ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Favorite Movies

Pretty much all Chevy Chase movies, Adam Sandler movies, Ben Stiller movies and all those great 80’s movies. Here’s 2 more that I like: Enemy of the State and Runaway Jury, oh yeah another great movie Training Day

And Will Farrell has had some hilarious movies i loved Talladega Nights. And he teamed up with Luke Wilson and Vince Vaughan for Old School which was great. You know comedies have never gotten the respect they deserve. When was the last time it won an Oscar for anything?

And a mention from a movie listed above 12 Angry Men. Film Historians can talk about how it was made I loved it. Almost the entire movie was shot in a jury room where 12 angry men deliberated a murder case combine that with great actors and you have a classic.

Speaking of movies, I met with a guy the other day who was in a couple of movies with John Wayne. He’s 85 and lives in Cuero. Doesn’t someone on here live in Cuero?

Reactions: ChrisLonghorn84
Hmmmm this is tough:

Shawshank
Braveheart
Dumb & Dumber
Christmas Vacation
Forest Gump
Honorable Mention: Nacho Libre (don’t judge)
Nacho Libre is pure gold. “Leggo my blouse”

on a related note, anybody like Napoleon Dynamite?

Reactions: Belldozer1
Kelly's Heroes: In a WWII movie featuring heavy hitters Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Carroll O'Connor and Donald Sutherland, Don Rickles steals the show with the greatest screen representation of an army quartermaster sergeant ever given.

I almost put this down. Love this movie.

The Searchers: The Duke should have won an Oscar for this one and still the greatest Western ever made.

I've mentioned that the story is based on events that actually happened to members of my family. This is why I didn't mention it.

Dazed and Confused: It absolutely nails high school life in the 70's-80's. Killer soundtrack and look at how many careers were launched off that flick....

This one should have been on my list, I watch it at least once a year.

Training Day

Great movie

Braveheart

Another family film. I'm actually related to both Robert the Bruce and Edward I Longshanks. Now I don't know who to cheer for.

Honorable Mention: Nacho Libre (don’t judge)

Another movie that should have made my list. So many quotes.

Another great comedy is Stir Crazy. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. Funny as hell.

Another movie that I like that wasn’t a big hit but Was pretty good imo is Gross Pointe Blank

Once upon a Time in the West
The Longest Day

Casablanca?.....I wont have any movie on my list that is only a classic because the critics say it is a classic. It simply wasnt that good.

Reactions: freeper
I very rarely agree with the critics on anything, but Casa Blanca is an almost perfect movie: Cast, plot, dialog, film-mechanics, etc, in fact, viewing it renders you a changed person. I certainly won't get into a urination contest with you, but when I was looking for a place to retire, at the end of a mildly successful 38 year career in the IT world, my wife and I looked at retiring to Panama City, where I planned to take my sailing sloop and sail one week in the Caribbean, traverse the canal, and one week in the Pacific.

Since my wife is a serious, world-class chef, I wanted to build a high-end marina/tiki-bar, in downtown Panama City & maybe do some light smuggling, all the while, operating in the vicinity of the most dangerous and mysterious area in the world, the notorious 'Darien Gap', about which, the head of the US Army Jungle Warfare School once said, "I've traveled in just about every dangerous spot on this earth, but when I'm in Colón, I roll up my windows."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT