ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Grading the Hires and so much more)

What RB will be on the team next year when the season starts and Where would they find snaps for another WR?

Will they add a OL that will start next season? Seems like all they are worried about is on defense.
It's a little early to say anything, really. This is the first Monday where the coaches are all on the team together.

I think of it as more of a Bowie song than a Queen song.

200.gif

Offensive coach average: 8.3
Offensive recruit average: 8.25 (no including Milwee)
Defensive coach average: 8.6
Defensive recruit average: 7.1

How does this compare with OU/A&M?
I'll find out.

I would flip that. I keep going back to the guy got fired as an OC just two years ago (my brother in law is a Falcons fan and can't say enough horrible things about him and his offense when there is equal talent, probably also just to piss me off). That has to ding him a little and keep him from that elite of the elite 10 range like a Ryan Day or Lincoln Riley from a pure offensive coaching perspective. But i think his recruiting - both what he did at USC and the recruiting staff he put together, is elite of the elite.
OC experience in the NFL means a lot in my book.

Neither of those dudes you mentioned have it. They haven't had a taste at the highest level in the sport.

Disagree. Saban had literally nothing to do with the Alabama offense.

Going further, one has to be foolish not to at LEAST appreciably wonder how assistants will do now that they've left the Saban nest. Sorta like damn near NO Patriot assistants under Belichick have done sh*t as HCs elsewhere after leaving Foxboro.

Reactions: Htown2utSAhorn13
OC experience in the NFL means a lot in my book.

Neither of those dudes you mentioned have it. They haven't had a taste at the highest level in the sport.

But he got canned. Dropped 11 points per game after he took over and was gone in two years. And both those dudes i mentioned have options to be head coaches in the NFL today.

I would love to see how you rated the previous 2 coaching staff hires.

Comparing their resumes vs this staff resumes might be useful for future reference.
Later in the week.

Reactions: Comb
Going further, one has to be foolish not to at LEAST appreciably wonder how assistants will do now that they've left the Saban nest. Sorta like damn near NO Patriot assistants under Belichick have done sh*t as HCs elsewhere after leaving Foxboro.
well, it's a different job.

I can't rank Sark as a 9 as a head coach based on his extensive history.

But he got canned. Dropped 11 points per game after he took over and was gone in two years. And both those dudes i mentioned have options to be head coaches in the NFL today.
Greg Robinson once got canned right before he took the Texas job.

The 2017 Falcons also won 10 games and went to the playoffs (and won a game).. It wasn't a complete failure.

Greg Robinson once got canned right before he took the Texas job.

The 2017 Falcons also won 10 games and went to the playoffs (and won a game).. It wasn't a complete failure.

Fair point. Reasonable argument about whether he is a 10 or a 9 is not a bad thing, and certainly an upgrade from offenses here for the last decade.

Not on game days. He lets his coaches coach.

That still does not mean "literally nothing." At the end of the day, his entire offensive staff is working with a juggernaut of talent supplied by the boss.

That still does not mean "literally nothing." At the end of the day, his entire offensive staff is working with a juggernaut of talent supplied by the boss.
You're right, I'm glad you went as literal as possible with the word literally. It's the nitpick worthy of the weekly nitpicking. I literally should have omitted the word literally.

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers

So it’s all about the talent, and coaching and/or execution mean nothing? If that’s the case, Bama should win the NC every year instead of just 6 in 13...😏

i reread my post, my tone was probably a little off, i am certainly excited for what Sark brings offensively and think he is a huge upgrade, I just think a 10 is high. I also want to temper my expectations a little in that regard, as he had 1 top 20 offense in 8 and 1/4 years at Washington and USC, was fired as an OC in the NFL, then came to Alabama with an offense that was top 2 in the country and kept it there. On resume I think there are other guys that deserve to be above him.

ADVERTISEMENT