ADVERTISEMENT

Farewell Seniors

westx

Dec 6, 2009
This senior class is as strong of a class that I can remember in a long time. They will be missed in spite of the injuries and coaching issues they were dealt throughout their careers at Texas. I hope they cap this season off with a hell of a win in whatever bowl we go to.

Zach Shackelford
Jeffrey McCulloch
Collin Johnson
Devin Duvernay
Brandon Jones
Malcom Roach

Others: John Burt, Jamari Chisholm, Gerald Wilbon, Parker Braun, Kirk Johnson, Mason Ramirez

Is there anybody left for next yr? Gonna have to do more teaching on Frosh and Soph if we gonna go next yr, it don't look good for Mr, Bubble Gum...as his teaching is limited...

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I'm sorry but from this vantage point this was a terrible senior class in every way manageable. A complete lack of leadership. Malcolm Roach and Zack Shackelford should have their title as captains taken away from them for the bowl game. When you have as many seniors who missed time because of injuries like we did it's obvious that they did not work out in the off season like they should have. And the s&c staff is responsible for this. The s&c staff should not be fired this year. But TH should let then know the way they prepared the team this season was unacceptable and will not be tolerated again. We were too cocky this season we thought it would be easy after beating GA in the SB. And if that's the case then we got
what we deserved this season.

I'm sorry but from this vantage point this was a terrible senior class in every way manageable. A complete lack of leadership. Malcolm Roach and Zack Shackelford should have their title as captains taken away from them for the bowl game. When you have as many seniors who missed time because of injuries like we did it's obvious that they did not work out in the off season like they should have. And the s&c staff is responsible for this. The s&c staff should not be fired this year. But TH should let then know the way they prepared the team this season was unacceptable and will not be tolerated again. We were too cocky this season we thought it would be easy after beating GA in the SB. And if that's the case then we got
what we deserved this season.
I agree. I didn't want to say anything, but this is one of the worst senior classes ever if we are being honest.

I agree. I didn't want to say anything, but this is one of the worst senior classes ever if we are being honest.
I was just looking at prior years recruiting and man the studs we get just have not worked out. A lot of names (4 ⭐️) are not even around anymore. Hope that changes soon!

I was just looking at prior years recruiting and man the studs we get just have not worked out. A lot of names (4 ⭐️) are not even around anymore. Hope that changes soon!
And whose fault is that? Instinctively, I lay most of the blame on the coaches for not utilizing and developing the talent once the athletes arrived at UT.

Reactions: outhereincali
Not blaming! Just thinking they were not very good to begin with. I mean they didn’t go somewhere else and light the world on fire.
Again, recruiting rankings say different. Are you suggesting that our coaches are so poor at talent evaluation that they are not to be trusted with recruiting?

Hey I’m not trying to make any points. Don’t know if it’s bad evals or just bad luck. The good player working out compared to not working out is very bad in the last 10 years! Tcu has done pretty good with the give me speed mindset. Art Briles used that same philosophy I think. You know the saying”speed ain’t ever had a bad day”. Maybe the tide will change soon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT