ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ewers to run it back in 2024?)

There's a very strong sense he's not going pro.

What round do you think he would go in (best case) if he entered?

Strong sense from whom?

At this point, given the very little details we know, I think it’s quite reasonable he could still be a Day 2 pick. When Willis McGahee was laying on the Fiesta Bowl turf nearly 22 years ago in what round did you project him going in less than 4 months later? When Todd Gurley tore his ACL nearly 10 years ago in what round did you project him going in 5 months later

Spot on analysis. All those things are true — and maddening, at times. My only comments on your movie list is I haven’t seen any of them other than Oppenheimer, but that’s probably the best film I’ve seen in the last 5 years.

Is our defensive secondary struggling because it has some injuries that guys are battling through? Scheme where they try to bend but don’t break by keeping everything in front of them? Can it be we don’t have the horses back there yet? We hear how loaded with talent we are, but doesn’t seem like our backend lives up to that diagnosis.

a. Not IMO
b. Passiveness in coverage hasn't helped.
c. yes

Reactions: DrHorn98
No question that he’s top 3-5 next year. His trajectory has been steady at Texas under Sark and it will continue. Even if we dont have the weapons at WR next year that he currently has. The O Line we have coming back helps a ton.

Edit: obviously barring a major injury. That’s the only thing I see getting in the way
What if he doesn't take the next step?

Strong sense from whom?

At this point, given the very little details we know, I think it’s quite reasonable he could still be a Day 2 pick. When Willis McGahee was laying on the Fiesta Bowl turf nearly 22 years ago in what round did you project him going in less than 4 months later? When Todd Gurley tore his ACL nearly 10 years ago in what round did you project him going in 5 months later
a. From people with knowledge of the situation.
b. Day two for a running back coming off an injury that might not let him make a first year impact?
c. The running back value in the draft has changed dramatically in the last decade.

Spot on analysis. All those things are true — and maddening, at times. My only comments on your movie list is I haven’t seen any of them other than Oppenheimer, but that’s probably the best film I’ve seen in the last 5 years.
It gets better every time you see it.

Reactions: Rockhornfan
The top QBs this year are very experienced guys…mostly 4 and 5 years of experience. Another year for Quinn is probably best unless he doesn’t mind being a lower round draft pick.

Ewers coming back should help us with WR and maybe even TE portal shopping. I’m not sure a difference maker wants to hitch their NFL chances to Murphy or a redshirt freshman QB.
No doubt.

I think the question is can Ewers lead a Penix type "one last get the gang together" in Austin?

Reactions: htownhorn13
It’s not super hero fatigue. It’s woke fatigue.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

What if he doesn't take the next step?
His improvement from year 1-2 tells me he will.
Sure, he could just sit on his ass, not work, and hold what he has but I don’t think that’s happening under Sark, and his buy in level has changed from his freshman year and I don’t see that going away.

Kids are kids though so who knows.

I think the chances are much higher we see continued steady improvement instead of stagnation or regression. Especially in the details and confidence level.

Last edited:
His improvement for year 1-2 tells me he will.
Sure, he could just sit on his ass, not work, and hold what he has but I don’t think that’s happening under Sark, and his buy in level has changed from his freshman year and I don’t see that going away.

Kids are kids though so who knows.

I think the chances are much higher we see continued steady improvement instead of stagnation or regression. Especially in the details and confidence level.
The last steps are the hardest to take.

Ask Sam.

Reactions: htownhorn13
The last steps are the hardest to take.

Ask Sam.
Sam was a different type of talent. Was harder for a guy like that (even with all the intangibles) to make that final jump. QE has more natural passing ability and has Sark coaching him.

Besides, who do you see next year coming back that can push him out of the top 5?

Reactions: Horn19
Sam was a different type of talent. Was harder for a guy like that (even with all the intangibles) to make that final jump. QE has more natural passing ability and has Sark coaching him.

Besides, who do you see next year coming back that can push him out of the top 5?
The bottom line is the bottom line.

I'll be honest, I haven't thought much about the 2025 Draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT