see a round of 16 matchup with Brazil - Germany. It's been a crazy world cup and I hope it continues.

The only game today that was a real snoozer was that France - Denmark game. Good grief it was like watching an 11am Big Ten game on ESPN2...nap time.

Both teams had chances but Denmark definitely played it conservative to ensure at least a draw to advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT