ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Hello Mr. Limb, my dear old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s been complaining about slavery.
No, that's not really it at all. That one comment is just one comment. Maybe educate yourself on what she's complaining about. I can give you some links.

Big Bertha
my friend I always like reading your input into a post keep sharing you insight with all of us. My friends y'all have a blessed week Keep Your Horns Raised High And Proud
Thanks Jim. You are a good man and I always enjoy your posts.

Then TexasLawnghorn is no more trapped within "a little bubble of ideas" than you are.

Nothing in either Rapinoe's comments or Baldwin's quote make it necessary for her to disrespect the flag and the anthem which have done her no harm, which many of us love, and which symbolize the country that she is supposed to represent.
I wish some of you that are so worried about the anthem's feelings cared as much about the Constitution's feelings.

The truth is you don't have any true feel for what my true bubble of ideas are.

I wish some of you that are so worried about the anthem's feelings cared as much about the Constitution's feelings.
What do you mean, the Constitution?
The truth is you don't have any true feel for what my true bubble of ideas are.
I have about as much understanding of your bubble as you do TexasLawnghorns'.

What do you mean, the Constitution?

I have about as much understanding of your bubble as you do TexasLawnghorns'.
About 75% of my friends are liberals, so I have a pretty good understanding of the viewpoints. I'm not going to assume Ketch's friend base, but I'll just say that having lived in 5 of the 11 largest cities in America (all blue cities, by the way) plus Washington, DC (again, blue), I am in no way isolated to views opposite of mine. Also, having attended a couple of the better universities (and bluest), I have had a good opportunity to have my views challenged by some really smart and sincere people, and I have learned a lot from my friends that I met along the way. Notably, I've swayed some minds and had my mind swayed on more than a few political issues by actually engaging in discussion, which is something Ketch wants to run from apparently. So much for that whole "I am protesting the flag in order to start a national dialogue." Guess it's better to "choose not to engage" and move back to his bubble. (BTW - I suggest this topic be moved to the Corral.)

No, that's not really it at all. That one comment is just one comment. Maybe educate yourself on what she's complaining about. I can give you some links.

I'll take the links, please. I'd love to see where my ideas about her are wrong (sincere, not sarcastic).

Also, I saw in the tweet from her statement, she expressed a desire to have a conversation.I have no doubt that if she showed up to the White House and requested a meeting with President Trump to discuss her issues, he would acquiesce. you can't have a conversation if you don't meet.

Reactions: Pho King Master
I have seen very, very, very few women not support her. Those that do usually do so my misrepresenting her intentions in the way that narrow minded people often do.

I've actually seen more women joke that they'd be gay for her than not support her at all, especially if we eliminate this idea that she's dissing the military, which is the empty, dishonest tactic that so many want to use.

I'm reminded of comments she made this week. It's very much in the l;ine of thinking expressed by James Baldwin decades ago.

The problem with women is they support her with words, but I don't see them buying tickets to womens soccer games. If you want equal pay then give equal support to the players. There is a reason why the men make more money and is as simple as men watch more soccer and buy more soccer products. Women need to vote with their wallet.

Reactions: swlonghorn
I've had the No.1 site in this industry for nearly 15 years and I've done it my way.

I think i'll stick to what I want to.

I certainly had to ask "WTF?" at the "your site will flourish. LMAO.

Oh I get it. It’s one comment, but it’s the dumbest one she’s made.

I agree with her that the criminal justice system is jacked up. But I doubt we agree on the causes. I agree with Thomas Sowell that handouts and culture problems have plagued the folks being affected by the criminal justice system the most. (The statistics on this from pre-Great Society to now make this a non-debate)

There’s a place and a time for her social justice warrior agenda. While representing America on the world stage isn’t it.

I remember watching Creed Humphrey’s HS film and wanting the kid really bad. Didn’t see him being this damn good though.

Also, could this be the first ever Ten Thoughts From the Weekend moved to the corral?

We're witnessing history in the making folks.

Reactions: texhorns12
I'm giving myself a pass.

I merely answered the issues brought up in the thread.

I'm not sure many of you would truly like to hear me. You might be different, but the majority don't want to hear it. It makes them mad/uncomfortable/mad. I sure as shit am not going to the Corral.
=)roll

Reactions: exit-left
It's hard to confine politics to a separate forum when many people insist on seeing sports primarily through a political lens. That's not Ketch's fault. Every institution of society and every aspect of culture is being politicized and polarized in much the same way. It becomes increasingly difficult to draw a clear line between politics and art, politics and education, politics and science, politics and sport.

In a sense, I'm trying to recover that distinction through my argument in this thread.

No it is not really that hard to do

https://www.freetheslaves.net/about-slavery/slavery-in-history/

The English women’s team didnt protest their own country during the World Cup for allowing slavery until the early 1800s.

Why do you figure they didnt protest like Megan did?

Maybe because most rational people outside of certain trendy contemporary WOKE subcultures realize that protesting things from a century and a half or two centuries ago are dumb and disingenuous.

I'll take the links, please. I'd love to see where my ideas about her are wrong (sincere, not sarcastic).

Also, I saw in the tweet from her statement, she expressed a desire to have a conversation.I have no doubt that if she showed up to the White House and requested a meeting with President Trump to discuss her issues, he would acquiesce. you can't have a conversation if you don't meet.
Also kind of interesting that she is a lesbian who decided to protest the first President in US history that supported the legalization of same-sex marriage prior to taking office.

Reactions: DrothmanII
Literally no one kneeled during the World Cup, but keep on making things up.

what was she protesting ?......specifically

i'm playing averages here..i don't know ..but its better than even money nobody asked the very basic question

besides Trumps a Nazi ( he's not hes a Capitalist that wants less government involvement in every arena ......which makes it weird they keep calling him that on any level ) and the typical unending and unspecific outrages that Liberals find themselves in

Three quick thoughts...

a. The video of her talking about the White House was months old when it came out. It wasn't like she made the comments in the middle of the World Cup. It was an off the cuff comment made months ago.

b. She has stood for the anthem throughout the tournament. It's that she's not singing that is apparently the problem for some, which feels very much like forced propaganda at this point. It's always something.

c. In general, I wish people cared 1/10 for the reasons why she kneeled as they care for her not kneeling. Maybe then we wouldn't have as many black men dying at the hands of the police.

This is some of the funniest stuff I e read on here. Thanks Ketch.

IIRC you claimed during your "Orangebloods Townhall" that you would discontinue talking about politics and focus on the actual purpose for the site, right?
And I have. The politics have somewhat followed me with the discussion of women's soccer.

I'll PM you.

Yeah, the people who call for "having a conversation" usually mean they want you to listen while they tell you what you ought to think.
I think it's cute that some are pretending like they want to have an honest "conversation"

Oh I get it. It’s one comment, but it’s the dumbest one she’s made.

I agree with her that the criminal justice system is jacked up. But I doubt we agree on the causes. I agree with Thomas Sowell that handouts and culture problems have plagued the folks being affected by the criminal justice system the most. (The statistics on this from pre-Great Society to now make this a non-debate)

There’s a place and a time for her social justice warrior agenda. While representing America on the world stage isn’t it.
As long as it's during a time and place that you and other men approve of, amiright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT