ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (On Bru McCoy, Mount Vernon ISD and more ...)

I was with you on the Briles rant and then you had to try to link Trump to him. You couldn’t help it.

Yes, it was a bad thing for Trump to say-no action, it was something he said.

Hell, you could have referenced an action, maybe, someone sticking a cigar up an intern. Or someone credibly accused of raping or assaulting several women-but you just couldn’t help yourself.

Be better...
Fascinating that you can't see this through anything other than a prism of party. Nice caping for sexual assault predators.

Liked it all, but why sell on playing for a national title this coming year. You prefaced it on "if the cards fall right" well hell our cards have a very high chance to fall right this year

@Ketchum i was listening until I saw that you had posted a personal picture of a man’s family for your article.

IMO you crossed a line here. This is not a blog or a free board. You get paid to write and this is pretty much doxing him and his family.

Just my opinion.
I posted his Twitter profile picture, the picture he uses to present himself with.

I disagree with you.

If only he cared as much about women as you do about his own publicly shared photos being publicly shared.

Liked it all, but why sell on playing for a national title this coming year. You prefaced it on "if the cards fall right" well hell our cards have a very high chance to fall right this year
I don't believe in Texas like that yet.

Not sure what you mean.
Sorry I read with a critical eye. Words mean things. You’re the one that made the reference. You decided you needed to take that swipe.
You made the reference, not me. I assume you included it because you meant to.
It’s not a “party” thing to me. I find it fascinating that you couldn’t seem to help yourself. Oh well.

Maybe the 10 thoughts should be moved to the corral...

Oh, if Twitter had only been around when hot takes like this were being said about Michael Jordan when he couldn't get through the Pistons.
You mean like when the 6th seeded Bulls lost to the Pistons in the 89 conference finals who were one of the best teams ever? News flash but they were supposed to lose and the 2019 Raptors are not the 89 Pistons. MJ never lost as the one seed but as for players who stepped it up in their first conference finals- Mo Malone, Bill Walton, Tim Duncan, Dennis Johnson, Marvin Webster, John Johnson, Maurice Lucas, Lionel Hollins, Shaq, Hakeem, RIchard Hamilton and Cedric Maxwell just to name a few. A lot of these players were not on the one seed either.

Not sure what you mean.
Sorry I read with a critical eye. Words mean things. You’re the one that made the reference. You decided you needed to take that swipe.
You made the reference, not me. I assume you included it because you meant to.
It’s not a “party” thing to me. I find it fascinating that you couldn’t seem to help yourself. Oh well.

Maybe the 10 thoughts should be moved to the corral...
Or maybe you can go there. I'm done talking about it. Apologies if it hit a sore spot.

I'm not trying to protect enablers.

Good Country Song list. I'd have found a place for "Country Bumpkin" by Cal Smith.

And that is a great picture at the bottom of the post.

ap_111224145198-soldier-returns-home-3a31ee445e364690f79cd35f4b3129677327d2df-s800-c85.jpg

Reactions: marinehorn
You mean like when the 6th seeded Bulls lost to the Pistons in the 89 conference finals who were one of the best teams ever? News flash but they were supposed to lose and the 2019 Raptors are not the 89 Pistons. MJ never lost as the one seed but as for players who stepped it up in their first conference finals- Mo Malone, Bill Walton, Tim Duncan, Dennis Johnson, Marvin Webster, John Johnson, Maurice Lucas, Lionel Hollins, Shaq, Hakeem, RIchard Hamilton and Cedric Maxwell just to name a few. A lot of these players were not on the one seed either.
Lot of revisionist history starting to take place in this thread. For what? To protect an ignorant public that makes a habit of overreacting to defeat?

You went first.
It needed to be said. I won't allow enablers to live in their pretend land enable island. Now go to the Corral or wherever you want, but you can leave this thread.

I don't have time today for the usual suspects.enablers. I'm kind of asking and kind of telling you.

If the only thing you took from that article was that line, it's revealing you for who you really are. I don't really care to discuss your cross to bear.

When you know in your heart of hearts that whatever despicable action you force upon a young woman, you’ll still be able to play on Saturday because your coach has given you a wink and a nod and “just wants to talk about football”, you feel pretty powerful to do whatever you want..in an earlier day a kid who did that to a woman would face his own unique brand of justice somewhere sometime but as that community had already proven, there are no consequences in Waco and around that program. Honestly if not for Ketch and Alex, the whole story would have died. I’m hopeful that there are still wheels turning behind the scenes on this story but I’m becoming pessimistic.

Briles could have only been hired in a small town away from a Dallas/Houston/Austin/San Antonio media that would wear this story out. I’m not totally certain that McCulloch will get away with this, but even if he does have to rescind the offer as others have done after a few days amidst the outcry, he will carry some damage with him permanently.

Geoff- My first wife was a sexual abuse survivor, like the women you were close to, and that damage to her didn’t have an expiration date. So how many women will have to carry on while the Briles try to “just talk about football” at the same time that those women live on afraid of the dark side of their lives as much as they might try to shake it and as much love as their families and loved ones help them.

Fascinating that you can't see this through anything other than a prism of party. Nice caping for sexual assault predators.

Or maybe you can go there. I'm done talking about it. Apologies if it hit a sore spot.

I'm not trying to protect enablers.

Not a sore spot, an observation. You are tying speech (albeit bad speech) to action, when there were clearly better example if you wanted to include politicians.

I think it says more about you than me.

But as you said, I guess we’re done.

I posted his Twitter profile picture, the picture he uses to present himself with.

I disagree with you.

If only he cared as much about women as you do about his own publicly shared photos being publicly shared.

Actually I care about your integrity as well.

I can care both about women and the unhealthy practice of journalists targeting public figures families.

I find it amusing that the same people that hate Briles for what he has done are the same people wanting men and women to use the same bathroom and allowing men to compete as women in sports. Then turn around and wonder what went wrong.

I think Briles is a POS. But you SJW are hypocrites.

@Ketchum i was listening until I saw that you had posted a personal picture of a man’s family for your article.

IMO you crossed a line here. This is not a blog or a free board. You get paid to write and this is pretty much doxing him and his family.

Just my opinion.

I agree, the point he was making could have been said without the need of a picture. Yes, he’s an enabler but have you tried to reach out and talk to him personally before this @Ketchum? Not too comfortable with peoples family being posted regardless of their actions. That’s his wife and little girls man. It’s one of his profile pics sure, but highly doubt Ketch would like it if his picture was shared in the same capacity. If posters care to know what he looks they can look it up, you don’t need to be the one presenting it. Blasting him is one thing but including his family is another. JMO

Rest of the article was a good read, agree with most your top 10 but think you have to throw I will always love you in there. It’s an iconic song that everyone knows one way or another.

Growing up in Corpus Christi and going off to school in Austin as an 18 year old was tough enough and i found myself homesick often. I cannot even imagine what Bru may be going through and I myself do not judge him if he wants to go back closer to home.

Reactions: Drindustrialeng
Actually I care about your integrity as well.

I can care both about women and the unhealthy practice of journalists targeting public figures families.
Again, it's the primary photo that he uses to present himself with. Given the circumstances, it's a fair question and commentary to make IMO.

Agree to disagree, while having full respect for your concerns.

It's the photo he chose to have representing himself when he announced the hire of a monster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT